PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Safety officer
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Safety officer  (Read 12116 times)

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Safety officer
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 10:01:45 PM »

Stewards are paid £10 at alty but that had nothing to do with what happened with the safety officer and assistant safety officer after today's game . One was told to stand down from job and the other one was told he was to be demoted to senior steward. The stewards then got together had a talk and the majority of them bar two have decided to quite stewarding for the club and go back to just watching the club from the terraces.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 10:57:39 PM »

It isn't The Club has aired anything for be factually correct

Do the ladies team have stewards or have you decided to post about the first team again?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 12:09:19 AM »

Without knowing the reason why it would be wrong to comment on the decision but the fallout from it sounds serious. Can we hold a game without stewards?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 09:25:32 AM »

Without knowing the reason why it would be wrong to comment on the decision but the fallout from it sounds serious. Can we hold a game without stewards?

Basically no as you have area's that need manning i:e exit gates and also if the emergency evacuation was needed who is there to know what to do.
@AltyDaz

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »

Trust Rowley to ruin a top of the league weekend with an unprofessional handling of this affair...

We do things differently at Altrincham fc ...his words...

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 06:43:23 AM »

About club statement before the game on Saturday the chairman told assistant safety officer he wanted to talk to all stewards after the game . Just before that meeting he asked to speak to the Louise and Keith Louise was not asked but told to stand down with amidiate effect at the same time Keith was told he was being demoted to steward this is two people with over 30years service between them.. I think health issues are being made as an excuse here . The club should have had the meeting before Saturdays game not after.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 08:21:10 AM »

About club statement before the game on Saturday the chairman told assistant safety officer he wanted to talk to all stewards after the game . Just before that meeting he asked to speak to the Louise and Keith Louise was not asked but told to stand down with amidiate effect at the same time Keith was told he was being demoted to steward this is two people with over 30years service between them.. I think health issues are being made as an excuse here . The club should have had the meeting before Saturdays game not after.

Health issues as an excuse for what?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »

With all due respect to those without posts, the stewards claims Grahame Rowley refused to segregate, even if they head steward and safety officer wanted to.

This may or may not be true, but this seems to happen a lot when people disagree with the status quo
It's all my fault.

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 08:52:06 AM »

At the moment the club do not want to pay the stewards as far as I am concerned what better way to do it by bringing up head stewards health and personal issues which have .nothing to do with the club.knowing if the top steward go's most of her team would follow.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »

That will only work if there is a queue of volunteers who are willing to do it for free.

Health issues come into it if it prevents people from doing their job.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 01:29:13 PM »

Anything to take the the gloss off us going top in a very long time and this lot manage to f**k it up...

Stewards / Stewarding are if I am correct are a Mandatory requirement to enable a football match in the Evo Stick league to take place.

If this club really does want to be seen as professional and successful then they have to the right team on and off the pitch.

Currently we do have the right team on the pitch, managed by the right personnel..
I'm not so sure we have the right team off the pitch....

Maybe the chairman has a master plan to use kids from the crèche to steward the games in future...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 05:00:56 PM »

When i stood down in 2011 we had stewards train in NVQ levels 2 and 3 and average about 25-30 volunteer stewards on the books it saddens me now to see
the club are down to less then 5 stewards.
@AltyDaz

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 06:17:55 PM »

When i stood down in 2011 we had stewards train in NVQ levels 2 and 3 and average about 25-30 volunteer stewards on the books it saddens me now to see
the club are down to less then 5 stewards.

Got to be a reason why? Something behind the scenes....

As a side note is the hiring of stewards from other clubs and I presume paying them a wedge causing a conflict?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 06:39:52 PM »

[/quote]

Got to be a reason why? Something behind the scenes....

As a side note is the hiring of stewards from other clubs and I presume paying them a wedge causing a conflict?
[/quote]

I don't think so never used to they haven't used any as i'm aware this season.
@AltyDaz

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 07:19:08 PM »

From the main site:

Following the game against Halesowen Town on Saturday, the Board of Altrincham Football Club decided to ask Louise Bowyer to stand down from her position as Safety Office, due to personal circumstances and health issues making it increasingly difficult for her to continue.
As a responsible employer, we felt it unfair for her to be asked to commit to what is a very important role at the club and one which demands so much of whomever fills it. The Board thanks Louise for the many years of service she has given the club in various roles over the years and hopes that in the future, once her circumstances improve, she may well be able to resume some form of voluntary role once again at The J.Davidson Stadium.

The Board would like to make it clear this action is entirely unconnected to the problems encountered in the games against Stafford Rangers and Coalville Town earlier this season. It is still intended that clarification on that particular issue will be provided shortly".
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Safety officer