PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramsbottom Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ramsbottom Match Thread  (Read 14284 times)

Old Alt

Re: Ramsbottom Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 05:27:48 PM »

Routine win for the boys today, 4-1 did not flatter us, indeed it should have been more.
Well done Jordan for your hat trick, but the main worry of the day was Joel, he has been playing well in the last few weeks, but tody he had an absolute stinker, everytime he touched the ball we were worried what would happen. Also two early goals conceeded in games is concerning, especially after the post match interview last week when Tony, talked about setting off slowly in games. One we need to work on.
JJ was a different class today and the Ramsbottom team took turns in kicking him up in the air, but the referee didn't seem to spot that. I also thought that Hampson supported him well on the left particularly when we were breaking forward.
With Shaw Lane drawing, Jake back next week, another decent crowd and a return to winning at home, a good weekend. We just need to tighten up at the back before we play anyone decent.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:32:18 PM by Old Alt »

Chris.F.

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 05:55:01 PM »

A good performance today a a pretty routine win after another early goal conceded.
Joel has been excellent at full back this season, he had a shaky start but settled well playing out of position.
A bit concerned about continued negative comments about him today which continued to the end of the game , we don't want to start making scapegoats of players just because they make a few errors.
On the positive side PP has shown that he knows a player the 3 that he released who played for Ramsbottom today would not be starting in our first team.
That said Sam took his goal well.

rick

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2017, 06:49:55 PM »

What was todays game worth in £?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2017, 06:58:25 PM »

I think prize money was £3,750

Thought after first 10-15 minutes we settled and they had to back off, they couldn't press like they started. Pity we gifted them a goal, but we responded.

Hopefully get Jones or Hannigan back soon.

Lad from Stockpot impressed as did Dens

Onwards to the next round

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »

Lad from Stockpot impressed as did Dens

Had not Hulme deserved MOM for his goal contribution, then my vote would have gone to Harrop, who this week really did control the midfield for large parts of the game.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »

Terrible start (again) but after the goal and Heatcotes free kick they never really tested us.

Today, PPs decision to not hang his hat on Brownhill, Heathcote and Wright was proven right.

Bembo-Leta scares the sh*t out of me at cb.

The fact County let Hampson play today gives me hope he may stay for longer than the initial month.

Massive changed team for Tuesday please.

With Shaw Lane only drawing today an away win on Saturday would be most welcome.

Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 08:11:47 PM »

We need to stop these slow clumsy starts to games. A decent team will punish us greatly otherwise.

TT needs to cease fkn about and get rid of the ball quicker, JJ was free on numerous occasions in the first half and TT never saw him.

Bembo seems unable to cope in the middle with players coming at him from both sides and is much better utilised at rb,

Hulme was superb today and took his goals well .. he holds the ball up very well

Poole JJ and Harrison also had great games..

When Jake AND Simon play then we become a very good team and should fear no team in this league.

Good to see Sam Sheridan available again...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2017, 08:13:04 PM »

Looking forward to a decent game tomorrow if we (The Rams) perform to our capabilities- our away form to date (drawn three lost the rest) does not bode well. We will only bring 50/75 at max with an average age of 40 plus. There will be no need for any segregation as we are a very friendly jovial set of fans. May the best team win, looking forward to sharing a drink with you Tomorrow- if you see the drum please confiscate it.
Its nothing personal, Scout. I'm sure Rammy fans are a friendly bunch, as are we, but too many times in recent years we've surrendered our home advantage by allowing vocal fans access to the Golf Road End. Before and after the game you won't find a more accommodating club than us, but as far as the ninety minutes go, we need to be a bit more serious. There are similarities to Altrincham v Witton, FA Cup 2QR in 2011, here.
Glad you agree about the drum!
At risk of being shouted down from all quarters - once I've paid my money to come into the ground, as things currently are, I expect to be allowed to stand or sit wherever I wish and to move about freely if I so desire. Further, those who advocate segregation have to accept that there's a quid pro quo about this - i.e. they must expect their access to away grounds to be similarly limited. I for one am not prepared to be thus restricted. I look forward to a good game & to perhaps meeting some new people; let those who wish to have a drink before or after the game (of whom I'm not one) do so in peace, and let everyone support their own team - though I do agree that drums should be sent back wherever they came from! 

If you want to meet more people, download tinder.

What's wrong with just talking to people that you meet at a football match? Not everything has to be done online!

If youre coming to Alty games to "meet people", there's plenty of online and offline places to do it. "To let people meet away fans should never be a reason not to segregrate a game
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »

I have missed today, first game for a while,but when I saw Bembo-Leta at centre back I was worried and actually made the comment that I wondered if the first goal was his mistake.Unfortunately that is the fear I've always had with him. However he has done OK recently but I just know we would be more stable and stronger with Dens at right back and Short left.

Again we have a lot of injuries or not match fit players at the club. I am enjoying the season a lot and I am only critical because we most certainly have a good enough squad to win this league and we have players who can play football with a footballing brain, which has has been missing for a couple of seasons.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2017, 09:10:55 PM »

Agree with the above comments about the three released players playing for Ramsbottom today, seems Parky knew what he was doing after all! Sam took his goal well, but technically his ability wasn't in question when he was with us. Stand out performances from Hulme, Poole (after a quiet first half) and Max Harrop whose passing was superb. How nice is it having a team and manager that we can finally believe in and trust.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:25:37 AM by AFC56 »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2017, 09:27:09 PM »

Thought Rammy tried hard enough but lacked any real quality, especially upfront. Sam took his goal well though.
I thought the big positives today were the performances of Max Harrop and Connor Hampson, although they all played well.
Dens had an excellent game (Jerome didnt get a sniff all afternoon) and the offensive players are proving to be so consistent and penetrating if they get decent service its frightening.
TT was too cautious/slow to start off with distributing the ball and their goal was his mistake, JBL was just trying to get out of the way of his miskick.
Parky had a word with TT after about 15mins and he was much quicker after that and didnt give Rammy time and that was why we improved a lot after that.

Keep it up lads, Jake is back too for the next game.

roytonmike

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2017, 09:55:02 PM »

What was todays game worth in £?
PRIZE FUND PAYMENTS
Prelim Rd winners £3000; 1QR £3250; 2QR £4000; 3QR £5000; 1RP £6000; 2RP £7000; 3RP £8000; 4RP £10,000; SF £20,000; Runners-Up £30,000; Winners £60,000
(Source - FA website)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ramsbottom Match Thread