News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Minutes of TASC (The Altrincham Supporters Club) Meeting

Author Topic: Minutes of TASC (The Altrincham Supporters Club) Meeting  (Read 2436 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 28, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »

Minutes of TASC Meeting:
Thursday October 19th 2017

Attendees:
Colin Mitchell
Alison Corser
Paul Salt
Brian Flynn

Set Up of New Supporters Club
The prime purpose of this meeting was to progress setting up a new Supporters Group, following an expression of interest from a number of people to get involved in this process.
Unfortunately, none of these individuals attended this meeting, therefore it was not relevant to discuss this matter in any detail, other than for TASC to invite these people, via Mike Reeves, as their representative, to progress the setting up of a new Supporters Group.
ACTION: Brian Flynn to contact Mike Reeves to try to progress setting up a new Supporters Club.

Supporters Liaison Officers
Mike Reeves (Supporters Liaison Officer) was unable to attend the meeting, therefore not in a position to provide an update on his activity since his appointment.
Alison Corser (Supporters Liaison Officer) flagged that she had been advised that there had been issues at some games, most notably the Rushall Olympic home game on October 7th (Non-League Day) with very long bar queues.
ACTION:
Alison Corser to discuss with Mike Reeves & then contact Bill Waterson(AFC Board) regarding trying to improve match day bar resourcing, to prevent this happening in future.

Alison Corser also suggested that some form of ‘Matchday Fan Surgery’ is set up, whereby supporters can discuss any questions/issues/suggestions they have.
ACTION:
Alison Corser to discuss this idea with Mike Reeves & then contact Bill Waterson (AFC Board) to progress this idea.

Membership
Membership continues for TASC members who renewed in the summer of 2016 & TASC Life Members, whilst a new supporters group is hopefully set up.

Over 50’s Christmas Lunch
This event, which is currently run by TASC, will take place on either Thursday December 7th or Thursday December 14th. The date is to be confirmed with Richie Bentley (AFC Catering Manager) & the event to be publicised ASAP.

Away Travel
The ‘Away Travel’ is still currently being run by TASC, with Mark Eckersall acting as ‘Away Travel Co-ordinator’. Mark has confirmed that he is happy to continue to fulfil this role, if ‘Away Travel’ continues to be organised by the new supporters group in future.

Goal Rush
Paul Salt advised the meeting that the ‘Goal Rush’ scheme was ‘on hold’, whilst the future path of a supporters organisation was set & has subsequently advised Brian Flynn of the following by email:-
‘Given the comments, criticisms of the current TASC set up and the proposals of how the re-organised supporters organisation may unfold, I feel that it would be best in the circumstances to stand down from any further involvement.

As you are aware I have run the Goal Rush scheme for a number of years. Whilst I believe this has been a valuable source of income through TASC, I do not propose to continue my present involvement for the present season.

Should the organisers of the new supporters organisation wish to continue with this particular scheme then I am quite happy to hand over the contact details of participating members to enable the new organisation to continue and/or improve the existing arrangements.‘   

End of Season Event
Brian Flynn suggested that there should be an ‘End of Season Dinner’ to include ‘Season Awards’ to be held in the Community Sports Hall & that the new supporters group should be involved in organising this event with the club.

Social Media Update
Andrew Flynn (AFC Social Media) was unable to attend the meeting, therefore there was no update.

Any Other Business

AFC Monthly Draw
Colin Mitchell advised that he had difficulty in locating monthly draw results. These are published on the club website, however Colin suggested that they were also archived within the club website.
ACTION: Brian Flynn to ask John Laidlar(Club Webmaster) if we can archive the Monthly Draw results, so that they can be easily viewed at any time & ask Andrew Flynn(AFC Social Media) if the Monthly Draw results can be posted on all AFC social channels.

AFC Volunteer Lanyards
Colin Mitchell asked if there was any progress regarding the production of  AFC Volunteer Lanyards, which had been agreed last year & funded by Paul Daine, who was an AFC Board Director at the time.
ACTION: Brian Flynn to find out what is happening, if anything, here.
                                                                                                                            ENDS

Bath Alty

Re: Minutes of TASC (The Altrincham Supporters Club) Meeting
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 12:09:22 PM »

Brian,

As I signed up for life membership of SAFE did that transfer so that am I a TASC member too or is that a separate thing?

Cheers

David Corris

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »

Brian,

As I signed up for life membership of SAFE did that transfer so that am I a TASC member too or is that a separate thing?

Cheers

David Corris

Hi David...yes, you are a TASC (The Altrincham Supporters Club) Life Member, as all STAR(Support The Altrincham Robins) Life Memberships transferred to TASC. It's possible that your Life Membership started with SAFE(Save Altrincham Football Club's Existence) although to my recollection, SAFE did not have a Life Membership option, with membership being renewed annually (I'm not 100% certain of this).

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »

Ah yes probably STAR, I forgot that particular acronym!  Thanks for clarifying.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team