News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox Appeal

Author Topic: Mark Maddox Appeal  (Read 1840 times)

andrewflynn

Mark Maddox Appeal
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:02:37 PM »

Following discussions between Supporter Liaison Officer, Mike Reeves, and a long-time supporter regarding former Altrincham player Mark Maddox:

We would like to invite Altrincham fans to send messages of support, anecdotes and playing day memories of Mark to our newly set-up email address - markmaddox@altrinchamfootballclub.co.uk.

These stories will then be collated into a book which will be sent to Mark, to remind him of the high regard he is held at by all connected with Altrincham FC as he continues his battle with MND.

Jezza

Re: Mark Maddox Appeal
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 01:38:29 PM »

excellent idea.....I can only say that I can remember Mad-dog maturing into a fabulous centre half after being seen by kingy on a sunday league match?......then didn't he get lost and find himself in Barrow before being welcomed back to alty....

I can remember at chesterfield when we played gainsboro in some cup final that we suddenly decided we had always wanted to win... we were under the cosh, matt dickens was beaten by a looping shot or header...mad-dog's leg came from nowhere to overhead kick the certain goal to safety.....also remember his goal at Leigh when we won there in the trophy and his obvious delight on that occasion and every other occasion he managed to get on the scoresheet....who could forget his overhead goal that he instantly used as evidence for his self proclaimed legend status.....these two overhead stunners summed him up as a captain just as likely to pop up and score a stunner as he was to make a goal saving challenge....

also because of mad-dog mark lawrenson will never be welcome in Altrincham...that goal was stu Coburn's fault!!!!...mad dog clearly left the cross as he expected stu to save the header!!

andrewflynn

Re: Mark Maddox Appeal
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »

Bump.

Forum users are welcome to make a contribution via the thread here. Just leave a comment, or private message myself if you'd rather.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox Appeal