PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Phil Parkinson  (Read 30103 times)

GB Alty

Re: Phil Parkinson
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2018, 07:52:43 PM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfg54xwa7gwqljg/Screenshot_20180121-153645.png?dl=0

Thank you. He may have been approached about a bigger job or a full time position somewhere. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough if it affects Alty.
Was Alfreton I heard, but they appointed someone else

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2018, 10:30:43 PM »

It looks possible that we'll be swapping places with Alfreton. Hardly a step up and a really bad commute so it would have involved moving the family.

bighairedmike

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »

While I understand your points, Bob. my message was to try and reunite the fans and I agree that the club should also reach out. Now is actually the ideal time for both factions to come together whilst the club is on the up but both factions need to do whatever is best for the ongoing strength of the club. the board have already admitted they have made mistakes in the past but I am sure lessons have been learnt by everybody.

It is all for the good of OUR club, but some fans must also be open-minded and  allow repairs to be made before they are lost forever or the club starts to destabalize.  Time to let it go now and be reunited and do whatever it takes to repair damage done from both sides. I would suggest another meeting between fans and board. It's time also they and possibly the management got together again. The Rowley out campaign is damaging to the club and destablises it for all of us. Credit where credit is due now that things are looking up again and lets not lose sight of this.

I'm sorry, but that logic just doesn't work. I think that everyone is pleased with the way the team is playing at the moment, but we shouldn't have been here in the first place and I do not believe that there has been anything like the accountability there should have been or indeed any true form of apology from the clique that runs our club.

If we all follow your logic, then all Americans should be praising Donald Trump, forget the character of the man because the 'on the pitch' indicators say he's doing a great job for America. Unemployment is falling and is almost at a record low, US stocks have had a record run and the American economy is growing. It's not all about the current 'on the pitch' factors though is it? The character of the man is such that stability is more luck than judgement. No accountability, no ability to admit mistakes, fake news (NLP anyone), keeping 'yes' men around you lest your judgement be questioned and get rid of those who you feel undermine your authority.

I don't think there is anyone who is not behind the team and PP, but that does not equate to thinking everything at boardroom level is rosy, nor should it.

Another excellent post
lots of good points in this post

There was not even a staff supporters game last year . To kid ourselves everything is now ok is very niave

I agree with Bob/Snork Maiden and Uncle G.

As a point on Wayne’s post, there won’t be one this year either. Again, shows the board don’t want one and aren’t interested in helping relations with the fans.

andrewflynn

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2018, 08:36:48 AM »

There are no plans to hold a Staff v Supporters game this year. Given the time I know a few people put in to maintaining our Supporters Team’s training sessions, games etc... I’d say that’s a big shame. It would be a nice payoff for them to be able to grace the pitch.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2018, 08:46:32 AM »

There are no plans to hold a Staff v Supporters game this year. Given the time I know a few people put in to maintaining our Supporters Team’s training sessions, games etc... I’d say that’s a big shame. It would be a nice payoff for them to be able to grace the pitch.
The Staff v Supporters is usually a good curtain raiser of the Beer 🍺 Festival and a fund raiser for the club.
They really should be beating teams like us

andrewflynn

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »

The Staff v Supporters is usually a good curtain raiser of the Beer 🍺 Festival and a fund raiser for the club.

Indeed, however I believe the plan for the opening night of this year's festival is to showcase the Ladies team in an exhibition game (as it was last year.) Its a good platform to give them some exposure to a wider audience.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 09:25:53 AM »

The fact the club's haven't approached the supporters team to tell us this. Just found out by third parties
It's all my fault.

Alty5678

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »

Are the SLOs aware? Isn't this the kind of information they could be feeding back to the supporters, if they are aware.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »

Indeed, however I believe the plan for the opening night of this year's festival is to showcase the Ladies team in an exhibition game (as it was last year.) Its a good platform to give them some exposure to a wider audience.
Sunday afternoon would be a better date for the Ladies game. Personally I would go with this plan for the Beer Festival.
Friday night- Staff v Supporters
Saturday afternoon- Reserves game, unless the 1st Team have a play-off game(hopefully not)
Sunday morning(11am) Youth Team
Sunday Afternoon (3pm) Ladies Team(1st or DS)
Monday all day Junior Football Tournament

andrewflynn

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »

Sunday afternoon would be a better date for the Ladies game. Personally I would go with this plan for the Beer Festival.
Saturday afternoon- Reserves game, unless the 1st Team have a play-off game(hopefully not)

Pending an official announcement, but the Festival is pencilled in on the weekend of our last game of the season. We play Hednesford on the Saturday (28/04.)

Jezza

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »

I'm sure lots of people saw PP's tweet and like me decided not to make a big thing of it and just see what happened....I hope PP appreciates the respect his privacy was given on this matter and perhaps be a little more discrete in future.....alls well that ends well but Phil has won nothing yet...or ever.....and winning this league with alty will not be non league's biggest achievement.....I hope he really proves his worth, commits to alty until we are consolidated conference national...then he will certainly get a more worthwhile full time career move as opposed to a cartoon move to alfreton???...and he will go with best wishes and thanks ringing in his ears.....

It is not just our position in the non league pyramid that maintains a Rowley out attitude...although the fact we have to go to some of these places week in week out has never been taken accountability for.......it is things like the way people find out about staff vs supporters, stewards being sacked, fans being blamed and accused in national media and a general disgraceful air of almost contempt for certain Alty fans (normally those who put themselves forward to push the club forward) that maintains the toxic atmosphere.

Once we gain promotion the Rowley out campaign will I'm sure become more vocal.....Until then I do urge fans to come and enjoy the football and support the manager and the players....I have found this is possible to do whilst demanding change of leadership is made.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »

Pending an official announcement, but the Festival is pencilled in on the weekend of our last game of the season. We play Hednesford on the Saturday (28/04.)
Revised plan.
Staff v Supporters Fri Night
Alty v Hednesford Sat afternoon
Race Night and End of Season presentation Sat Night
Youth team game Sunday 11 am
Ladies game 3pm

Alty5678

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »

I'm sure lots of people saw PP's tweet and like me decided not to make a big thing of it and just see what happened....I hope PP appreciates the respect his privacy was given on this matter and perhaps be a little more discrete in future.....alls well that ends well but Phil has won nothing yet...or ever.....and winning this league with alty will not be non league's biggest achievement.....I hope he really proves his worth, commits to alty until we are consolidated conference national...then he will certainly get a more worthwhile full time career move as opposed to a cartoon move to alfreton???...and he will go with best wishes and thanks ringing in his ears.....

It is not just our position in the non league pyramid that maintains a Rowley out attitude...although the fact we have to go to some of these places week in week out has never been taken accountability for.......it is things like the way people find out about staff vs supporters, stewards being sacked, fans being blamed and accused in national media and a general disgraceful air of almost contempt for certain Alty fans (normally those who put themselves forward to push the club forward) that maintains the toxic atmosphere.

Once we gain promotion the Rowley out campaign will I'm sure become more vocal.....Until then I do urge fans to come and enjoy the football and support the manager and the players....I have found this is possible to do whilst demanding change of leadership is made.

If PP is considering his position, do you feel this 'toxic atmosphere' would enter his thinking? He has come in, got Alty 10 points clear in the league, yet there is still massive animosity between the fans and the club. His boss is being slated continually (perhaps warranted in some people's eyes) as well as the rest of the board which, in any job, would make you feel uneasy in your position.

I'm sure he's not forgotten that his head was being called for, albeit by a significant minority, after five minutes in the job. There has recently been suggestions on here that he threw a cup game and the club had a game called off on purpose. If he does read this forum, which he shouldn't but it's probably difficult to ignore, how do you think this 'toxic atmosphere' makes him feel in his job?

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »

Re. Supporter's game.

It transpires that there are plans to get something on across the course of the weekend. I believed there not to be, based on the minutes I was sent from a planning meeting. There were further discussions about getting a game sorted. I'm sure there will be more info nearer the time.

Apologies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:39:17 PM by Andrew Flynn »

AltySupporter

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2018, 03:02:26 PM »

If PP is considering his position, do you feel this 'toxic atmosphere' would enter his thinking? He has come in, got Alty 10 points clear in the league, yet there is still massive animosity between the fans and the club. His boss is being slated continually (perhaps warranted in some people's eyes) as well as the rest of the board which, in any job, would make you feel uneasy in your position.

I'm sure he's not forgotten that his head was being called for, albeit by a significant minority, after five minutes in the job. There has recently been suggestions on here that he threw a cup game and the club had a game called off on purpose. If he does read this forum, which he shouldn't but it's probably difficult to ignore, how do you think this 'toxic atmosphere' makes him feel in his job?

Excellent points also.

Its a general fact that those that have a grievance tend to be louder than those that are happy with their lot so to outsiders the Alty support base must seem a real ungrateful bunch and this will ultimately filter its way back to PP and the team. Of course everything isn't rosy but a lot of us are hugely enjoying this season, more than we've done for many many years. Those that are unhappy have every right to voice their opinions but also need to be more proactive in suggesting viable and practical solutions rather than just slagging off the board and shouting "Rowley out!". If you're not happy, do something about it - arrange campaigns, organise meetings with the club etc. - do something positive and everyone is more likely to listen and respect that. Don't drag the entire supporter base into an argument that presents us all in a unhappy light. We'll never all agree on everything but too often positive posts by fans like Steve From Sale get shot down for daring to be upbeat.

Col.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson