PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Phil Parkinson  (Read 30097 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Phil Parkinson
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 10:57:04 AM »

I don't see why he can't take this team straight through the national north and then he probably would be where most of the players could expect to be anyway.
It all starts to change once you need commitment  from players to become full time together with coming up against teams with bigger budgets.

Two successive promotions would look good on his CV.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 12:09:56 PM »

Hoping PP sees his job here to at least consolidate us in the conference.
Im a huge fan.
Rowley OUT!!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 12:38:17 PM »

I doubt whether our team is good enough to go straight up again next season (assuming we do indeed go up this year). The northern league is getting tougher and tougher all the time and we will definitely be light in midfield and probably up front. We'd need to bring in at least 3 more quality players at that level (a level PP has never operated at before) and we will be competing for players with a number of well-backed and/or full time teams.
Truthfully, in order to compete at anything above half way in the northern league, we'd need a change of leadership and some considerable investment. Sorry, but talk of two consecutive promotions is at the moment fanciful.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 12:47:52 PM »

Have to agree with Evostik Shame. Yes we are flying on the pitch this season but let's not get too carried away.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 01:01:48 PM »

If he were to get poached and leave with the backroom staff would that make Foz caretaker manager?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 01:39:46 PM »

If he were to get poached and leave with the backroom staff would that make Foz caretaker manager?
a given
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 02:22:32 PM »

Probably player manager :D

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »

Have to agree with Evostik Shame. Yes we are flying on the pitch this season but let's not get too carried away.

Well we've spent the last five seasons playing hoofball. It used to annoy me that we booted it out from goal and almost always looked for the second ball after an opposition mistake so I'm not sure the league above is so great. Blyth and Spennymoor seem to be doing OK.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 06:56:29 PM »

Spennymoor are definitely bankrolled. Don't know about Blyth.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 09:11:38 AM »

I am just glad PP, his team AND THE PLAYING SQUAD are all here. Thoroughly enjoying this season, why shouldn't we be optimistic about next season.  I know we should wait and see what happens finally this season, but we have had 2 years of disappointment. I believe that Phil and his team only need to make slight tweaks during the close season and we will make a good challenge next also.

Phil is happy, we are a big club and doing well and the future is now looking a little rosier. I think Phil would be wrong to leave that now and I think the club will do all it can to prevent that happening. I am just enjoying the now, and i look forward to every game. We are doing well because we have built a squad consisting of Nationwide North level players and those who want to meet the challenge. Plus a management team who want their players to play football the way it should be played, suits me fine.  However, we should take this in realistic stages rather than grow too quickly and backfire. All football clubs have upper years and downers, we have just bottomed out from ours and are now upturning.  We had a similar team during the Kingy era that played the same incessant attacking football, though I believe this team has slightly less aggression in it's play. They were both fabulous to watch though but as I say, this is the now and is why I am going to a few more away games than normal, despite yesterday's disappointment. Great side and very good on the eye to watch. I also believe that the players are actually enjoying the season too, as they are playing so well with each other. Probrably the best ones to ask would be the likes of Shaun, Jake and Simon, as they have been here through the bad and now good times. the mere fact they are still here tells me how they feel about the club, management team and board, so what is wrong with our infrastructure - very little in my opinion.

Congratulations to Graeme Rowley and the board for making this happen, mistakes have been made in the past which I bought into too, but we are now on the up and I feel people should lay off them now and finally get fully behind the club again. We now need to be a united club with players, board and fans and I am sure our success will continue. That is why i have written this message!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:27:42 AM by Steve from Sale »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 10:22:37 AM »

I am just glad PP, his team AND THE PLAYING SQUAD are all here. Thoroughly enjoying this season, why shouldn't we be optimistic about next season.  I know we should wait and see what happens finally this season, but we have had 2 years of disappointment. I believe that Phil and his team only need to make slight tweaks during the close season and we will make a good challenge next also.

Phil is happy, we are a big club and doing well and the future is now looking a little rosier. I think Phil would be wrong to leave that now and I think the club will do all it can to prevent that happening. I am just enjoying the now, and i look forward to every game. We are doing well because we have built a squad consisting of Nationwide North level players and those who want to meet the challenge. Plus a management team who want their players to play football the way it should be played, suits me fine.  However, we should take this in realistic stages rather than grow too quickly and backfire. All football clubs have upper years and downers, we have just bottomed out from ours and are now upturning.  We had a similar team during the Kingy era that played the same incessant attacking football, though I believe this team has slightly less aggression in it's play. They were both fabulous to watch though but as I say, this is the now and is why I am going to a few more away games than normal, despite yesterday's disappointment. Great side and very good on the eye to watch. I also believe that the players are actually enjoying the season too, as they are playing so well with each other. Probrably the best ones to ask would be the likes of Shaun, Jake and Simon, as they have been here through the bad and now good times. the mere fact they are still here tells me how they feel about the club, management team and board, so what is wrong with our infrastructure - very little in my opinion.

Congratulations to Graeme Rowley and the board for making this happen, mistakes have been made in the past which I bought into too, but we are now on the up and I feel people should lay off them now and finally get fully behind the club again. We now need to be a united club with players, board and fans and I am sure our success will continue. That is why i have written this message!

We keep hearing how the fans need to move on and get behind the board and the club. I'm sorry but this works both ways.

The failings of the previous two seasons ultimately were down to the chairman and board. In my opinion there was an unacceptable lack of accountability and humility from those at the top. That drove some fans away, left others alienated. Since then I do not feel the response from Mr Rowley and the board as a whole has been remotely adequate (although they deserve the credit for PP's appointment).

This shouldn't be about the fans needing to get behind the club. The onus should be on the club to reach out to the missing and alienated fans and win them back.

I fully support PP incidentally. He has done an excellent job so far.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 12:35:47 PM »

We keep hearing how the fans need to move on and get behind the board and the club. I'm sorry but this works both ways.

The failings of the previous two seasons ultimately were down to the chairman and board. In my opinion there was an unacceptable lack of accountability and humility from those at the top. That drove some fans away, left others alienated. Since then I do not feel the response from Mr Rowley and the board as a whole has been remotely adequate (although they deserve the credit for PP's appointment).

This shouldn't be about the fans needing to get behind the club. The onus should be on the club to reach out to the missing and alienated fans and win them back.

I fully support PP incidentally. He has done an excellent job so far.

Excellent post Bob

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 12:43:28 PM »

While I understand your points, Bob. my message was to try and reunite the fans and I agree that the club should also reach out. Now is actually the ideal time for both factions to come together whilst the club is on the up but both factions need to do whatever is best for the ongoing strength of the club. the board have already admitted they have made mistakes in the past but I am sure lessons have been learnt by everybody.

It is all for the good of OUR club, but some fans must also be open-minded and  allow repairs to be made before they are lost forever or the club starts to destabalize.  Time to let it go now and be reunited and do whatever it takes to repair damage done from both sides. I would suggest another meeting between fans and board. It's time also they and possibly the management got together again. The Rowley out campaign is damaging to the club and destablises it for all of us. Credit where credit is due now that things are looking up again and lets not lose sight of this.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:46:20 PM by Steve from Sale »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »

While I understand your points, Bob. my message was to try and reunite the fans and I agree that the club should also reach out. Now is actually the ideal time for both factions to come together whilst the club is on the up but both factions need to do whatever is best for the ongoing strength of the club. the board have already admitted they have made mistakes in the past but I am sure lessons have been learnt by everybody.

It is all for the good of OUR club, but some fans must also be open-minded and  allow repairs to be made before they are lost forever or the club starts to destabalize.  Time to let it go now and be reunited and do whatever it takes to repair damage done from both sides. I would suggest another meeting between fans and board. It's time also they and possibly the management got together again. The Rowley out campaign is damaging to the club and destablises it for all of us. Credit where credit is due now that things are looking up again and lets not lose sight of this.

I'm sorry, but that logic just doesn't work. I think that everyone is pleased with the way the team is playing at the moment, but we shouldn't have been here in the first place and I do not believe that there has been anything like the accountability there should have been or indeed any true form of apology from the clique that runs our club.

If we all follow your logic, then all Americans should be praising Donald Trump, forget the character of the man because the 'on the pitch' indicators say he's doing a great job for America. Unemployment is falling and is almost at a record low, US stocks have had a record run and the American economy is growing. It's not all about the current 'on the pitch' factors though is it? The character of the man is such that stability is more luck than judgement. No accountability, no ability to admit mistakes, fake news (NLP anyone), keeping 'yes' men around you lest your judgement be questioned and get rid of those who you feel undermine your authority.

I don't think there is anyone who is not behind the team and PP, but that does not equate to thinking everything at boardroom level is rosy, nor should it.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

GB Alty

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »

If Phil is so happy at the club, then why is he considering his future?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson