PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Richman and Moult
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Richman and Moult  (Read 10240 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Richman and Moult
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 06:11:41 PM »

Shaun Densmore has played in midfield before.

If Bembo and Short are both fit for 90 mins then that is an option,I'd still prefer one in on loan though so we're not down to the bones especially with Shaw Lane coming up.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »

Sean Densmore plays very well in midfield when required-no brainer to me. It will be difficult at this stage to get in a loan player, one who would fit into our style of play and adapt and make an immediate impact. We would just be throwing money down the drain - and we should be having faith in all of our current squad.

Classic example was Tom Peers yesterday, came in later in the 2nd half and hit two goals. How many of us saw that coming, being truthful, as he has had little game time and took the game by the scruff of the neck after his introduction.

The only cover we really need though is a left back, preferably without using right footed players - now there I do agree.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 10:01:16 AM »

Classic example was Tom Peers yesterday, came in later in the 2nd half and hit two goals. How many of us saw that coming, being truthful, as he has had little game time and took the game by the scruff of the neck after his introduction.

I think he'd scored 3 in 6 starts prior to Saturday's game, so no surprise for me. I'd play him from the start; I think we look more balanced with him and JJ on the wings.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 11:33:58 AM »

I think he'd scored 3 in 6 starts prior to Saturday's game, so no surprise for me. I'd play him from the start; I think we look more balanced with him and JJ on the wings.

It's certainly a nice problem to have - between Hulme, Poole, Peers, Hancock and JJ you can't start them all - and it's getting harder to make a case for dropping any of them.

I'd totally forgotten Dens can play in centre mid - I'd be tempted to play him and Taylor there, and possibly Jones at DM for a bit of extra cover between the three of them at the expense of a forward.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 02:39:53 PM »

Been confirmed as a 2 match ban, according to main site. Still annoying though.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 03:26:54 PM »

Been confirmed as a 2 match ban, according to main site. Still annoying though.

I understand that the lad was elbowed in the face which was nasty but he should have known better than to bad mouth the ref.
Leave that to us fans, we now have our best two midfielders out for Buxton. That may come back to haunt us next Saturday.

We need to keep this momentum going.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 02:19:48 PM »

These two are vital to us this season. Moult wins so many headers in front of the back 4 and Richman breaks up so many attacks.
This may surprise people but away from home I would consider dropping Poole and playing Hancock as the number 10. Then have Peers and JJ on the wings. We need JJ on the left, too predictable on the right.
Poole is class but drifts in and out of games as predicted. I thought we looked more dangerous with a 4 of Hancock, JJ, Peers and Hulme.
I thought Harrop did OK yesterday but once they got through us then they had too much time and room on the edge of the box.
We really miss Short.
I was impressed with Buxton but we need to step up against teams like Buxton, Warrington etc. Just feel having Hancock and Poole against bigger teams might not be the answer. For the record both are very good players.

roytonmike

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 03:22:01 PM »

If you take away the engine the car won't work. Richman is our engine. Taylor has his own virtues & did his best yesterday but is no replacement for either Richman or Moult, to be honest.
I'm appreciating what Moult contributes more & more as the season progresses. Harrop, I fear, is a squad player rather than a starter.
On a different point - I worry that the pitch is in such a poor state, the Golf Road end in particular; what will it be like if & when the weather turns properly bad? Our style of play seems to rely on good ground conditions.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 04:55:18 PM »

If you take away the engine the car won't work. Richman is our engine. Taylor has his own virtues & did his best yesterday but is no replacement for either Richman or Moult, to be honest.
I'm appreciating what Moult contributes more & more as the season progresses. Harrop, I fear, is a squad player rather than a starter.
On a different point - I worry that the pitch is in such a poor state, the Golf Road end in particular; what will it be like if & when the weather turns properly bad? Our style of play seems to rely on good ground conditions.

Stop the use of sprinklers before and during the game. (ht)

I look after a bowling green and our sprinklers are decommissioned from Oct - March

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 06:40:31 PM »

I'm no expert but it looks to me like there is a compromise to be made. You can either have good drainage by basing your pitch on sand or you can have a bog by using regular soil.

I run in Wythenshawe Park every Saturday and yesterday the amount of surface water was the worst it has been in the five years I've been doing it. Not surprised our pitch cut up but I guess it will be much worse up at Buxton in February.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 10:32:56 AM »

These two are vital to us this season. Moult wins so many headers in front of the back 4 and Richman breaks up so many attacks.
This may surprise people but away from home I would consider dropping Poole and playing Hancock as the number 10. Then have Peers and JJ on the wings. We need JJ on the left, too predictable on the right.
Poole is class but drifts in and out of games as predicted. I thought we looked more dangerous with a 4 of Hancock, JJ, Peers and Hulme.
I thought Harrop did OK yesterday but once they got through us then they had too much time and room on the edge of the box.
We really miss Short.
I was impressed with Buxton but we need to step up against teams like Buxton, Warrington etc. Just feel having Hancock and Poole against bigger teams might not be the answer. For the record both are very good players.

For me I don't think Poole can be dropped when he's 100% fit as he's light years ahead ability-wise - I don't think he gave the ball away on Saturday and he's vital in knitting our attacks together.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 12:14:45 PM »

JP is an interesting dilemma, as everyone else can see he is very talented. However it is a team game. Whilst JP was injured a few games back I believe we won quite a few games with Tom in the team and JJ on the left whilst playing some attractive football. Its one headache for sure for PP.

I would hope PP is doing whats best for the team and not the individual.

Thought Saturday TP substitution was to late and others should have been made.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 02:24:36 PM »

JP is an interesting dilemma, as everyone else can see he is very talented. However it is a team game. Whilst JP was injured a few games back I believe we won quite a few games with Tom in the team and JJ on the left whilst playing some attractive football. Its one headache for sure for PP.

I would hope PP is doing whats best for the team and not the individual.

Thought Saturday TP substitution was to late and others should have been made.
The Peers sub was very late. Poole is a very good player but we played better with Peers on the right, JJ  on the left and with Hancock as the number 10. We looked solid as Peers and JJ worked back and  Hancock steps up in the number 10 role. Huge dilemma. Away from home in bigger games I would drop Poole.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 02:51:47 PM »

What about actually playing Poole up top?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »

Playing Poole up top is as valid a suggestion as any, but it points to what is fundamentally wrong with our team at the moment really - no out and out goal scorer. I'm convinced it's the only thing holding us back. I know we've scored goals, but only sporadically - too many 0-0s or 1-1s. Stick a Hardie or a Shaw in that team and we're walking it. I'm praying that either Miller or Omotola go ballistic in their respective loan spells.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Richman and Moult