News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Josh O'Keefe

Author Topic: Josh O'Keefe  (Read 3030 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Josh O'Keefe
« on: November 06, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »

Actually looks like a proper footballer.

Who'd have thought
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Josh O'Keefe
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:35:08 PM »

wouldnt get in to our team a the moment ?Scott Leather playing at right back , Chorleys keeper on loan from Cardiff went to Welly Road school .
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:16:43 AM by Timperley The Best »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:41:24 PM »

He'd have got in on Saturday on this display.

Leather playing on the right of a back 3
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 08:41:36 PM »

Who'd have thought

Not me, he looked like Bambi on ice when he played for us

AFC SLO

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 08:43:39 PM »

Who'd have thought

Not me, he looked like Bambi on ice when he played for us

His goal on TV against Bromley away was a superb finish though. Highlight of his Altrincham career that.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:52:15 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again - like many others, O'Keefe wasn't a bad player and was simply deployed wrong at the time.

He was often played out on our troublesome right hand side - a good example of this was the Macclesfield farce when it had all started to go wrong.

I still firmly believe we'd have stayed up playing a 4-5-1 with Moult holding, him and Richman just in front, and proper wingers either side (Ginnelly and Lawrie, or Mottley-Henry who clearly had raw pace but we never got to see him. Even Crowther or Bowerman would have done at the time for the sake of the balance of the side).

The above formation was the source of our purple patch in the new year the season before - we can't live with full-time sides man-to-man, so why we didn't pack the midfield I have no idea.

Instead we tried to accommodate Lawrie in his 'best position' in a 4-4-1-1 and got steamrollered.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again - like many others, O'Keefe wasn't a bad player and was simply deployed wrong at the time.

He was often played out on our troublesome right hand side - a good example of this was the Macclesfield farce when it had all started to go wrong.

I still firmly believe we'd have stayed up playing a 4-5-1 with Moult holding, him and Richman just in front, and proper wingers either side (Ginnelly and Lawrie, or Mottley-Henry who clearly had raw pace but we never got to see him. Even Crowther or Bowerman would have done at the time for the sake of the balance of the side).

The above formation was the source of our purple patch in the new year the season before - we can't live with full-time sides man-to-man, so why we didn't pack the midfield I have no idea.

Instead we tried to accommodate Lawrie in his 'best position' in a 4-4-1-1 and got steamrollered.

Would have required an actual manager to come in once Sinnott left.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 09:55:31 AM »

Would have required an actual manager to come in once Sinnott left.

It took us a long time to replace Sinnott with an 'actual manager'  >:(
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Josh O'Keefe