PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "No more infighting" says Grahame
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: "No more infighting" says Grahame  (Read 35397 times)

arnald

Re: "No more infighting" says Grahame
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2017, 10:02:12 AM »

I'm not really bothered about the comunity or the Olympic legacy  or who the chairman is
I just want to go up two divisions  and bring the the home fans back

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2017, 10:43:06 AM »

I love the fact that an article titled 'No More Infighting' has led to even more Forum infighting. To that end he has failed already.
Spot on, divide and conquer has always been his ploy. I just don't understand why more of us can't see when we're being played

Regarding the timing, if due diligence is ongoing as we have been led to believe then these comments can only be intended to scupper any deal. Sending a clear message to potential investors that he isn't going anywhere. Again surprised more of us can't see that

If a new investor has 51% it really doesnt matter what anyone else wants - they can put whoever they choose into any position.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »

Recipe for success : first find your investor......

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2017, 05:02:16 PM »

Yes, once upon a time the forum was mainly light hearted.

I suppose its just a reflection of all our frustrations now.

Possibly its a good thing to let it all out here rather than in the ground, but I suspect not. Rather than a solid group of 50-100 people protesting on a matchday vocally that would make a real dent in the chairmans ambitions to shake this off we instead appear to be a squabling group of ten daft idiots ranting on here like happy idiots waving at cars.

I agree with Andrew above, instead of castigating each other on this forum a real constructive protest should be held, although I believe it far too easy to come on here with puff and bluster than it is to actually act. I've had enough for a while.
if your not part of the solotion your part of the problem

Tickle toes

One love x
ParkINson's red and white army

Bath Alty

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2017, 08:32:44 PM »

Too far gone for this. People will not come back until the chairman is replaced. Not once a year johnnys, bread and butter long term supporters of this club. I remember when the club was bigger than any individual

but aren't those who hold this attitude exactly the ones who have made this one issue / one individual bigger than the club.  "I'm boycotting the whole club because of one individual - no individual is bigger than the club"  Does that not strike you as a slightly ridiculous statement?

GB Alty

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »

Too far gone for this. People will not come back until the chairman is replaced. Not once a year johnnys, bread and butter long term supporters of this club. I remember when the club was bigger than any individual

but aren't those who hold this attitude exactly the ones who have made this one issue / one individual bigger than the club.  "I'm boycotting the whole club because of one individual - no individual is bigger than the club"  Does that not strike you as a slightly ridiculous statement?
The reason so many of us have walked away is exactly for the reasons Pete says, we have become Rowley FC not Altrincham FC, not a penny more we say, the club is not ours until Rowley has gone and this from home and away supporters of 30 years faces we would all recognise. It's not just me, I'm just the only one daft enough to post on here

Enjoy the football, but for some of us getting our club back is more important and a stand has to be been made. But keep clapping you might be right

However the ridicule towards those who continue to make that stand from moderators of this forum and those who when we were losing last year were happy to make the stand as well is sicking. Rowley must be laughing his socks off, he's made fools of us all

Not in my name

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2017, 09:30:48 PM »

but aren't those who hold this attitude exactly the ones who have made this one issue / one individual bigger than the club.  "I'm boycotting the whole club because of one individual - no individual is bigger than the club"  Does that not strike you as a slightly ridiculous statement?
The reason so many of us have walked away is exactly for the reasons Pete says, we have become Rowley FC not Altrincham FC, not a penny more we say, the club is not ours until Rowley has gone and this from home and away supporters of 30 years faces we would all recognise. It's not just me, I'm just the only one daft enough to post on here

Enjoy the football, but for some of us getting our club back is more important and a stand has to be been made. But keep clapping you might be right

However the ridicule towards those who continue to make that stand from moderators of this forum and those who when we were losing last year were happy to make the stand as well is sicking. Rowley must be laughing his socks off, he's made fools of us all

Not in my name

Excellent post Snoopy!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2017, 09:40:10 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but if someone comes in and picks up 51% of the club it still will not be your club, it will be theirs.

How long before the club is 750K in debt again? I'm told Oldham Athletic failed to pay their players last month

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but if someone comes in and picks up 51% of the club it still will not be your club, it will be theirs.

How long before the club is 750K in debt again? I'm told Oldham Athletic failed to pay their players last month
i get your point on it not being our club or anyones club etc .

On the point of debt and poor financial managment we have just had a statement telling us we are spending beyond our means this season anyway

Sadly fear holds us back . You have to take risks to enable change

If we didnt we would still think the world was flat and flying was just for birds
ParkINson's red and white army

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2017, 07:05:09 AM »

What makes you think that we would rack up a debt like that again? Is GR the only man capable of keeping us financially stable?

And I think that GR deserves a lot of credit for the overall stability we have with regards to money. The problem is that its just one part of the chairman's job. In several other aspects of the role (working behind the bar and doing sponsored walks is not in the chairmans remit) his performance over the last 18 months in particular has been extremely poor

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2017, 09:57:44 AM »

Not in my name

I don't get it? What exactly is it that your doing to get 'your' club back? And what do you mean by getting it back? You never had it, you don't own the club.

Don't get me wrong I think the chairmans done an awful job in the last few years and I think we need new blood. i just don't really understand what would be your ideal end to the situation?

Alty5678

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2017, 04:03:14 PM »

Just out of interest how much has been raised so far by the fan consortium to buy back your own club? The shares are there for the taking....

Matt Taylor

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2017, 04:38:48 PM »

but aren't those who hold this attitude exactly the ones who have made this one issue / one individual bigger than the club.  "I'm boycotting the whole club because of one individual - no individual is bigger than the club"  Does that not strike you as a slightly ridiculous statement?

"If I thought it was in the best interests of the football club for me to step aside, then I would...I've got to get them back to where they were."

I'm not sure it is the supporters who have made one individual bigger than the club? The future well-being of this football club should be far more important than one man's personal redemption mission.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:44:54 PM by Matt Taylor »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2017, 06:40:18 PM »

Just deleted a couple of posts for obvious reasons.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2017, 06:44:11 PM »

"If I thought it was in the best interests of the football club for me to step aside, then I would...I've got to get them back to where they were."

I'm not sure it is the supporters who have made one individual bigger than the club? The future well-being of this football club should be far more important than one man's personal redemption mission.

Also it says a lot that GR's highest ambition for the club is to leave it no worse off than it was when he took over.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "No more infighting" says Grahame