PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clitheroe Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Clitheroe Match Thread  (Read 16273 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Clitheroe Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2017, 03:19:25 PM »

Good luck to JJ should a full time club come in for him, as long as they loan him back for the remainder of this season.

I agree, but it has happened before. Crewe Alexandra signed him from Leek Town in the season when he played so well against us, and then loaned him back to Leek. In the end, it didn't quite work out at Crewe, but he is playing below his natural level.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2017, 04:04:26 PM »

I think he needs to realise he doesn't always need to do it all himself. Too often he takes on one player too many and ends up losing the ball.
It is exciting to see him on the ball though.

Jezza

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2017, 11:11:55 AM »

Excellent 2nd half ...some lovely football leading to the goals incl a great bit of skill from thommo...

I could tell from the 2nd minute we were in store for a display of the very worst everyone look at me youve all come to see me narcissistic display of incompetent refereeing for a while....he did superbly to make a quiet game into a mare.....

Jezza

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2017, 11:42:28 AM »

Can any refs confirm the correct way to stop and restart the game in the event of something being said worthy of a red...coz the guy restarted with a free kick to clitheroe where they had the ball...

Also if a fouler is booked does the foulee have to go off the pitch after receiving treatment??

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2017, 02:28:20 PM »

Can any refs confirm the correct way to stop and restart the game in the event of something being said worthy of a red...coz the guy restarted with a free kick to clitheroe where they had the ball...

Also if a fouler is booked does the foulee have to go off the pitch after receiving treatment??
It is an indirect free kick against the person who swore at the ref where the person caused the offence. It is also an indirect free kick for unsporting behaviour if a player has to stop play to caution a player for dissent.
On the 2nd question. I don't know what the exact FIFA directive on when players have to go off the pitch or not.
They really should be beating teams like us

AFC SLO

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »

I'm sure there was a change in the rules this year regarding enforced removal from the pitch after treatment. I will have a look and see if I can find it.

AFC SLO

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »

Copy and lasted for direct from he FA website...

The referee:
allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line. Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:
a goalkeeper is injured
a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
players from the same team have collided and need attention
a severe injury has occurred
a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly
ensures that any player bleeding leaves the field of play. The player may only re-enter on receiving a signal from the referee, who must be satisfied that the bleeding has stopped and there is no blood on the equipment
if the referee has authorised the doctors and /or stretcher bearers to enter the field of play, the player must leave on a stretcher or on foot. A player who does not comply, must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour
if the referee has decided to caution or send off a player who is injured and has to leave the field of play for treatment, the card must be shown before the player leaves
if play has not been stopped for another reason, or if an injury suffered by a player is not the result of an offence, play is restarted with a dropped ball

I think the section in boldness is what we are looking for. As long as the referee doesn't deem the treatment as taking too long and the offence that caused the injury is a caution or a sending off the player doesn't have to leave the pitch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clitheroe Match Thread