PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AGM this evening...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: AGM this evening...  (Read 22701 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
AGM this evening...
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:33:41 PM »

Any updates or revelations ?
It's all my fault.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: AGM this evening...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:26:14 PM »

The AGM was done in 13 minutes.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:49:05 AM »

Why the low turnout and short duration?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:55:48 AM »

The AGM was done in 13 minutes.

That's an utter shambles
It's all my fault.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 08:30:08 AM »

Only 16 shareholders turned up so was relatively straight forward affair. Summary, and a few of my own thoughts, below. Apologies for inaccuracies/misunderstandings - I’m suffering with a cold and was preoccupied by trying to contain my coughing fits at the back of the room through most of it.

Appointments
Derek Wilshaw re-elected as a director, by a majority vote from those present, for another three years.
Bill Waterson was voted onto the board unanimously, for three years. This was the first AGM since Bill joined the board, and so had to be approved officially.

Accounts
Club made a £25k loss last season. Normally I would much prefer we got relegated making a loss than went down while turning in a profit, so I don’t want to sound too critical. But (and it’s a big but...) in the case of last season, I dread to think what/who it was spent on? We were relegated by Xmas!
To make a £25k loss over the season, while averaging in excess of 1,100 home crowds and winning a few cup games, to assemble the worst squad we have ever put together scares the living daylights out of me for a number of reasons.
But, as I said, I get annoyed enough when we’ve been relegated while celebrating a £6k profit, so I can’t moan too much if we really did throw the kitchen sink at it financially and still went down.

Football Club sale
Grahame Rowley revealed that he has had meetings with three interested parties since the EGM, two of which have not been heard from since.
I personally think that’s a relatively decent level of interest given that the publicity around the available shares has been zero since June, and we have The Sport Business (anyone remember them...?) filtering the interested parties in the first instance.
One of these parties, the same one the board announced they had signed the NDA with, has submitted a bid for the football club.
However, this was not accompanied with the level of detail required by the board, and the club are now waiting for this to be returned. Understandably they weren’t able to go into further detail.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »

Don't get me wrong Matt, but a point of clarification .

Football Club For Sale.
This was Q&A  question after the AGM.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 09:04:50 AM »

I thought we were going to get regular updates on the sale of the shares? This cant just quietly be dropped because we are winning a few football matches. All supporters want the team to do well, and want them and the management team to be successful, even those that only choose to watch us away from home and those that cannot bring themselves to attend at present.The two must not be confused, that’s unfair on the manager and the team, and on those supporters.  But as a football club we must as a priority embrace advancement. With Trafford council jumping in to bed with Salford City FC now is the time to push the club on. We keep being told that the rowley family have to do everything at the club. For which I’m sure everyone is greatful, but with more people involved in the club they might not have to.

What more detail is needed from this interested party? Who is in discussion with them? Whilst I appreciate the NDA, are we confident this will Come to fruition? Will the party involved feel too many hurdles are being put infront of them and look elsewhere leaving us to rue so an opportunity much like Welling United with the now owners of Ebbsfleet United from Kuwait?

We’ve long been an incestuous institution, terrified of new people, but let’s not f**k around. If we do not embrace change and advancement we will sink to be a non entity very quickly

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:08:08 AM by Trent Sainsbury »

Matt Taylor

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 09:16:18 AM »

Football Club For Sale.

Yes, sorry my mistake. This was dealt with after the AGM had officially closed as the AGM only covers club business up to May 2017.

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »

Football Club For Sale.

Yes, sorry my mistake. This was dealt with after the AGM had officially closed as the AGM only covers club business up to May 2017.

Matt was Rowley voted in for another 3 years?

Incidentally did you feel Rowley is serious about selling the club?

Can anyone tell me how we have allowed someone with 4% shares in the club to have so much power? To be the king maker? It's a scandal and a scandal we all allowed it to happen

Matt Taylor

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 11:07:48 AM »

Football Club For Sale.

Matt was Rowley voted in for another 3 years?

Incidentally did you feel Rowley is serious about selling the club?

Can anyone tell me how we have allowed someone with 4% shares in the club to have so much power? To be the king maker? It's a scandal and a scandal we all allowed it to happen

Grahame Rowley was re-elected to the board at the 2016 AGM and not up for election last night.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »

We're back to that confusion between ownership and control.

Shareholders own the club.

The board of directors control and manage the club.

The shareholders elect the board of directors.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 06:23:07 PM »

GB Alty

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 07:04:25 PM »

no confusion I never mentioned ownership, I said power which is control - I guess that was my point about 4% and power

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »

no confusion I never mentioned ownership, I said power which is control - I guess that was my point about 4% and power

You did - thats what 4% means - you own 4% of Altrincham Football Club.

My point is you could have no shares at all and still be a director with control.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:09:06 AM by beaker141 »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »

You did - thats what 4% means - you own 4% of Altrincham Football Club.

My point is you could have no shares at all and still be a director with control.

Our shareholders and directors have allowed some with 4% to have far more power and control than they really should given how much he own.
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AGM this evening...