PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rushall - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rushall - Match thread  (Read 11945 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rushall - Match thread
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 09:49:02 PM »

Stourbridge v Halesowen is a proper local derby which gets a very good crowd whenever it's played at a convenient time, so I always expected that to be the best crowd of the day.

A very good result today, even if, as a few people have said, we didn't play particularly well, not that we were troubled at any stage.

News just coming through, by the way, that Rushall have parted company with Wayne Thomas after another heavy defeat.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 09:56:44 PM »

Job done today.

Back 4 were superb, don't want to see any change at all.

Big 2 games coming up
Only one maybe, it would be Short for Densmore but I would still go Densmore and Short as full backs until Disney comes back.

You really don't like Bembo-Leta do you?!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 11:48:59 PM »

Job done today.

Big 2 games coming up
Only one maybe, it would be Short for Densmore but I would still go Densmore and Short as full backs until Disney comes back.

Athlete - yes, strength - yes, speed when he beaks a sweat - yes. Defensive positioning - no, passing - average, fouling - yes, man marking - no. I can't make my mind up completely and he will get away with his bad attributes in this league but he would mess up often in the league above!

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »

Its always sad when a team parts company with a manager but its life in football at every level. Its definitely a results game !!! I overheard some discontented talk just after the game from some Rushall officials so the parting of the ways came as no surprise. In truth they were never in it. The second half was a canter IMO.  Good to see Ben Harrison get MOM.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »

Just seen the attendances for today over 2000 at Stourbridge? Is that correct.

Stourbridge is only 5 miles away from Halesowen.
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 10:35:39 AM »

Job done today.

Big 2 games coming up

Athlete - yes, strength - yes, speed when he beaks a sweat - yes. Defensive positioning - no, passing - average, fouling - yes, man marking - no. I can't make my mind up completely and he will get away with his bad attributes in this league but he would mess up often in the league above!

I get what you're saying to a degree. I think he has bags of skill and is obviously very good athletically but he never seems to move above a trot. To be fair to him he practically never lost the ball yesterday and he made all the tackles required of him. Maybe he'd look a bit more urgent if he was actually under any sort of pressure.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 11:14:21 AM »

Job done today.

Big 2 games coming up

I get what you're saying to a degree. I think he has bags of skill and is obviously very good athletically but he never seems to move above a trot. To be fair to him he practically never lost the ball yesterday and he made all the tackles required of him. Maybe he'd look a bit more urgent if he was actually under any sort of pressure.

I agree with that.  Tempting fate here but he has been part of a defence that concedes very few (Workington aside) and is on good form. I would also say being athletic, fast and strong at this level is no bad thing. If he's not good enough for a higher level then lets worry about that if and when we are there.

By no means our top player but he is no weak link either and he deserves his place right now.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 12:58:24 PM »

Like all our players, I hope it works out well for him. Will be interesting to see how he performs as a defender when we play against opposition with a half decent winger. For the time being, everything is fine.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 12:58:49 PM »

If Bembo Leta helps us get promoted, that's when I'll worry about his ability to play at a higher level. One problem at a time....
Come on Alty!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »

I think Bembo-Lita has a great deal more to give this club than he has done already, early days yet but there is more to come from this player; and I don't think it will be long before he scores his first goal.

He is one of the many players I am enjoying watching, my only minor worry is if we get counter attacked by a team, as he is a fully committed attacking defender and I worry he could leave us short. Other than that, I really cannot criticise him. we will see what happens when we play the likes of Warrington/Lancaster etc.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 06:50:05 PM »

I can understand where people are coming from. He appears to play in such a chilled out way. He's very confident on the ball. Far more confident than I am when he is in possession. I keep expecting someone to strip him of the ball but it doesn't happen.

adzid

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »

Think Bembo bas been one of our better players in the last few games I've seen him play. He creates countless good attacking situations and defensively hard to criticise a defence that keeps so mamy clean sheets. I get the fact his relaxed style of play makes people nervous but for a defender he actually has a good deal of technical ability.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2017, 08:57:03 AM »

I was gutted Bembo-Leta's goal was chalked off on Saturday, I thought he deserved it for how much he pushed up and supported.

If our fans felt we didn't play well in parts, then we're definitely getting spoilt a bit this season because that was leap years ahead of most things I've seen over the past couple of years (granted against mediocre opposition).

What I quite like is the willingness to play a short game up to the edge of their box (evidenced by Hancock's lovely team goal), take a few risks, etc.

It's good to know we're unpredictable in the final third for a change, and could just as easy play a ball into Hulme's feet with his back to goal or get it wide to JJ.

All the goals ticked good boxes - (1) corner, bit sweaty (2) good approach play (3) incisive breakaway (4) gambling on the rebound. Very satisfying.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rushall - Match thread