PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolutely disgraceful
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Absolutely disgraceful  (Read 13781 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely disgraceful
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 03:45:07 PM »

What fkn right do these media outlets have to dictate where and when THEY choose to dictate times and dates of fixtures.

I expect the answer will be "money".  The FA should grow some balls and f**k these bastards right off.

Its a joke and Stinks...

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 03:45:17 PM »

Any reason why the coach needs to be cancelled on Monday night? I might pop down the M1...  😀

old alty fan

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 03:51:28 PM »

I pray to GOD that we haven't agreed to any of this.

Would be good to know whether it was actually Shaw Lane or the FA who sanctioned this (I'm sure Shaw Lane wouldn't have put up much fight against it!). If it was the FA then we wouldn't hold much clout in overturning their decision. If it was Shaw Lane then I agree, hopefully we didn't 'bend over' and let this happen. There probably won't be a better time to play them on their own patch in the remainder of the season, after a ET game in midweek and a 'glamour' cup tie two days before.

We need to insist this is put back to then end of the season when the conditions should suit us more. Playing in a bog in the middle of winter won't suit our game and would be a major disadvantage against what we would have faced Monday.

The issue is some fans have paid for trains in advance and already made arrangements.
  I was under the impression that the FA have there draw venues planned in advance.
  Something stinks about this,hopefully someone from the board can issue a statement
  (But I won't hold my breath).

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 04:34:32 PM »

In fairness, whilst the board should have been able to sort the Coalville debacle out (albeit there could be outside/police influence there that they haven't told us about for whatever reason) I'm not sure they have had much or any say in this.
I can't believe they had the final say as to whether they agree as if so they would have agreed to it much earlier

SLA and Mansfield have found a loophole with regards to the replay date (which in itself raises integrity questions as to what Mansfield may have asked for in return!). Quite why it has to be called off already is a mystery because it may become a moot point by 3pm tomorrow? I'm sure the BBC bit is bollocks though as no reason the game can't go on at 7:45 as scheduled anyway.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 04:44:34 PM »

It would be good and, indeed vital, to know just who is responsible for the game being called off before the original cup tie has even been played, which is a farce.
We have had plenty such rearrangements in the National League before, don't forget, but I would hope we can press for the game to be played on a Saturday. After all, the NPL say they try to arrang attractive games for Saturdays to maximise attendances.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 05:07:55 PM »

I can see Jim Bowen walking on and going "Lets have a look of who you could have drawn" ;D ;D
@AltyDaz

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »

The FA have been contacted and asked for a response or some sort of clarification. They asked for the request to be presented in email form, which has been done. We await a reply.

GB Alty

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »

Doesn't it do us a favour considering the suspensions we have?

AltySupporter

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 05:30:54 PM »

Fuming. I'd pulled a few strings to arrange that I was working reasonably close to Monday's game. BBC Radio Five Live are having a football special tonight - might send them a few messages telling them of our displeasure...

Col

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »

What’s more bizarre is certain sections of social media are insisting the FA Cup draw is taking place at victory park Chorley on Monday

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »

Fuming. I'd pulled a few strings to arrange that I was working reasonably close to Monday's game. BBC Radio Five Live are having a football special tonight - might send them a few messages telling them of our displeasure...

Col

I look forward to Mark Chapman giving himself a good kicking.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »

What’s more bizarre is certain sections of social media are insisting the FA Cup draw is taking place at victory park Chorley on Monday

That would seem more logical as there is a game there Monday night.

There is a club statement promised for later tonight. Let's hope that club statement can clear things up.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »

Our best response to all this would be to beat Shaw lane when the game eventually goes ahead

Alty5678

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 06:05:54 PM »

I pray to GOD that we haven't agreed to any of this.

Would be good to know whether it was actually Shaw Lane or the FA who sanctioned this (I'm sure Shaw Lane wouldn't have put up much fight against it!). If it was the FA then we wouldn't hold much clout in overturning their decision. If it was Shaw Lane then I agree, hopefully we didn't 'bend over' and let this happen. There probably won't be a better time to play them on their own patch in the remainder of the season, after a ET game in midweek and a 'glamour' cup tie two days before.

We need to insist this is put back to then end of the season when the conditions should suit us more. Playing in a bog in the middle of winter won't suit our game and would be a major disadvantage against what we would have faced Monday.

The issue is some fans have paid for trains in advance and already made arrangements.
  I was under the impression that the FA have there draw venues planned in advance.
  Something stinks about this,hopefully someone from the board can issue a statement
  (But I won't hold my breath).

Very true, from the fan's perspective that is also another issue. It would be nice for the decision maker on this to reimburse/buy train tickets for rearranged fixture. Unrealistic it will happen though!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »

Our best response to all this would be to beat Shaw lane when the game eventually goes ahead

Indeed. It's treating our club, players and supporters with contempt - there's no other word for it. Use it as further motivation to stay top and remain there until the end of the season. It does of course also show they're scared of us too.....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:50:32 PM by JTH »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolutely disgraceful