News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What do you think of it so far?

Author Topic: What do you think of it so far?  (Read 4536 times)

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 16, 2017, 06:08:54 PM »

Well, you supporters of Alty FC (with a Y ha) what do you think of it so far? For me "Phil The Power" and "Sorvs" have done an amazin job.  Top of the league and playing "sexy football" as well. Some of the moves on Saturday would grace the Premiership never mind the Evo Stick. The road is long with many a winding turn but so far so good! Some years ago I remember watching Sorvs play for Crewe in the Championship., What a player! And remember watching "Parkie" play for Nantwich when they won the Vase.  Sorvs talks some sense in the interviews! Just loved that move on Saturday when Jordan Hulme did that back flick to set Josh up for his 11th! Harry Kane are you watching ha! SBL
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:29:13 AM by L'Homme du Sport »

GB Alty

Re: What do you think of it so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »

Well, you supporters of Alty FC (with a Y ha) what do you think of it so far? For me "Phil The Power" and "Sorvs" have done an amazin job.  Top of the league and playing "sexy football" as well. Some of the moves on Saturday would grace the Premiership never mind the Evo Stick. The road is long with many a winding turn but so far so good! Some years ago I remember watching Sorvs play for Crewe in the Championship., What a player! And remember watching "Parkie" play for Nantwich when they won the Vase.  Sorvs talks some sense in the interviews! Just loved that move on Saturday when Jordan Hulme did that back flick to set Josh up for his 11th! Harry Kane are you watching ha! Good look to the Y**s tomoz . SBL
Par

Home form has been good, but we look fragile away at distant places. Shildon was particularly poor for example

Football might look good, but the standard of the league is starkly poor. However the best we can do is win the league so a well done for being top now. But this season was always about promotion so as I say par

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:11:44 PM »

On the pitch just about the standard i think most of us expected due to the history and budget that we have .We have a soft underbelly that will be exposed every now and again be big physical teams ie stafford , the season can still go one way or the other so i am optimistic but not overawed.

Of the pitch and f**king shambles
FFS

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »

Given that following the first week of the season the team has earned 32 from a possible 39 points I'd say I'm more than satisfied. I think it's fair to say those first initial fixtures, including the cup games, can be put down to the squad getting used to eachother and the style of play etc., although the biggest headscratcher was Shildon coming as it did a week after a real battle at Barwell. As well as currently being first, we're the league's top scorers, have the best goal difference and most encouragingly since shipping 5 at Workington, have conceded 2 goals in the following 8 games.

Clearly in the coming weeks once we've played Stourbridge, Shaw Lane and Warrington we'll have a better idea of the team's resilience, together with the inevitable muddy pitches not suited to the passing game we've seen thus far - do we have a plan B? All that said and Shildon aside, you'd have to be a professional curmudgeon not to be impressed with the football the team is serving up and to see how they clearly enjoy playing it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:44:50 AM by JTH »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 11:15:24 AM »

Indeed, we're in pretty good shape on the pitch. Pity about the state of things off it.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:27 AM »

As said above we'll know more after Shaw Lane and Warrington away.

Off the pitch, we are still problematic. And just a reminder those off the pitch have nothing to do with what's going on the pitch, according to our Chairman.
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »

Sticking with on-the-pitch matters, I think SBL is about right with "so far so good".
However, while the signs look encouraging, the football is pleasant on the eye (at home at least), and it's hard not to get excited, the boundaries of 'success' and 'failure' are so clearly defined this season that it could perhaps be considered somewhat unnecessary to pass judgement so early.

Not being top at this stage would bother me a lot more than us being top does. But, cup disappointment at both Abbey Hey and Shildon aside, you can't do much more than actually be top of the league you are playing in (even if it is par for the course) so it would have to be marked off as a positive start for Parkinson.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:13:39 PM »

And while we are on it, I think it would be worth the original poster remembering this is an Altrincham FC forum. Casual use of the Y-word may be accepted as common language and considered non-offensive (by some) in North London football circles. However, the connotations are quite different in North Cheshire market towns (particularly those with relatively large Jewish populations), and it would be worth bearing that in mind when posting in future. It's not like the constant references to Spurs has any relevance to what's going on at Alty anyway.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 06:31:49 AM »

And while we are on it, I think it would be worth the original poster remembering this is an Altrincham FC forum. Casual use of the Y-word may be accepted as common language and considered non-offensive (by some) in North London football circles. However, the connotations are quite different in North Cheshire market towns (particularly those with relatively large Jewish populations), and it would be worth bearing that in mind when posting in future. It's not like the constant references to Spurs has any relevance to what's going on at Alty anyway.

Couldn’t agree more Matt. I’ve removed the offending comment.

SBL, that’s the second time. Adding special characters to a word doesn’t make it any less racist. I can’t ban you from the forum, but if I could I would. There’s no place for it.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 07:10:56 PM »

Hello Moderator, its not racist at all. Lets beg to differ!  A badge of pride is what it is. Simple as that! The history stems from that lot up the Severn Sisters. No more postings from me. You have my permission to delete me from the forum. You can now chill your beans ! SBL

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »

Hello Moderator, its not racist at all. Lets beg to differ!  A badge of pride is what it is. Simple as that! The history stems from that lot up the Severn Sisters. No more postings from me. You have my permission to delete me from the forum. You can now chill your beans ! SBL

It is racist tbf
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team