PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AGM this evening...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: AGM this evening...  (Read 22743 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: AGM this evening...
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2017, 08:06:39 AM »

Companies House shows 2 people have been added to the board in the 7 years that GR has been chairman. Is it any wonder things have gone stale?

Agree with all the stuff about insularity and the fear of change, outsiders and the new. In fairness, this mindset has been around long before we had the current chairman. 

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2017, 08:53:58 AM »

Companies House shows 2 people have been added to the board in the 7 years that GR has been chairman. Is it any wonder things have gone stale?

Agree with all the stuff about insularity and the fear of change, outsiders and the new. In fairness, this mindset has been around long before we had the current chairman. 

Quite right bob, not for a minute insinuating the inward looking nature of the football club is a new phenomena.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2017, 11:48:09 AM »

Quite right bob, not for a minute insinuating the inward looking nature of the football club is a new phenomena.

Agreed Pete, but we got away with it for some years. It has undoubtedly become a more serious problem ever since Sinnot quit and "headless chicken syndrome" kicked in. Sadly, I've become resigned to never seeing many of the hopes I've held for over 60 years come to fruition.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »

I find it really sad that because Rowley refuses to step down people like Derek get dragged in for a bit of criticism.....

really does keep a toxic air around the club yet Rowley is quoted on the main site as saying "the atmosphere was now positive. Grahame thanked the attendees and spectators for their patience during last season's troubled times. "

Grahame Rowley takes the majority of the stick for our situation and rightly so, however the rest of the board can not be held blameless.

It is because of the insular way in which this club has been ran, that our board has lacked any strength, relying solely on the same people.

The club is scared of anything new. New ideas, new skills and new people.

Somebody said it is "now about skills". It has always been about skills. The Chairman has no skills whatsoever when it comes to dealing with other people,or with running a football club well.

My question sill stands, what is the purpose of appointing Derek to the board for another three years? What skill set do all of the board members bring? I think it is blatantly obvious what Mr Waterson brings (and Hashtag Alty has an interesting stat about things that have gone from "ideas" to "production" over the past few months) but it is not so easily seen across the rest of the board. That is the concern, and it is GR that should be held responsible for that, as he has allowed it to happen by not being proactive.

And that stat is that of THIRTEEN ideas properly discussed (ie. feasible with the resources, budget and time we have and clear action plan set out) with Mr Waterson (and Rob) SEVEN have been successfully implemented or will be successfully implemented. One was vetoed by a certain board member, 3 done by other clubs, and two are in the pipleline

Actioned/Being actioned since July.

• Launching a Spotify alongside a musical partner
  • WhatsApp
  • Football Manager Manager

• Our own Fantasy Football game
  • Downloadable Calandar
  • Webesite update
  • Crowdfunding

Ideas not done

• Metrolink Fixture list - Metrolink wouldnt do it unfortunately

An additional 3 ideas were implemented by other clubs/businesses, and one was voet'd by the club, two are in the pipeline.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:27:28 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2017, 01:30:15 PM »

I find it really sad that because Rowley refuses to step down people like Derek get dragged in for a bit of criticism.....

really does keep a toxic air around the club yet Rowley is quoted on the main site as saying "the atmosphere was now positive. Grahame thanked the attendees and spectators for their patience during last season's troubled times. "

Grahame Rowley takes the majority of the stick for our situation and rightly so, however the rest of the board can not be held blameless.

It is because of the insular way in which this club has been ran, that our board has lacked any strength, relying solely on the same people.

Somebody said it is "now about skills". It has always been about skills. The Chairman has no skills whatsoever when it comes to dealing with other people,or with running a football club well.

My question sill stands, what is the purpose of appointing Derek to the board for another three years? What skill set do all of the board members bring? I think it is blatantly obvious what Mr Waterson brings (and Hashtag Alty has an interesting stat about things that have gone from "ideas" to "production" over the past few months) but it is not so easily seen across the rest of the board. That is the concern, and it is GR that should be held responsible for that, as he has allowed it to happen by not being proactive.

And that stat is that of THIRTEEN ideas properly discussed (ie. feasible with the resources, budget and time we have and clear action plan set out) with Mr Waterson (and Rob) SEVEN have been successfully implemented or will be successfully implemented. One was vetoed by a certain board member, 3 done by other clubs, and two are in the pipleline

• WhatsApp

• Downloadable Calandar
  • Webesite update
  • Crowdfunding

Ideas not done

An additional 3 ideas were implemented by other clubs/businesses, and one was voet'd by the club, two are in the pipeline.

Very impressive.

I think for some other board members the fact you dedicate your time as a volunteer and being a huge fan seems to be enough.

Whilst it should be rewarded I do think what we really need is someone who is a bit more disruptive and willing to look at a new vision for the club. There's very little that distinguishes us from any other non-league club in the north west and given the local competition we need to do better.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2017, 01:39:16 PM »

• WhatsApp

• Downloadable Calandar
  • Webesite update
  • Crowdfunding

Ideas not done

Very impressive.

I think for some other board members the fact you dedicate your time as a volunteer and being a huge fan seems to be enough.

Whilst it should be rewarded I do think what we really need is someone who is a bit more disruptive and willing to look at a new vision for the club. There's very little that distinguishes us from any other non-league club in the north west and given the local competition we need to do better.

I could not agree more.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2017, 05:44:13 PM »

It really does depend where the interest is coming from though.

For example, sale sharks are looking for a new home. If they have been making enquiries how do you fancy playing second fiddle to a rugby club. I don't think it will be them because they are looking to own their own ground .

At the risk of distraction on an important thread, and presuming it wasn't a theoretical example, I can assure you 100% that Sale aren't looking to move from the AJ Bell. You can have Internet conjecture if you like but from the horses mouth they ain't looking to move.

It wasn't a theoretical example. Simon Orange told the fan's forum face to face on Monday night that they'd looked at five places to move to. Man City was the only one they had discounted. No indication was given as to what the others are. It's definitely the case that they want to own rather than rent a facility. The A.J.Bell is a total nightmare to get to but they are stuck with it for the time being.

Realistically Moss Lane is too small for their development needs. It could have worked at Edgeley Park but the previous owner seriously upset the County fans.

Atticus

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2017, 08:48:25 PM »

In that case will you sell your shares to me?

Possibly, but I’ll be deciding on the fate of my shares when I see how fragmented the currently “available” 51% stake becomes.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks. I’ll take that as a possibly, then. I would think the 51% will go to one purchaser. Hope so anyhow. Any more fragmentation will just make it more unwieldy and unmanageable. Please think of me when/if you decide to sell, my request is genuine.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2017, 09:37:31 PM »

Ok, thanks. I’ll take that as a possibly, then. I would think the 51% will go to one purchaser. Hope so anyhow. Any more fragmentation will just make it more unwieldy and unmanageable. Please think of me when/if you decide to sell, my request is genuine.

Atticus - I believe there are still shares available to purchase outside of the 51% from the club if you'd like to purchase.

AFC SLO

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2017, 10:33:37 PM »

Atticus - I believe there are still shares available to purchase outside of the 51% from the club if you'd like to purchase.

This is indeed correct, and I believe money will go straight to the football club as opposed to a private entity, therefore benefitting the team, as Bill waterson wrote in his programme notes that money's in will be reinvested into the planned overspend on playing budget.

Atticus

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2017, 11:37:01 AM »

Thank you, beaker and AFC. I will endeavour to contact the company secretary, in that case.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2017, 02:16:03 PM »

Thank you, beaker and AFC. I will endeavour to contact the company secretary, in that case.

If this is true, we should have been making to most of Black Friday to shift them as christmas presents.

Or be pushing them going forward as excellent xmas presents.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AGM this evening...