News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Motley-Henry

Author Topic: Motley-Henry  (Read 3252 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Motley-Henry
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:01:33 PM »

Currently playing for Tranmere. I assume it's the same one who Young got in (from Bradford?) and who hardly featured?
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

Re: Motley-Henry
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »

Was a Harvey signing him, wasn't he? All a blur.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »

It might well have been. I was playing the percentages!

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 08:26:44 PM »

Actually folks he was from the season before, was a Sinnot signing

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 08:38:27 PM »

Bloody hell. Time does fly when you're spirilling down

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 10:53:12 PM »

I started a thread on this recently.

I remember him coming on late at Welling (dreadful game) and I was at a loss to explain why his pace wasn't being used to stretch games.

Instead we preferred to play a 4-4-1-1 with Ginnelly on the left and someone out of position (either O'Keefe or Richman) on the right - all so we could accommodate Lawrie in his 'best position' behind the striker. We got steamrollered wvery week.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 11:35:20 PM »

I remember him coming on late at Welling (dreadful game) and I was at a loss to explain why his pace wasn't being used to stretch games.

Instead we preferred to play a 4-4-1-1 with Ginnelly on the left and someone out of position (either O'Keefe or Richman) on the right - all so we could accommodate Lawrie in his 'best position' behind the striker. We got steamrollered wvery week.

I don't know if Hednesford have worked out Lawrie's best position yet....it can't be very effective to judge from their Trophy exit tonight at Cleethorpes.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 12:00:15 AM »

I don't know if Hednesford have worked out Lawrie's best position yet....it can't be very effective to judge from their Trophy exit tonight at Cleethorpes.

Lawrie did start tonight, when Hednesford apparently had an injury crisis, but he has been on the subs' bench for the last few matches. That doesn't rule out your point, though, quite the contrary.

As for Dylan Mottley-Henry, I think it is as simple as that he is a couple of years older now than when he played for us, and the rest of his game has improved to match his undoubted pace. He is having a superb loan spell at Tranmere.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »

Lawrie did start tonight, when Hednesford apparently had an injury crisis, but he has been on the subs' bench for the last few matches. That doesn't rule out your point, though, quite the contrary.

As for Dylan Mottley-Henry, I think it is as simple as that he is a couple of years older now than when he played for us, and the rest of his game has improved to match his undoubted pace. He is having a superb loan spell at Tranmere.

I'm not denying he's a better player now - but I remember feeling relieved when he came in on loan because he'd give the team the much-needed balance we'd been missing.

I wouldn't have even minded playing Lawrie (Christ, even Bowerman) on the right wing if it meant we packed the midfield and played 4-5-1. That's how we'd grabbed all our points the previous season and I'm still baffled as to why Sinnott wouldn't use it.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 09:21:02 AM »

Oh dear.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Motley-Henry