PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramsbottom Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ramsbottom Match Thread  (Read 14283 times)

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Ramsbottom Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »

The answer to  your question darren is no

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »

If we've got a stadium disguised as a football ground maybe the drum could be disguised as a hat?

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 01:13:24 PM »

If they're planning on bringing a good number and are discussing their vocal backing, can we do the professional thing please and get them segregated on the away terrace. Sports Hall before and after the game by all means, but this is the FA Trophy.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 01:30:59 PM »

Isnt it now club policy to only segregate once everyone is in the ground unsegregated and it's clear there could be trouble?

I'm sure our 6 dozen stewards can handle anything our previously well qualified squad of stewards who mysteriously left en masse could.....

...well run club....

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 01:44:58 PM »

They can bring a drum, they won’t get it in the stadium though

Why not? We let pissed up idiots from other clubs in the bar to cause mayhem,a drum is nothing in comparison!

It’s written in to the ground regulations

Ah right,cheers.

Scout

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »

Looking forward to a decent game tomorrow if we (The Rams) perform to our capabilities- our away form to date (drawn three lost the rest) does not bode well. We will only bring 50/75 at max with an average age of 40 plus. There will be no need for any segregation as we are a very friendly jovial set of fans. May the best team win, looking forward to sharing a drink with you Tomorrow- if you see the drum please confiscate it.

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »

Looking forward to a decent game tomorrow if we (The Rams) perform to our capabilities- our away form to date (drawn three lost the rest) does not bode well. We will only bring 50/75 at max with an average age of 40 plus. There will be no need for any segregation as we are a very friendly jovial set of fans. May the best team win, looking forward to sharing a drink with you Tomorrow- if you see the drum please confiscate it.

Its nothing personal, Scout. I'm sure Rammy fans are a friendly bunch, as are we, but too many times in recent years we've surrendered our home advantage by allowing vocal fans access to the Golf Road End. Before and after the game you won't find a more accommodating club than us, but as far as the ninety minutes go, we need to be a bit more serious. There are similarities to Altrincham v Witton, FA Cup 2QR in 2011, here.

Glad you agree about the drum!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 02:55:35 PM »

If they're planning on bringing a good number and are discussing their vocal backing, can we do the professional thing please and get them segregated on the away terrace. Sports Hall before and after the game by all means, but this is the FA Trophy.

Only if the club had stewards to do this...........................Or did
@AltyDaz

Hulme Robin

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 05:06:56 PM »

Ramsbottom?

Somewhere near Rochdale?

They sound like one of those special under the counter VHS tapes still traded in Macclesfield.

roytonmike

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 06:10:52 PM »

Its nothing personal, Scout. I'm sure Rammy fans are a friendly bunch, as are we, but too many times in recent years we've surrendered our home advantage by allowing vocal fans access to the Golf Road End. Before and after the game you won't find a more accommodating club than us, but as far as the ninety minutes go, we need to be a bit more serious. There are similarities to Altrincham v Witton, FA Cup 2QR in 2011, here.
At risk of being shouted down from all quarters - once I've paid my money to come into the ground, as things currently are, I expect to be allowed to stand or sit wherever I wish and to move about freely if I so desire. Further, those who advocate segregation have to accept that there's a quid pro quo about this - i.e. they must expect their access to away grounds to be similarly limited. I for one am not prepared to be thus restricted. I look forward to a good game & to perhaps meeting some new people; let those who wish to have a drink before or after the game (of whom I'm not one) do so in peace, and let everyone support their own team - though I do agree that drums should be sent back wherever they came from! 

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 08:10:53 PM »

I'm quite happy to be denied access to all areas at away games, and get wet if rit should rains. Small price to pay if it means home games are segregated. 

But each to their own
Full time and proud of it

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »

I like it when away games are segregated. On the rare occasion I make it to a game these days I want to get behind my team and see them win, not make friends with strangers from Mickleover Sports or some other obscure location.
Come on Alty!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 08:16:08 PM »

At risk of being shouted down from all quarters - once I've paid my money to come into the ground, as things currently are, I expect to be allowed to stand or sit wherever I wish and to move about freely if I so desire. Further, those who advocate segregation have to accept that there's a quid pro quo about this - i.e. they must expect their access to away grounds to be similarly limited. I for one am not prepared to be thus restricted. I look forward to a good game & to perhaps meeting some new people; let those who wish to have a drink before or after the game (of whom I'm not one) do so in peace, and let everyone support their own team - though I do agree that drums should be sent back wherever they came from! 

If you want to meet more people, download tinder.
It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2017, 10:12:02 PM »

If you want to meet more people, download tinder.

What's wrong with just talking to people that you meet at a football match? Not everything has to be done online!

Alty5678

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 11:12:09 PM »

Completely agree. I went to Warrington away which wasn't segregated amd enjoyed it. The most uncomfortable part was the Alty fans being rowdy in the home team club bar at half time. Pot/kettle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramsbottom Match Thread