Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2018, 04:46:21 PM
268671 Posts in 21963 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  The last Alty player to score a hat-trick.................. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last Alty player to score a hat-trick..................  (Read 979 times)
Brian Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +265/-148

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2017, 07:08:04 AM »

............seems to have been James Walshaw in this game in February 2014:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxqbzNVoWFQ&feature=youtu.be
MarpleAlty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +21/-93

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 05:32:04 PM »

One of my favourite 'older' memories of Alty (I'm 31) was Poland's hat trick in that FA Cup replay at Lancaster.

If my memory serves me correctly, before Christmas it had been us, them and Burton in a 3-way title race. Burton had exited the cups early and concetrated on getting points on the board. They were never caught, and they aren't doing too bad these days either...
blackpoolalty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +76/-87

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 05:35:36 PM »

One of my favourite 'older' memories of Alty (I'm 31) was Poland's hat trick in that FA Cup replay at Lancaster.

If my memory serves me correctly, before Christmas it had been us, them and Burton in a 3-way title race. Burton had exited the cups early and concetrated on getting points on the board. They were never caught, and they aren't doing too bad these days either...

I was at that game as well. Whatever happened to Lee Poland. If memory serves me right Rod Thornley also scored. We then played Darlo at home?
wayno
Regular First Team

Like this post? +313/-359

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 07:15:38 PM »

............seems to have been James Walshaw in this game in February 2014:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxqbzNVoWFQ&feature=youtu.be
great hat trick

ParkINson's red and white army
MarpleAlty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +21/-93

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 08:23:04 PM »

I was at that game as well. Whatever happened to Lee Poland. If memory serves me right Rod Thornley also scored. We then played Darlo at home?

Yep - Alty's goal that day came from the great man himself, Mark Maddox.
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +39/-218

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 07:49:03 AM »

Lee Poland is successfully coaching kids of primary school age at Mossley Hill Athletic Club in Liverpool - see their website.
Pages: [1]
« previous next »
    Jump to: