PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clitheroe Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Clitheroe Match Thread  (Read 16276 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Clitheroe Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2017, 08:31:19 PM »

There were quite a few neutrals on the half way line. I couldn't work out whether they were from Buxton. Didn't have Yorkshire accents. Anyway they've got JJ down as the one to deal with.

Did NOT HAVE Yorkshire accents..............so not from Shaw Lane ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 08:34:57 PM »

There were quite a few neutrals on the half way line. I couldn't work out whether they were from Buxton. Didn't have Yorkshire accents. Anyway they've got JJ down as the one to deal with.

Did NOT HAVE Yorkshire accents..............so not from Shaw Lane ?

Well if they were Buxton scouts, they lost 2-1 at home to Cleethorpes Town today in the FAT so they’ll have enough to worry about with their own team.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2017, 08:37:17 PM »

How did Callum Jones do?
Seen worse. He showed good positional awareness, but was beaten too often one-on-one, and his distribution left something to be desired. A work in progress.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2017, 08:48:04 PM »

i'm thinking the ref was from a higher division. different style to the reffing we've been seeing this season. and jake should have known he was a stickler after the way as captain he was called over when the ref spoke to one of the other players.
If he was from a higher division, it only shows how poor refereeing standards have become. A string of baffling decisions, failure to deal with obvious offences properly, and a clear sense of pompous self-importance.

He gave a free kick to Clitheroe in the second half which nobody around me could see the reason for. He also awarded one against Densmore for a nothing challenge, and allowed them to take it three yards forward and four yards more central. He paced out ten rather short yards for a free kick, then turned away without checking if it was adhered to. Callum Jones was lectured in the first half for an innocuous challenge which was the cause of him being booked for his first real foul.

I was particularly annoyed that he played an advantage to us after a bad challenge, but didn't go back to give a yellow when the ball was dead.

All in all he was absolute garbage. If Moult was sent off for calling him a **** he was merely telling the truth.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:49:52 PM by One Foot in the Grave »

old alty fan

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2017, 09:05:17 PM »

Don't know if this true but rumours have circulated that Crystal Palace scouts were

In the ground today watching JJ,message for them scouts sod off he is not for sale.

Ladies Supporter

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »

Ref actually from a lower level than us
Red was probably correct in law although quite soft IMHO
I think he then totally lost the game
I anticipate a less than optimal mark

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2017, 09:20:00 PM »

Don't know if this true but rumours have circulated that Crystal Palace scouts were

In the ground today watching JJ,message for them scouts sod off he is not for sale.

It'd be no surprise to hear that scouts are watching JJ as a player with his raw ability should not be in our league.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2017, 09:51:37 PM »

It'd be no surprise to hear that scouts are watching JJ as a player with his raw ability should not be in our league.

Whilst I have seen Yannick Bolasie play at Moss Lane I wouldn't get too worried...

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2017, 09:57:53 PM »

Whilst I have seen Yannick Bolasie play at Moss Lane I wouldn't get too worried...

Love JJ but he has a lot to learn. His distribution isn't great. Love watching him play and buzzing he is at Alty but miles of the Premiership league. Only one player I've ever seen at Alty who I thought could play Premiership and Championship level and that is Duncs.

andrewflynn

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »

Love JJ but he has a lot to learn. His distribution isn't great. Love watching him play and buzzing he is at Alty but miles of the Premiership league. Only one player I've ever seen at Alty who I thought could play Premiership and Championship level and that is Duncs.

Yes, nowhere near Premier League, I'm just saying it'd be no surprise if there are scouts keeping tabs on him.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2017, 10:02:25 PM »

Yes, nowhere near Premier League, I'm just saying it'd be no surprise if there are scouts keeping tabs on him.

Yeah I agree. In time I think he will be a National League or league 2 player.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2017, 10:18:27 PM »

Have to agree with this. He looks decent at our level but he'd struggle to hold down a place at a full time Conf National level side never mind the Premier League!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2017, 10:43:52 PM »

That diving bastard got Dens sent off then proceeded to foul Robbie Lawton which kept him out for quite a few games. He played for Rushden around 2007 ish
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:46:27 PM by distancetraveller »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2017, 10:28:36 AM »

Good luck to JJ should a full time club come in for him, as long as they loan him back for the remainder of this season.
Full time and proud of it

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2017, 12:55:46 PM »

I liked the way jj took the young right back under his wing, constantly talking to and encouraging him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clitheroe Match Thread