PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Warrington Match Thread  (Read 18707 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Warrington Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »

Things ive come to realise: -

No Miller or Miller in squad despite no mention of injury

Johnson and Hancock never swapping wings

Walsh and Harrop coming on in favour of Peers

Of the 3 games I can think of (Workington, Stalybridge and Warrington) played in horrendous conditions we've amassed 2 points.

We are definitely a footballing team but we need other options when the weather is poor. I just felt at times yesterday it was stagnant and Hancock and Johnson should have been told to swap wings. We should have considered Peers up top to replace a tiring Hulme.
Dens for Bembo-Leta to get us bobbing on. I also thought we ran out of ideas at Stalybridge.
At home with a decent pitch/weather we will beat anyone in this league. As we approach the winter section of the season we need plan b's and that would mean releases and signings.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »

Couldn't agree more. Suspect some of the players you'd get rid of aren't on contract
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »

I couldn't make it to the game, but I assume JJ played on the right, and not the left?

He's so much more effective on the left - with him being so much stronger on his right foot, he has a tendency to over-blaze his crosses from the right byline - whereas when he gets to the left one, he knows his limitations so he tends to be a bit cuter with his decision-making. And of course, obviously he can cut inside.

Do we need a Kyle Perry-type target man as a Plan B for the winter months? I'm not sure yet. It would be nice to use the loan market well, but we'll see.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2017, 01:13:39 PM »

The warrington fans were a friendly bunch had a bit of banter with them second half
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2017, 01:13:56 PM »

I think you take the point, especially with Shaw Lane, Farsley & Stourbridge all failing to win as well. To note now we have 2 home league games before that huge trip to Shaw Lane, SL don’t play a league game in the same period so we could potentially be 6 points ahead of them going into that one. Big fortnight ahead.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »

The weather spoilt what had the makings of a decent fixture..
I thought Dens would maybe come on at rb for the last 30 mins..

Sorry to have to mention the poor standard of referee yet again, but the bloke was Sh1t

Excellent turnout by The Alty faithful..

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »

Yes, definitely lacking a 'Plan-B' yesterday .........always going to be difficult to be the slick-neat-passing side that we are on a wet pitch with a howling gale.

I was surprised the changes made did not appear to be tactical, but just appeared to be replacements for tired legs, despite the tactics employed creating very little in terms of banging goals in.

Funny thing was that we completely dominated the game and last season the opposition would have scored in the 93rd minute, so maybe a point away at Warrington is a reasonable return. As said by others though, if we don't find a way of picking up more points on the road in difficult conditions, we won't be at the top of this table for much longer and certainly won't be there at the end of the season - champions win on the road more often than they draw.

Think I stood in the worlds most useless stand yesterday. Slightly restricted view and still got completely soaked.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2017, 02:36:11 PM »

And one other thing...........to the bell-ends with the smoke bombs.............won't be long before a ref reports it and the club is fined.....thus limiting our ability to bring in reinforcements
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2017, 03:16:25 PM »

Sorry to have to mention the poor standard of referee yet again, but the bloke was Sh1t

The referee yesterday, Dylan Baines, is Leighton Baines's brother.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 03:57:46 PM »

The referee yesterday, Dylan Baines, is Leighton Baines's brother.

Bob Dylan would have been a better ref than Leighton's brother  ;)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »

We sat in the small stand out of the rain and wind, that was more than half full of Alty supporters. I reckon we had at least half the crowd yesterday but were in 3 main pockets because of the awful conditions.

I felt as most, we lacked a plan B and PP was happy with a point, whereas with a bit more tactical changes we could have pushed more for 3 points. I was bemused not to see Dens on at one point in either  fb positions, also why not Peers? No Miller either on the bench.

I thought the substitution of Walsh was bizarre as not sure of his pedigree and where he came from. surely more established players should have been coming on?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »

We sat in the small stand out of the rain and wind, that was more than half full of Alty supporters. I reckon we had at least half the crowd yesterday but were in 3 main pockets because of the awful conditions.

I felt as most, we lacked a plan B and PP was happy with a point, whereas with a bit more tactical changes we could have pushed more for 3 points. I was bemused not to see Dens on at one point in either  fb positions, also why not Peers? No Miller either on the bench.

I thought the substitution of Walsh was bizarre as not sure of his pedigree and where he came from. surely more established players should have been coming on?

Not sure why he is now up North but he came through Bournemouth's youth system and has played at several Southern Non League sides such as Salisbury,Welling and Aylesbury.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »

Not sure why he is now up North but he came through Bournemouth's youth system and has played at several Southern Non League sides such as Salisbury,Welling and Aylesbury.

Last club also appears to have been New Orleans Jesters of the National Premier Soccer League (USA 4th tier). Hulme also played for them at one point
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »

Salisbury said in January that he had to leave the club as he was moving north because of his work. However, he was playing for New Orleans Jesters (strangely enough, one of Jordan Hulme's previous clubs) in the summer!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2017, 04:51:58 PM »

Salisbury said in January that he had to leave the club as he was moving north because of his work. However, he was playing for New Orleans Jesters (strangely enough, one of Jordan Hulme's previous clubs) in the summer!

We had loads of jesters posing as players last season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington Match Thread