News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crunch time

Author Topic: Crunch time  (Read 2858 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Crunch time
« on: March 28, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »

Saturday's trip to Rushall begins a period of 5 games in 10 days, 4 of them on the road. Warrington have still to visit Grantham, and I believe 94 points will be enough for us to seal the championship.

My major concern is with injuries, but we should still do this comfortably enough. Win at Rushall, and at home to Marine, and 11 points from the remaining 7 games should be enough.

We still have to go and be kicked black and blue by the Dingles, but on what we saw last night they're a spent force - hopefully they'll kick Warrington too ! Another bunch of cloggers are still to come to us, Barwell Town  (2 penalties conceded and 2 sent off in a 2-1 home defeat by Stafford last night).

Our fringe players will have a big part to play. Tom Peers has already proved his worth, Max Harrop has a crucial role if James Poole is going to be missing. I thought Chris Merrie looked half decent last night, certainly in terms of his attitude, while Theo Bailey-Jones may be able to step up effectively.

It's entirely in our own hands now, let's get behind the lads and get it won.

Jezza

Re: Crunch time
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »

Absolutly great bunch of lads you could see last night how much it means to them...today on twitter they are arguing over who gets credited with the goals!!!

Come on lads, real connection between fans players and management, we have the momentum, I reckon 5 wins could be enough but lets get to 100 points which will almost definetly be enough!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »

Avoiding any more serious injuries in the next 4 winnable games is an absolute must. If (and it's a big if) we win all 4, it'll be enough. An injury to Hannigan or Hulme leaves us vulnerable. Almost there now. Come on you Robins.

old alty fan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 11:21:01 AM »

What a huge loss Ben Harrison will be in the run in,for me Mr consistent

I have got Ben in my top three for Player of the season really hope the rumours

Are not true if so a very nasty injury which if surgery is required could keep him out until Christmas.

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »

Absolutly great bunch of lads you could see last night how much it means to them...today on twitter they are arguing over who gets credited with the goals!!!

Come on lads, real connection between fans players and management, we have the momentum, I reckon 5 wins could be enough but lets get to 100 points which will almost definetly be enough!

Absolutely. Let's hope we all remember this connection, enthusiasm and passion next time we have a little blip.

Alty5678

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »

Given Warrington can only get to 98 points, with a 100% record, 100 points will certainly be enough.

Based on the current situation, I think 90 points will be enough (Warrington have been getting, on average, two points a game over the last few months). I'm sure the aim is 104 though.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »

Given Warrington can only get to 98 points, with a 100% record, 100 points will certainly be enough.

Based on the current situation, I think 90 points will be enough (Warrington have been getting, on average, two points a game over the last few months). I'm sure the aim is 104 though.

I'm allowing for a points deduction....cant be too careful.... ;D

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 04:19:05 PM »

Absolutely. Let's hope we all remember this connection, enthusiasm and passion next time we have a little blip.

Well said that man.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crunch time