PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lancaster Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lancaster Match Thread  (Read 11881 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Lancaster Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 05:49:43 PM »

In Malta tonight and hoping for good news via the Whatsapp.
COYR

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 06:19:25 PM »

We're not in a position to be turning anyone away this season regardless of how much they're paying to get in, a wide spread discounted / complimentary ticket campaign targeting business people and their employees, as well as schools, should have been drawn up in the summer. Bit too proactive for us that, though.
to be fair to the club they are very active in the local schools

But I agree more the merrier .. better to get another 200 in at a fiver than nothing
ParkINson's red and white army

Community

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »

Just for information really...

We push complimentary/discounted tickets in schools only for Saturday games now, as we have found with past experience, the take up on "school nights" is very minimal. Our school clubs and youth activity groups know to expect ticket offerings for Saturday home games, so they can plan around their weekends accordingly.

However, as mentioned in the past by others, these schemes have upset regular fans, who pay full price, so we have tried not to 'take advantage' of the agreement with the club by giving out ridiculous amounts of tickets. Therefore, we limit the amount we offer schools and pick certain games in the season to do a big push to see if we get any new take up trends (e.g. derby games). Last season we had the school equipment kickback scheme, which with a bit more time and preparation in the future, could be a good example of strengthening links with schools and all parties benefiting.

There are some exciting plans in place for next year to revamp the ticket scheme, potential junior membership options and new ideas of how to target certain community user groups and track the uptake better. The diversity and inclusion team are a good example of this recently, as they are currently offering tickets to a new group in the local area, people who have never been before or never knew what was available in their community.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 07:01:04 PM »

Just for information really...

We push complimentary/discounted tickets in schools only for Saturday games now, as we have found with past experience, the take up on "school nights" is very minimal. Our school clubs and youth activity groups know to expect ticket offerings for Saturday home games, so they can plan around their weekends accordingly.

However, as mentioned in the past by others, these schemes have upset regular fans, who pay full price, so we have tried not to 'take advantage' of the agreement with the club by giving out ridiculous amounts of tickets. Therefore, we limit the amount we offer schools and pick certain games in the season to do a big push to see if we get any new take up trends (e.g. derby games). Last season we had the school equipment kickback scheme, which with a bit more time and preparation in the future, could be a good example of strengthening links with schools and all parties benefiting.

There are some exciting plans in place for next year to revamp the ticket scheme, potential junior membership options and new ideas of how to target certain community user groups and track the uptake better. The diversity and inclusion team are a good example of this recently, as they are currently offering tickets to a new group in the local area, people who have never been before or never knew what was available in their community.

I take your point Pete.....but it's half term this week, so we could have pushed it last week. No school the next day should make a difference.

Community

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 07:12:57 PM »

Sorry, meant to add my name on the last one.

We didn't do tickets last week for this Tuesday due to helping the D&I team handing out competition entries for the kit design, knowing they were aiming for a lot of schools to take these on board. Schools are also sometimes funny about what they hand out and when, especially if it's too often, we've also found. If we don't work in the school, we also struggle to get tickets or any form of leaflets out. At the moment, we focus on a core group and tie in tickets schemes, with free coaching, school club offerings and competitions etc.

I totally take on board these comments though, always good to hear fan opinions. We are having a restructure of the community section at the moment, with two jobs roles being filled soon, one a completely new one, focused on sales and marketing. The work that these new employees will be carrying out, will raise more awareness of the football club and continue bringing people in via community activities/events.

Judy

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 07:44:55 PM »

Thompson; Bembo-Lita, Harrison, Jones, Densmore; Johnston, Moult (c), Richman, Hancock; Poole, Hulme.

Looks like we're a bit thin on the bench but Harrop, Miller and Peers should all be able to play a good part.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 08:07:13 PM »

Sorry, meant to add my name on the last one.

We didn't do tickets last week for this Tuesday due to helping the D&I team handing out competition entries for the kit design, knowing they were aiming for a lot of schools to take these on board. Schools are also sometimes funny about what they hand out and when, especially if it's too often, we've also found. If we don't work in the school, we also struggle to get tickets or any form of leaflets out. At the moment, we focus on a core group and tie in tickets schemes, with free coaching, school club offerings and competitions etc.

I totally take on board these comments though, always good to hear fan opinions. We are having a restructure of the community section at the moment, with two jobs roles being filled soon, one a completely new one, focused on sales and marketing. The work that these new employees will be carrying out, will raise more awareness of the football club and continue bringing people in via community activities/events.

Judy
i think the work you do in local schools is excellent i suppose like you state above its about getting your foot in the door
ParkINson's red and white army

Community

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 08:44:02 PM »

Thanks Wayno, much appreciated.

Now the CSH is at it's highest occupancy level in three years and the community work has increased dramatically in the last two years since the last restructure, we are in a good position to now expend the activities we offer and improve them, knowing what works and what doesn't. This will start to show more next year and at the end of the day, our aim is to get more people to the club and retain them as fans of this amazing club.

Just to enlighten people, we did a recent careers fair at Broomwood Primary School and I personally spoke with nearly 300 children that day and it was alarming, the amount of children that didn't know where the club was or what we offer, not even our junior section. It's schools like this, that we would love to work more closely with in the future and support as part of our community outreach work. I would always welcome suggestions and ideas from fans, people who have known the club for a lot longer than myself, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Judy

old alty fan

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 09:54:10 PM »

Warrington beaten 2-1

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 10:01:55 PM »

They started with great tempo and their number 10 was running things but we stood strong.

What a team performance second half. JJ is far more dangerous on the left. I would give Hancock a rest on Saturday as he has played every game and put Peers on the right as he looked lively when he came on.

I have been calling for Dens to play, mind due as a right back, but he was poor tonight. Gave his all but too many misplaced passes but he is on his weaker side.

Yet again stand out performances were Jones, Harrison and Richman ( he was everywhere tonight ). Also have to mention JJ and Hulme who give their all every single game.

Top team performance and great to have centre backs who give you so much confidence.

Really enjoying this season, even though we are in a tin pot league.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:10:14 PM by oneedham »

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »

Another decent scoreline at home after a pretty poor first half showing - can't fault the effort but loads of poor passing.
Again, credit to the management for getting an improved second half performance and ran out comfortable winners in the end.
Agree about Dens he was awful in the first half (obviously much better as a right back). Centre backs did well, Harrison was superb again.

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 10:18:48 PM »

Ben Harrison is absolutely mint.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 10:32:21 PM »

Really good to get home to find Alty won 4-0
There a pleasure to watch just now. See ya Saturday  ;)

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 10:49:11 PM »

Our front players have taken most of the plaudits so far this season, and quite rightly considering the manner of some of the victories - but that's now just two goals conceded in our past ten league games. Pretty fantastic defensive record.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 11:13:22 PM »

Pretty much all been said, poor first half, much improved after the half time bollocking, Densmore was dreadful, other back 3 mint, they ran out of steam, Hulme becoming a class act, Johnson better on the left and we're clear at the top.

Will enjoy the enjoy the distraction of the throphy on Saturday and hopefully the Tuesday night off
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lancaster Match Thread