PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the Board
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Meet the Board  (Read 19636 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Meet the Board
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2018, 12:58:35 AM »

Overall there were plenty of positives. The Parkinson and Sorvel contracts were a nice touch and set the tone for a positive evening where our board members had the opportunity to speak, plus for the first time we heard from Rob Esteva and Lawrence Looney got to speak out and were very impressive.

Unbelievably poor turn out. It seems people are more than happy to post on the forum but when it comes to a public, free to attend event it’s a no show.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2018, 01:20:21 AM »

Overall there were plenty of positives. The Parkinson and Sorvel contracts were a nice touch and set the tone for a positive evening where our board members had the opportunity to speak, plus for the first time we heard from Rob Esteva and Lawrence Looney got to speak out and were very impressive.

Unbelievably poor turn out. It seems people are more than happy to post on the forum but when it comes to a public, free to attend event it’s a no show.

No surprise if it was a low turnout - in my view I do not think it was a good choice of evenings to hold this.

Many people have broke up from work (to coin a phrase) and have family plans for the weekend - not a night to attend an event at a football club for many.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »

No surprise if it was a low turnout - in my view I do not think it was a good choice of evenings to hold this.

Many people have broke up from work (to coin a phrase) and have family plans for the weekend - not a night to attend an event at a football club for many.

Indeed, I think a combination of this and the fact that others work/live too far away to get there for a Thursday night. There will also be a percentage who stayed away because they feel it was nothing more than a cosmetic exercise, when what they want is a change at the top.

The news of the new contract for Phil & Neil was excellent as was the fact that we could watch proceedings from afar.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2018, 11:36:51 AM »

I would have attended, but I had training duties with my Alty ladies team. Caught some of it on Facebook. Thanks for that. What was the attendance out of interest?

Pleased Phil and Neil have agreed to stay on.

Think around 35 others were live on Facebook same time as myself which is not bad at all.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2018, 12:58:15 PM »

I saw up to 60 on the feed at peak 

As for in the room it looked about 25 to 30 but hard to tell
ParkINson's red and white army

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2018, 01:13:53 PM »

Smoke....mirrors....aroma of whitewash laid on thick enough to mask smell of bullsh*t......

I seem to be eating a lot of humble pie recently. I was a little worried at the opening contract signing, a clear attempt to get the audience onside, but as the evening progressed I could see a lot of progress being made.

I have been more or less won over, and will revert to a season ticket next term to help Mike Adams's Curve. I also intend to do a stint on the bar at the Beer Festival, and will contribute to the purchase of pitch covers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Meet the Board