PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane lose manager to Boston
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shaw Lane lose manager to Boston  (Read 8827 times)

andrewflynn

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw Lane lose manager to Boston
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »

Any instability at our main rivals can only be welcomed. ;D

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »

;D
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 04:36:57 PM »

I'd take a punt on Matt Doughty or Neil Young if I was their chairman...

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 05:22:41 PM »

I'd take a punt on Matt Doughty or Neil Young if I was their chairman...

:D

Round those parts they could do worse than to appoint Sinnott tbh

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 09:51:31 PM »

You’d assume he’ll look to take a few Shaw Lane players with him too, as normally happens in these situations. Whoever replaces him will have very big shoes to fill, this fella took them from nothing to where they are today. I’d take this as a very big blow to one of our main title rivals, excellent.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 10:53:55 PM »

I’m not so sure, he’s had pretty unlimited funds far beyond anything else in any of the leagues he’s taken them through. Boston will be a different kettle of fish. The bookies seem to have taken note of his departure with shaw lanes odds drifting this evening

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 08:40:23 AM »

Just goes to show how quickly momentum can potentially change.

Let's hope we don't see anything to tempt our own manager away any time soon.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »

The new Shaw Lane manager is Paul Quinn, who was previously the Brighouse Town manager before leaving in the summer (I think). They  have had a similar rapid rise through the leagues to Shaw Lane, although not quite as meteoric.

He is the son of Gerry Quinn, who of course managed us 25 years ago; apologies if that makes anyone feel old.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 09:15:35 PM »

The new Shaw Lane manager is Paul Quinn, who was previously the Brighouse Town manager before leaving in the summer (I think). They  have had a similar rapid rise through the leagues to Shaw Lane, although not quite as meteoric. He is the son of Gerry Quinn, who of course managed us 25 years ago; apologies if that makes anyone feel old.

Let's hope he's as good at his new job as his dad was for us!  ;)

PS: Don't need that to make me feel old - the 10 grandchildren (and an 11th due in February) do a good job of that!!!!  :D ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 11:22:11 PM »

The new Shaw Lane manager is Paul Quinn, who was previously the Brighouse Town manager before leaving in the summer (I think). They  have had a similar rapid rise through the leagues to Shaw Lane, although not quite as meteoric.

He is the son of Gerry Quinn, who of course managed us 25 years ago; apologies if that makes anyone feel old.

Should they be underwhelmed with this appointment ? ......or is it just me
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 11:43:42 PM »

It's a slightly odd one, but may be inspired. He is still in his early thirties, but, in his six seasons at Brighouse, they never went backwards, finishing 4th, 2nd and 1st in the Northern Counties East League Premier, and then 15th, 15th and 9th in the NPL Div 1 North.

On the other hand, he has never managed at this level, and, also, got sent off from the dugout on the one occasion I have been to Brighouse so there may be a doubt as to his temperament.

It is a bit as if we had taken a chance and appointed Phil Parkinson in 2016, not that I am aware of him applying then. Even though he had never managed in the National League North, I think we would probably have ended up with a better season

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 12:56:59 AM »

Thanks for the data .....some logic in the appointment then

We could have appointed Cecil Parkinson as manager last season and probably been no worse off come April 2017  ::)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 08:48:34 AM »

10 in the conference and brought in the likes of Carmody,Harris and France

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 01:57:15 PM »

The new Shaw Lane manager is Paul Quinn, who was previously the Brighouse Town manager before leaving in the summer (I think). They  have had a similar rapid rise through the leagues to Shaw Lane, although not quite as meteoric. He is the son of Gerry Quinn, who of course managed us 25 years ago; apologies if that makes anyone feel old.

Let's hope he's as good at his new job as his dad was for us!  ;)

PS: Don't need that to make me feel old - the 10 grandchildren (and an 11th due in February) do a good job of that!!!!  :D ::)

Gerry Quinn did an excellent job for us. He assembled a good team with one of the smallest budgets in the Conference. We had a great FA Cup run to the 2nd Round & finished 10th in the league, with a particularly strong finish.

Gerry was very unfortunate to lose his job at the end of October the following season. His last home game was a victory over Slough, who were top of the table at the time. Cue John Maunders returning to the board & the manager is out within a fortnight. ::)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane lose manager to Boston