PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "No more infighting" says Grahame
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: "No more infighting" says Grahame  (Read 35441 times)

GB Alty

Re: "No more infighting" says Grahame
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 08:09:58 PM »

Why was my earlier post removed?
My post removed as well. Forum police, you can't say anything anti Rowley by the look of it. Happy clappers in fear of Rowley, must pull the party line. No back bone or conviction, exactly the type of happy clappy thinking that got us into this mess in the first place

GB Alty

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 08:26:00 PM »

Surely this has to be the catalyst to revive the Rowley Out campaign? It was suspended so that the share issue/conversion could go through but that's happened now and this article makes it perfectly clear that GR wishes to continue as chairman, however the ownership of the club evolves.

I also think a Rowley Out campaign conducted during a relatively successful season, rather than a disastrously bad one, would be more stark and harder to dismiss.
Fully agree, unfortunately too many of the Rowley Out campaigners are enjoying the football now to make a stand. As fans we get what we deserve. For me I'll be Rowley Out till I die and I dont need any campaign to be so

No doubt this post will be deleted?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2017, 09:06:27 PM »

My post removed as well. Forum police, you can't say anything anti Rowley by the look of it. Happy clappers in fear of Rowley, must pull the party line. No back bone or conviction, exactly the type of happy clappy thinking that got us into this mess in the first place

This is in my opinion a completely daft rant.

I didn't delete your post, but I assume it's because you needlessly called SLO's to resign as if any of this latest debacle thrown at us by the chairman has anything to do with them. What you've put above is complete nonsense. How am I a happy clapper with no backbone or conviction? Have you read mine, or the other moderators posts? None of us are particularly pro chairman in my view.

To be honest you alone bring this forum down with your endless diatribe about how anti Rowley you are and how everyone else just isn't hard line enough and so on with your personal quest to be the Arthur Scargill of the Altrincham fanbase. You don't post to support the team, only to come on and attack other fans or representatives of the club with complete disregard for their opinions or their efforts for us as fans or the club.

Your boring, you've become an online parody of yourself and you just come on here making an already dismal situation even worse. You never offer anything constructive, just the usual aggressive tone to anyone who dares disagree with your opinion.

I'm fed up anyway with all this so if this post is deemed as too much then so be it I'll bin off the moderator role then I won't have to read your claptrap any more.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 09:20:36 PM »

Don't give up L'homme. I think I must be a happy clapper as I'm enjoying the show at the moment. One of at least 700 if last night was anything to go by. The board has made a good appointment and I expect us to be back in the conference north soon enough.

I honestly think some of the posters on here have been totally consumed by their hatred. Take a holiday guys. 

AltySupporter

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »

Don't give up L'homme. I think I must be a happy clapper as I'm enjoying the show at the moment. One of at least 700 if last night was anything to go by. The board has made a good appointment and I expect us to be back in the conference north soon enough.

I honestly think some of the posters on here have been totally consumed by their hatred. Take a holiday guys. 

Spot on.  Like you, I'm enjoying watching and supporting my team. If this makes me a happy clapper or whatever then so be it.  The silence from some posters since we've been on a decent run has been deafening. They'll be back when we have a bad result no doubt. Meanwhile, lets enjoy the good results.

Col

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 09:50:08 PM »

I've been quite dovish towards Rowley, thinking that he's essentially a decent man who has made many poor decisions.

However, this is just delusional. You can't just sweep terrible managerial appointments away as if you've ordered the wrong biscuits for a board meeting. His main purpose is to ensure the stability of the club and encourage footballing success. His decisions have had huge negative effects on both these counts.

If Rowley truly believes that he is capable of getting us back to where we were as he says in the article then he is vastly overestimating his abilities. What has happened under his leadership that gives him any encouragement that he has the skills to do so, especially with such a divided fanbase?

In fact, if you ever needed a more perfect example of why Rowley isn't fit to be chairman it's this article.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2017, 10:06:31 PM »

I didn't delete your post, but I assume it's because you needlessly called SLO's to resign as if any of this latest debacle thrown at us by the chairman has anything to do with them. What you've put above is complete nonsense. How am I a happy clapper with no backbone or conviction? Have you read mine, or the other moderators posts? None of us are particularly pro chairman in my view.

To be honest you alone bring this forum down with your endless diatribe about how anti Rowley you are and how everyone else just isn't hard line enough and so on with your personal quest to be the Arthur Scargill of the Altrincham fanbase. You don't post to support the team, only to come on and attack other fans or representatives of the club with complete disregard for their opinions or their efforts for us as fans or the club.

Your boring, you've become an online parody of yourself and you just come on here making an already dismal situation even worse. You never offer anything constructive, just the usual aggressive tone to anyone who dares disagree with your opinion.

I'm fed up anyway with all this so if this post is deemed as too much then so be it I'll bin off the moderator role then I won't have to read your claptrap any more.

When/ where have I slagged off the SLO

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2017, 10:17:59 PM »

When/ where have I slagged off the SLO

I wasn't referring to your post. I don't know who or why your post was deleted. I may not have seen it but any from you I did see seemed fair enough to me.

I didn't delete Jamie's post either as it wasn't particularly personally offensive.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2017, 10:25:20 PM »

Its good to see the infighting has subsided

Sorry couldnt resisit

Tickle
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2017, 11:35:05 PM »

Surely this has to be the catalyst to revive the Rowley Out campaign? It was suspended so that the share issue/conversion could go through but that's happened now and this article makes it perfectly clear that GR wishes to continue as chairman, however the ownership of the club evolves.

I also think a Rowley Out campaign conducted during a relatively successful season, rather than a disastrously bad one, would be more stark and harder to dismiss.
Fully agree, unfortunately too many of the Rowley Out campaigners are enjoying the football now to make a stand. As fans we get what we deserve. For me I'll be Rowley Out till I die and I dont need any campaign to be so

No doubt this post will be deleted?

What a load of sh*te.

Why are you trying to villiainse fans for getting behind the team? Not everyone wants to boycott games. Also, please don't point the finger at people who have, and still are trying to constructively move the club towards the end goal we all want. If you aren't happy with the lack of a vocal campaign then get off your arse and organise something if that's how you feel. I'm sure you'll find quite a few fans willing to join you.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 07:56:37 AM »

Not true, I removed both posts because I felt that this intellectual debate was not served well by personal insults.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2017, 08:46:20 AM »

Not true, I removed both posts because I felt that this intellectual debate was not served well by personal insults.

As a mod that is your prerogative, I have no problem with that at all. Perhaps you could have sent us a PM informing us of your intentions.

For the record I still think the bloke is Smug...

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 09:12:41 AM »

I love the fact that an article titled 'No More Infighting' has led to even more Forum infighting. To that end he has failed already.

GB Alty

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2017, 09:42:07 AM »

I love the fact that an article titled 'No More Infighting' has led to even more Forum infighting. To that end he has failed already.
Spot on, divide and conquer has always been his ploy. I just don't understand why more of us can't see when we're being played

Regarding the timing, if due diligence is ongoing as we have been led to believe then these comments can only be intended to scupper any deal. Sending a clear message to potential investors that he isn't going anywhere. Again surprised more of us can't see that

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2017, 09:43:21 AM »

Yes, once upon a time the forum was mainly light hearted.

I suppose its just a reflection of all our frustrations now.

Possibly its a good thing to let it all out here rather than in the ground, but I suspect not. Rather than a solid group of 50-100 people protesting on a matchday vocally that would make a real dent in the chairmans ambitions to shake this off we instead appear to be a squabling group of ten daft idiots ranting on here like happy idiots waving at cars.

I agree with Andrew above, instead of castigating each other on this forum a real constructive protest should be held, although I believe it far too easy to come on here with puff and bluster than it is to actually act. I've had enough for a while.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "No more infighting" says Grahame