PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "No more infighting" says Grahame
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: "No more infighting" says Grahame  (Read 35435 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: "No more infighting" says Grahame
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2017, 06:44:17 PM »

Just out of interest how much has been raised so far by the fan consortium to buy back your own club? The shares are there for the taking....
Not sure .How much have you put in then we can go from there
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty5678

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2017, 07:05:59 PM »

I don't have the passion for the club that some on here clearly do, so an investment in it wouldn't interest me.

Alty5678

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »

Just deleted a couple of posts for obvious reasons.

What did I say that overstepped the forum rules leading to it being removed? Thanks

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but if someone comes in and picks up 51% of the club it still will not be your club, it will be theirs.

How long before the club is 750K in debt again? I'm told Oldham Athletic failed to pay their players last month
i get your point on it not being our club or anyones club etc .

On the point of debt and poor financial managment we have just had a statement telling us we are spending beyond our means this season anyway

Sadly fear holds us back . You have to take risks to enable change

If we didnt we would still think the world was flat and flying was just for birds  

I do not interpret spending some of the cash in the bank as spending beyond our means. It is dipping into reserves or spending money saved for a rainy day. I would much rather it was spent on building a new team now, than wasted on a desperate attempt to stave off relegation half way through last season.

You do have to take risks to enable change, I agree. But what is the change you are looking for?  I'm happy following a decent team who play honest football. If we should achieve league status it all becomes too ugly and  I'll find something else to do on Saturdays.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2017, 07:17:53 PM »

"Also it says a lot that GR's highest ambition for the club is to leave it no worse off than it was when he took over."

You are putting words in his mouth. He has not said getting it back where it was is his HIGHEST ambition.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:19:49 PM by cheshire cat »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2017, 07:22:25 PM »

Just deleted a couple of posts for obvious reasons.

What did I say that overstepped the forum rules leading to it being removed? Thanks

there was nothing wrong with it. It was a reply to the post I deleted so it made no sense. No offence intended

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »

I don't have the passion for the club that some on here clearly do, so an investment in it wouldn't interest me.
thats a shame

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2017, 08:10:39 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but if someone comes in and picks up 51% of the club it still will not be your club, it will be theirs.

How long before the club is 750K in debt again? I'm told Oldham Athletic failed to pay their players last month
i get your point on it not being our club or anyones club etc .

On the point of debt and poor financial managment we have just had a statement telling us we are spending beyond our means this season anyway

Sadly fear holds us back . You have to take risks to enable change

If we didnt we would still think the world was flat and flying was just for birds  

I do not interpret spending some of the cash in the bank as spending beyond our means. It is dipping into reserves or spending money saved for a rainy day. I would much rather it was spent on building a new team now, than wasted on a desperate attempt to stave off relegation half way through last season.

You do have to take risks to enable change, I agree. But what is the change you are looking for?  I'm happy following a decent team who play honest football. If we should achieve league status it all becomes too ugly and  I'll find something else to do on Saturdays.
im surprised you need to ask . Ive posted my feelings numerous times . To be clear once more however i am 100% behind Phil and the team . I am surprised you are  still coming now tbh there have been 2 lots of ugly scenes this season already due to lack of segregation of which we patiently  await the detailed findings of who made the decison not to segregate  ....🤔🤔🤔
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:16:58 PM by wayno »

GB Alty

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2017, 08:28:37 PM »

Too far gone for this. People will not come back until the chairman is replaced. Not once a year johnnys, bread and butter long term supporters of this club. I remember when the club was bigger than any individual

but aren't those who hold this attitude exactly the ones who have made this one issue / one individual bigger than the club.  "I'm boycotting the whole club because of one individual - no individual is bigger than the club"  Does that not strike you as a slightly ridiculous statement?
The reason so many of us have walked away is exactly for the reasons Pete says, we have become Rowley FC not Altrincham FC, not a penny more we say, the club is not ours until Rowley has gone and this from home and away supporters of 30 years faces we would all recognise. It's not just me, I'm just the only one daft enough to post on here

Enjoy the football, but for some of us getting our club back is more important and a stand has to be been made. But keep clapping you might be right

However the ridicule towards those who continue to make that stand from moderators of this forum and those who when we were losing last year were happy to make the stand as well is sicking. Rowley must be laughing his socks off, he's made fools of us all

Not in my name

I don't get it? What exactly is it that your doing to get 'your' club back? And what do you mean by getting it back? You never had it, you don't own the club.

Don't get me wrong I think the chairmans done an awful job in the last few years and I think we need new blood. i just don't really understand what would be your ideal end to the situation?
I didn't say your I said our - stop being pedantic when you know exactly what I mean - it's commonly accepted that football clubs belong to the the supporters (hence our club) and that directors/chairmen are merely the custodians of the football club on behalf of those supporters

Or you saying that not the case here? Truly Rowley is bigger than the club in your eyes. You don't understand what my ideal end to the situation is? Really, how many times have I said Rowley out, what don't you actually get about that? Whats not clear? How out of touch are you. This isn't some game just to annoy you as a moderator

What am I doing? I'm doing more than most at least I have made a stand for my principles (like many others have). We had Rowley on the ropes last season but he was let off the hook by the dissolution of the Rowley out campaign, six months later a couple of wins in a tinpot league and he's sitting pretty again (as his statement clearly demonstrates). He isn't going anyway unless pressure is exerted, happy clapping or not

What are you doing?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »

Too far gone for this. People will not come back until the chairman is replaced. Not once a year johnnys, bread and butter long term supporters of this club. I remember when the club was bigger than any individual

but aren't those who hold this attitude exactly the ones who have made this one issue / one individual bigger than the club.  "I'm boycotting the whole club because of one individual - no individual is bigger than the club"  Does that not strike you as a slightly ridiculous statement?
The reason so many of us have walked away is exactly for the reasons Pete says, we have become Rowley FC not Altrincham FC, not a penny more we say, the club is not ours until Rowley has gone and this from home and away supporters of 30 years faces we would all recognise. It's not just me, I'm just the only one daft enough to post on here

Enjoy the football, but for some of us getting our club back is more important and a stand has to be been made. But keep clapping you might be right

However the ridicule towards those who continue to make that stand from moderators of this forum and those who when we were losing last year were happy to make the stand as well is sicking. Rowley must be laughing his socks off, he's made fools of us all

Not in my name

I don't get it? What exactly is it that your doing to get 'your' club back? And what do you mean by getting it back? You never had it, you don't own the club.

Don't get me wrong I think the chairmans done an awful job in the last few years and I think we need new blood. i just don't really understand what would be your ideal end to the situation?
I didn't say your I said our - stop being pedantic when you know exactly what I mean - it's commonly accepted that football clubs belong to the the supporters (hence our club) and that directors/chairmen are merely the custodians of the football club on behalf of those supporters

Or you saying that not the case here? Truly Rowley is bigger than the club in your eyes. You don't understand what my ideal end to the situation is? Really, how many times have I said Rowley out, what don't you actually get about that? Whats not clear? How out of touch are you. This isn't some game just to annoy you as a moderator

What am I doing? I'm doing more than most at least I have made a stand for my principles (like many others have). We had Rowley on the ropes last season but he was let off the hook by the dissolution of the Rowley out campaign, six months later a couple of wins in a tinpot league and he's sitting pretty again (as his statement clearly demonstrates). He isn't going anyway unless pressure is exerted, happy clapping or not

What are you doing?

Rowley is not bigger than the club in my eyes. Don't write words on my behalf.

My point is what do you want beyond Rowley out? It doesn't just stop when he goes.

What am I doing? I'm supporting the club I love. I don't share the extremity of your views, I think the chairman should go but I think the outcome of the share offering purchase, currently under NDA, needs to be heard first.

If that turns out the way I think it will then there will be serious concerns and reason to protest and I'll do my part.

In the meantime the fans of this football club should be allowed to enjoy the positive results on the pitch without being lambasted for it and referred to as happy clappers. I find it patronising.

In all honesty I'm fed up of all of this and playing out all of our frustrations to each other on the internet is achieving nothing and quite frankly tedious.

I'll say no more for a while 

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2017, 09:20:17 PM »

I'm just glad the interview has achieved its aim and stopped all the infighting

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »

Not in my name

What are you doing?

Careful,don't piss the moderators off. So much for free speech.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2017, 12:09:38 AM »

If you don't want to get your posts deleted play the "argument" rather than the man. I try to get my point on here without being disrespectful to anyone.

I am bemused by the idea that anyone can get behind the team but not the chairman. Who appointed the manager that signed the players? As far as I can see Phil is going to do good things with this squad and as time goes on your stance is going to look out on a limb. I know he AND the board have made some decisions that didn't play out as they expected but so have I. My wife isn't filing for divorce just yet. I agree with the view that Grahame Rowley has no intention of stepping down. Nor would I. 

Regarding trouble at the ground I missed the Barwell game  but wasn't it Leicester fans that caused the trouble? I like the idea of not needing to segregate the fans. It is a relatively recent phenomena. Football managed without segregation for eighty years and no other sport needs it. Shame on us.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2017, 12:29:51 AM »

If you don't want to get your posts deleted play the "argument" rather than the man. I try to get my point on here without being disrespectful to anyone.

I am bemused by the idea that anyone can get behind the team but not the chairman. Who appointed the manager that signed the players? As far as I can see Phil is going to do good things with this squad and as time goes on your stance is going to look out on a limb. I know he AND the board have made some decisions that didn't play out as they expected but so have I. My wife isn't filing for divorce just yet. I agree with the view that Grahame Rowley has no intention of stepping down. Nor would I. 

Regarding trouble at the ground I missed the Barwell game  but wasn't it Leicester fans that caused the trouble? I like the idea of not needing to segregate the fans. It is a relatively recent phenomena. Football managed without segregation for eighty years and no other sport needs it. Shame on us.

Im sorry but saying Parky is a good apppointment (which he is) does not negate the prior awful appointments and revolving door of players last season. And also the phrase ‘get behind the chairman’ is a bit odd, we are Altrincham FC not Rowley FC, all the hopefully extra punters turning up tomorrow will not give a monkeys who the Chairman is, however some of them might think ‘Alty were playing Bristol Rovers and Tranmere two years ago, I wonder what’s happened to them since’. Genuinely the man has to leave his role as soon as expedient. He has overseen an appalling decline in our fortunes & the buck stops with him.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2017, 08:52:09 AM »

I'm just glad the interview has achieved its aim and stopped all the infighting

Are you taking your surname Kevin 😉
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "No more infighting" says Grahame