PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Phil Parkinson  (Read 30100 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Phil Parkinson
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »

Re. Supporter's game.

It transpires that there are plans to get something on across the course of the weekend. I believed there not to be, based on the minutes I was sent from a planning meeting. There were further discussions about getting a game sorted. I'm sure there will be more info nearer the time.

Apologies.
that's good news :)
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2018, 03:17:30 PM »

If PP is considering his position, do you feel this 'toxic atmosphere' would enter his thinking? He has come in, got Alty 10 points clear in the league, yet there is still massive animosity between the fans and the club. His boss is being slated continually (perhaps warranted in some people's eyes) as well as the rest of the board which, in any job, would make you feel uneasy in your position.

I'm sure he's not forgotten that his head was being called for, albeit by a significant minority, after five minutes in the job. There has recently been suggestions on here that he threw a cup game and the club had a game called off on purpose. If he does read this forum, which he shouldn't but it's probably difficult to ignore, how do you think this 'toxic atmosphere' makes him feel in his job?

Excellent points also.

Its a general fact that those that have a grievance tend to be louder than those that are happy with their lot so to outsiders the Alty support base must seem a real ungrateful bunch and this will ultimately filter its way back to PP and the team. Of course everything isn't rosy but a lot of us are hugely enjoying this season, more than we've done for many many years. Those that are unhappy have every right to voice their opinions but also need to be more proactive in suggesting viable and practical solutions rather than just slagging off the board and shouting "Rowley out!". If you're not happy, do something about it - arrange campaigns, organise meetings with the club etc. - do something positive and everyone is more likely to listen and respect that. Don't drag the entire supporter base into an argument that presents us all in a unhappy light. We'll never all agree on everything but too often positive posts by fans like Steve From Sale get shot down for daring to be upbeat.

Col.

https://twitter.com/RealClareB/status/843128768319422466

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2018, 03:17:46 PM »

I appreciate the update Andrew.

I have read the original meeting minutes. some fantastic ideas in there, and I find it strange that there are no mention of the supporters game. I was originally invite to the meeting but then never received the location or time, hence why we couldn't have asked earlier.

I look forward to Supporters team getting a call or email from Grahame to discuss this in more details, in which I hope we can discuss in detail why the supporters team weren't included at this meeting.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:19:41 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2018, 03:19:51 PM »

If PP is considering his position, do you feel this 'toxic atmosphere' would enter his thinking? He has come in, got Alty 10 points clear in the league, yet there is still massive animosity between the fans and the club. His boss is being slated continually (perhaps warranted in some people's eyes) as well as the rest of the board which, in any job, would make you feel uneasy in your position.

I'm sure he's not forgotten that his head was being called for, albeit by a significant minority, after five minutes in the job. There has recently been suggestions on here that he threw a cup game and the club had a game called off on purpose. If he does read this forum, which he shouldn't but it's probably difficult to ignore, how do you think this 'toxic atmosphere' makes him feel in his job?

Excellent points also.

Its a general fact that those that have a grievance tend to be louder than those that are happy with their lot so to outsiders the Alty support base must seem a real ungrateful bunch and this will ultimately filter its way back to PP and the team. Of course everything isn't rosy but a lot of us are hugely enjoying this season, more than we've done for many many years. Those that are unhappy have every right to voice their opinions but also need to be more proactive in suggesting viable and practical solutions rather than just slagging off the board and shouting "Rowley out!". If you're not happy, do something about it - arrange campaigns, organise meetings with the club etc. - do something positive and everyone is more likely to listen and respect that. Don't drag the entire supporter base into an argument that presents us all in a unhappy light. We'll never all agree on everything but too often positive posts by fans like Steve From Sale get shot down for daring to be upbeat.

Col.

https://www.docdroid.net/wacdiU0/altrincham-fc-fan-walkout-qa-1.pdf#page=5

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2018, 03:21:56 PM »

I hope Grahame can also take time to provide an update as per my email.

Not that he reads these posts.  ::)
It's all my fault.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2018, 04:08:37 PM »

Excellent points also.

Col.

Are there any Altrincham fans currently 'Happy with their lot' playing away at Coalville and Mickleover when two years ago we were at Tranmere and Wrexham???
In the previous 1.5  seasons prior to this one what have we had to be grateful about?
Parkinson is doing a great job and long may it continue and the team is terrific at this level but next season is the real genuine test if we do secure promotion.

Jezza

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2018, 04:17:38 PM »

It is what it is and we are where we are.....I'm enjoying the season and going to these places for a one off season only....it's quite good actually as we can say we are a class above this level....yes we dropped but we came straight back again.

Would absolutely hate to get stuck here for years and you only have to look at Stalybridge to see how that can be possible...Workington are an ex league club ffs!!! how must their fans who can remember football league days feel??

But yes I quite enjoyed coalville and Sutton Coldfield (just to experience the gloomiest ground in Britain and their band)

I would echo steve's cry for fans to come and cheer the team and the players back to the conference North and beyond....and I would echo the comments made that other positive steps need to be made but not until promotion is achieved...no distractions, promotion is the be all and end all...

Alty5678

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2018, 04:32:06 PM »

I have read the original meeting minutes. some fantastic ideas in there, and I find it strange that there are no mention of the supporters game. I was originally invite to the meeting but then never received the location or time, hence why we couldn't have asked earlier.

I look forward to Supporters team getting a call or email from Grahame to discuss this in more details, in which I hope we can discuss in detail why the supporters team weren't included at this meeting.

Is it really within a Chairman's role to be personally arranging a supporters v staff match? On one hand you want the person in this role to focus on serious issues and moving the club forward, on the other you appear frustrated he hasn't personally been in touch regarding this game. Surely there is a chain of command that doesn't warrant this to be the Chairman's personal job to arrange.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2018, 04:48:57 PM »

Is it really within a Chairman's role to be personally arranging a supporters v staff match? On one hand you want the person in this role to focus on serious issues and moving the club forward, on the other you appear frustrated he hasn't personally been in touch regarding this game. Surely there is a chain of command that doesn't warrant this to be the Chairman's personal job to arrange.

As the chairman decided to host a meeting at his house, for the arrangement of the beer festival, he takes ownership of the event.
If he hasn't delegated to someone there to ask the supporters for the game, he holds responsibility

The original plan; was for Judy to arrange it (this was mentioned at NLD meeting) So I'm not sure why he's hosted the night.

I'm not arsed about me getting spoken to, but he could have spoken to Tom Jacobs, Leighton Wright, Dec Cavangh or Ecky, who've all had a hand in the supporter teams at one time or another.

My issue is if there was a planned game all along, why has nobody from that meeting reached out, or the organiser.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:53:12 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2018, 06:02:37 PM »

Were a significant minority calling for his head, that’s not my recollection? One person claimed the game was called off on purpose, and one or two suggested we didn’t try to hard in the trophy. If anyone feels this is discontent I think they need to get out more.

david sneddon

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2018, 06:19:15 PM »

I'm sure lots of people saw PP's tweet and like me decided not to make a big thing of it and just see what happened....I hope PP appreciates the respect his privacy was given on this matter and perhaps be a little more discrete in future.....alls well that ends well but Phil has won nothing yet...or ever.....and winning this league with alty will not be non league's biggest achievement.....I hope he really proves his worth, commits to alty until we are consolidated conference national...then he will certainly get a more worthwhile full time career move as opposed to a cartoon move to alfreton???...and he will go with best wishes and thanks ringing in his ears.....

It is not just our position in the non league pyramid that maintains a Rowley out attitude...although the fact we have to go to some of these places week in week out has never been taken accountability for.......it is things like the way people find out about staff vs supporters, stewards being sacked, fans being blamed and accused in national media and a general disgraceful air of almost contempt for certain Alty fans (normally those who put themselves forward to push the club forward) that maintains the toxic atmosphere.

Once we gain promotion the Rowley out campaign will I'm sure become more vocal.....Until then I do urge fans to come and enjoy the football and support the manager and the players....I have found this is possible to do whilst demanding change of leadership is made.

Ludicrous suggestion. About 12 people post on this forum, as if the manager would take a few post on a fans forum to heart. Get back in the roebuck my friend.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2018, 08:03:04 PM »

If 3 people out of the 12 that post, post bollox,that's 25%!
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2018, 10:40:02 PM »

Anyway phil is doing great up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

bighairedmike

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2018, 11:55:13 PM »

I'm sure lots of people saw PP's tweet and like me decided not to make a big thing of it and just see what happened....I hope PP appreciates the respect his privacy was given on this matter and perhaps be a little more discrete in future.....alls well that ends well but Phil has won nothing yet...or ever.....and winning this league with alty will not be non league's biggest achievement.....I hope he really proves his worth, commits to alty until we are consolidated conference national...then he will certainly get a more worthwhile full time career move as opposed to a cartoon move to alfreton???...and he will go with best wishes and thanks ringing in his ears.....

It is not just our position in the non league pyramid that maintains a Rowley out attitude...although the fact we have to go to some of these places week in week out has never been taken accountability for.......it is things like the way people find out about staff vs supporters, stewards being sacked, fans being blamed and accused in national media and a general disgraceful air of almost contempt for certain Alty fans (normally those who put themselves forward to push the club forward) that maintains the toxic atmosphere.

Once we gain promotion the Rowley out campaign will I'm sure become more vocal.....Until then I do urge fans to come and enjoy the football and support the manager and the players....I have found this is possible to do whilst demanding change of leadership is made.

Ludicrous suggestion. About 12 people post on this forum, as if the manager would take a few post on a fans forum to heart. Get back in the roebuck my friend.

He does read the forum. He said so himself.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2018, 01:54:14 PM »

About 12 people post on this forum, as if the manager would take a few post on a fans forum to heart. Get back in the roebuck my friend.

I can't be arsed counting, but there's probably more than 12 posters on this thread alone.

PP is doing a great job, and I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts. At my age you hold on tight to the positives.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:57:41 PM by One Foot in the Grave »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson