PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Andy Reid - RIP
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Andy Reid - RIP  (Read 13721 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Reid - RIP
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 08:49:20 PM »

forgot to mention the way he and ricky harris backed me and wes  as actual youth team players (even though we were hammered) to get into a particular away game but cant quite remember which game it was ... fond memories.
FFS

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »

Far too young . Scares me when players you watched as a kid pass

RIP and thanks for all the amazing memories
ParkINson's red and white army

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 12:03:50 AM »

A good old-fashioned no-nonsense player respected by fans and players alike. RIP

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 09:13:35 AM »

Like others I have very fond memories of Andy Reid. He was a stalwart of the Alty team around the time that I really started watching Alty home and away.

I’ll share a memory of him. We were playing Colwyn Bay away in the trophy and as the players were warming up he came over and had a quick chat. His words were ‘What a dump. Let’s just get the win and get out of here!’. Naturally we didn’t win and drew 3-3 last gasp. Haha, it was still a good day out though and if I remember correctly we won the replay and it’s possible that’s the game in which he scored the cracking goal that Hash mentioned.

Rest in peace Andy Reid, you were an important part of my love for Alty, you’ll be missed I’m sure.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 10:48:39 AM »

Absolutely the saddest of sad news. Difficult to explain really, although Hash does a bit, but he and the rest of the team were heroes and we bonded with them largely unlike modern times, a real part of our youth and happier times has passed. Rest in peace Reidy

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »

Like others I have very fond memories of Andy Reid. He was a stalwart of the Alty team around the time that I really started watching Alty home and away.

I’ll share a memory of him. We were playing Colwyn Bay away in the trophy and as the players were warming up he came over and had a quick chat. His words were ‘What a dump. Let’s just get the win and get out of here!’. Naturally we didn’t win and drew 3-3 last gasp. Haha, it was still a good day out though and if I remember correctly we won the replay and it’s possible that’s the game in which he scored the cracking goal that Hash mentioned.

Rest in peace Andy Reid, you were an important part of my love for Alty, you’ll be missed I’m sure.

Didn't Andy Reid get sent off near to the end of that FA Trophy tie at Colwyn Bay...?!

He certainly scored in the replay, which Alty won 2-0.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:54:59 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 06:20:37 PM »

He did get sent off in that game. I also recall the aforementioned incident when he came over to the fans before the game.
Come on Alty!

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »

Legendary stuff then!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 08:16:57 PM »

I never saw Andy Reid. Nice touch to wear armbands today, I thought.

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2017, 09:43:40 PM »

So many good memories of Reidy, but my favourite must be a night out in Chester with Reidy, Stuart Terry and Barry Butler. World in motion blaring out of his car on the way as he and Terry had just been selected for England and stopping to recover Barry Butlers ladder on the M56 which had loose from his car roof (Barry was a window cleaner). Reidy never forgave me for throwing up in his car on the way back. Great banter, great man, great player RIP

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »

So many good memories of Reidy, but my favourite must be a night out in Chester with Reidy, Stuart Terry and Barry Butler. World in motion blaring out of his car on the way as he and Terry had just been selected for England and stopping to recover Barry Butlers ladder on the M56 which had loose from his car roof (Barry was a window cleaner). Reidy never forgave me for throwing up in his car on the way back. Great banter, great man, great player RIP

Those are the type of stories that put a massive smile on your face! The players that we grew up with back then were different class!

GB Alty

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 10:43:33 PM »

Another fond memory is from Welling, blazing hot day last game of the season (think it was the Saturday before that infamous Cheshire Cup final with Witton on the bank holiday). Towards the end of the game ball goes out of play by the touchline where I was stood, as ever in those days well oiled with can of beer in hand. Reidy runs over to take the throwing and shouts come on lad I need some of that and then proceeds to take the can from my hand and downs most of my beer with a belch before nonchalantly taking the throwing. Class

Ashley Alty

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2017, 10:59:33 PM »

I remember that.  I was stood with my bro and Shaun Constable who was injured during the match.  We went to the pub next door after the match and our players were on the table next to us so we chatted and they couldn’t believe that Alty had fans in London!  That there fancy place  ;)

safe95

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2017, 01:21:53 AM »

Such extremely sad news. Deepest condolences to family and friends. RIP Andy Reid.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 07:23:28 PM »

What a turnout for Andy today.
The video the family showed of Andy was so moving. They showed highlights of the Spurs game.
Good to catch up with  past Alty players .

For the family, you and Andy will always be in our hearts.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Andy Reid - RIP