PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolutely disgraceful
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Absolutely disgraceful  (Read 13873 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely disgraceful
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 07:24:35 PM »

It is indeed treating our club and fans with contempt. However, in the long run I can't see this being a bad thing for us. By the time we travel to Shaw on March 3rd I fully expect us to have beaten them at home and for there to be clear daylight between us. Also, with the match at their place being scheduled for a Saturday (is that right? I thought they played Mondays), we'll certainly outnumber them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:30:35 PM by Evostik Shame »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 07:31:58 PM »

They play their midweek home games on a Monday night instead of Tuesday.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »

Ah, I see. While it's a pain for those who have made plans, for the club I think this is best. Let's face it, we'll most likely beat them at home and surely that'll knock them out completely.

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 08:17:02 PM »

Rearranged for a Saturday in March.

Alty5678

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »

Five out of next seven leagues games at home now. If we carry on with the current home form things could be looking very healthy come Christmas.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »

Feel for the fans who had made plans but I was happy when I saw the news, worried for us at Shaw Lane without Moult. By the time of the rescheduled we'll be 12 clear.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 11:08:49 PM »

Sooner we get out of this two bob pub league the better. I’ll be surprised if the Aquaforce are still even in the Cup come Monday. I’ve never heard of such a ludicrous reason for a postponement in 30 years of watching Alty. Obviously they have cooked this one up with the League and Mansfield but I am certain we will make the new money pit village pay in the long run.

Bath Alty

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2017, 12:00:09 AM »

Absolutely essential that fans are reimbursed by the decision maker here.  It's a fan's gamble if it's at risk due to a replay etc but it wasn't, replays at this level are 10 days later so fans should have been able to plan with certainty.  I'm not one of these fans by the way.  the club could do themselves a favour by pushing really hard and publicly for this, might get a few brownies points back

roytonmike

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2017, 07:57:05 AM »

The way the re-arrangements have been made isn't exactly helpful in future cash flow terms - as I read it, as of now we have one home game between Feb 17th & Easter Monday (April 2nd) as against five away. The Stourbridge game has been fixed for the date of the Trophy 1st Round so might not quite be 'set in stone' & of course if we get through v Ramsbottom we'll have another home game to be re-arranged (v Ashton).
I find the way fixtures are set up, almost 'off the cuff' & entirely at the League's whim, the most amateurish aspect of this level. My sympathies are entirely with those who have made arrangements & paid out good money to travel on Monday - if I were being selfish I could be grateful for the prior commitment which stopped me even considering going - & I do think an approach should be made by the Club to the League for compensation on their behalf, as the statement on the club website makes clear the decision regarding this fixture was entirely down to the League. It may not bear any fruit but this action should be taken.   

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2017, 08:14:33 AM »

The club should push for compensation.

The fact it's now a Saturday means we should be looking at taking several hundred.

We do hopefully have Moult

In still cross though
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:17:50 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2017, 09:51:26 AM »

For those of a nervous disposition I'd advise not to have a strong cup of coffee before reading the club's statement which is now on the main site. Oh and if you believe anything the Evostik tell you from now on as Jake Moult would say you're a bit of a dope.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:53:36 AM by JTH »

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2017, 10:29:41 AM »

My opinion only shaw lane and Mansfield have had a talk about replay and came up with let's play it on the Tuesday after no fa cup replays on that day no European games either so let's get your game off against alty and get the BBC interested in showing it live . Again this is only my opinion and might not of happened.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »

My opinion only shaw lane and Mansfield have had a talk about replay and came up with let's play it on the Tuesday after no fa cup replays on that day no European games either so let's get your game off against alty and get the BBC interested in showing it live . Again this is only my opinion and might not of happened.

I think that's exactly what's happened Phil and no rules have been broken or bent in that regard. But since when does a Senior League call off it's fixtures on the advice of a TV broadcaster and not the FA? That the venue in question is now not to be used for the FA Cup draw after all seems to suggest it was always a red herring. If ever there was a case of 'bringing the game into disrepute' this is it.

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2017, 11:02:06 AM »

True john but nothing  will be done by anyone about what's happened.

GB Alty

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2017, 01:14:59 PM »

The way the re-arrangements have been made isn't exactly helpful in future cash flow terms - as I read it, as of now we have one home game between Feb 17th & Easter Monday (April 2nd) as against five away. The Stourbridge game has been fixed for the date of the Trophy 1st Round so might not quite be 'set in stone' & of course if we get through v Ramsbottom we'll have another home game to be re-arranged (v Ashton).
I find the way fixtures are set up, almost 'off the cuff' & entirely at the League's whim, the most amateurish aspect of this level. My sympathies are entirely with those who have made arrangements & paid out good money to travel on Monday - if I were being selfish I could be grateful for the prior commitment which stopped me even considering going - & I do think an approach should be made by the Club to the League for compensation on their behalf, as the statement on the club website makes clear the decision regarding this fixture was entirely down to the League. It may not bear any fruit but this action should be taken.   
We clearly want to play as many games at home across the winter and happy with an influx of away games in the spring when the pitches are better - sounds fair enough as its already been shown we struggle on dodgy pitchs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absolutely disgraceful