PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 points clear
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3 points clear  (Read 9334 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
3 points clear
« on: October 24, 2017, 10:02:33 PM »

Amazing transformation after 2 years of hell

Long may it continue
ParkINson's red and white army

old alty fan

Re: 3 points clear
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:25:51 PM »

Long may it continue

And a superior goal difference on the chasing pack

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 06:41:08 AM »

Well done lads, keep it going and let's win this league!
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 08:27:52 AM »

Long may it continue

Not that amazing Wayne surely, just bottoming out. If we'd had 3 years of hell and been in the division below we'd be even better.. but yes at least we're on the right track on the pitch

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »

Have to agree with Ballers here - you can only beat the teams you play against and with our resources in a lower league, most of us are expecting decent results - however they are not guaranteed so the current performance has to be regarded as good. However Wayne's point is taken. I know what he means.

I would also argue it was one year of hell i.e. last season. The season before we were doing ok and had some good results against good sides - we failed to strengthen when obvious and just slipped into an avoidable relegation

We are where we are - onwards and upwards
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 09:41:47 AM »

I believe PP has done a good job, to come in at any level and be top of the league after 3 month of the season is good going. And we can play better than that as well.

Long may it continue. After nearly 2 years I am now looking forward to match days.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 09:50:25 AM »

We are where we are but its all about levels, we're currently bossing the one we are at. Full credit to Phil and his team for coming in and turning the ship around quickly, especially after the pressure following some poor early performances as we bedded into the season. In agreement with Ballers' point too, though, when you consider that the worst Altrincham side in the history of the club beat Blyth and Matlock last season. Probably an indicator of the class drop.

The Shaw Lane away game is absolutely huge.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 10:01:56 AM »

Just to add that I'm not being churlish and it's not pp fault that being top is par for what I expected, I feared it could be worse of course.

We have to get out of here and then take proper steps on mindset and infrastructure so that this can't happen again.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »

Ballers, I agree. PP should be planning for the league above and I am confident he is.

If we had kept the same squad as last season, I would guess we would be in a similar position to where Staleybridge are now.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 01:30:02 PM »

I'd say this is more of a turnaround than people are giving credit to.

I agree its expected to some extent but then again we should never have been here. We wouldn't have been over optimistic last season to expect to be in the top 8 but in the end we were a disaster. Most people, me included didnt expect the rot to stop. I thought we would be lucky to be in the top 5 by now given the rebuilding job PP had on his hands.

He's had to build this squad around players that were bereft of confidence inside a club that was and still is to some extent in complete disarray.

The fact that we're now top and PP has got us all believing that we can win this league is pretty astonishing to me.

As other have said, this is Altrincham FC and rightly or wrongly we expect to be higher and thats all thats good enough for us. Actually doing that this season was going to take a lot more than sentiment from us fans and the manner we are doing it now is impressive.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 01:35:39 PM »

I am so convinced that the squad mix is right I am struggling to see how we could recruit in the summer, higher priority must be not to lose any of the ones we have
Bernard Taylors barmy army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 01:51:42 PM »

Agree with all these comments, plus I hear that the dressing room is amazingly good, no cliques, everyone gets on great.

All brings great credit on PP and the club for turning things round too.

So enjoying footy again now  ;D

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »

Agree with all these comments, plus I hear that the dressing room is amazingly good, no cliques, everyone gets on great.

Good point about the team spirit. The reaction when Richman got his goal showed that clearly.

Parkinson is on a hiding to nothing in one respect because if he gets us promoted he will only be doing what was the minimum requirement. But being in this league is not his fault as others have said, and some of the football has been excellent.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 03:30:52 PM »

Amazing what happens when there is no cliques
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »

IF we do get out of this league, I'd love a quiet summer retaining those we already have.

The ex Salford lads seem to be well connected in non league circles and will hopefully help with recruitment if the right lad(s) becomes available - and of course PP will have plenty of ideas too.

Hard to know what to improve at the moment - perhaps as stated previously a top quality goalkeeper and a centre midfielder, possibly another centre half to partner Harrison.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 points clear