PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mickleover- Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mickleover- Match Thread  (Read 8496 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Mickleover- Match Thread
« on: November 29, 2017, 03:57:51 PM »

Mickleover 9/5
Draw 3/1
Alty 6/5

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mickleover- Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 06:35:19 PM »

Back to normal assuming no other injuries or recovery.

Thompson

Densmore. Harrison Hanigann Hampson

Moult. Harrop

Johnson Hancock. Peers

Hulme

Mickleover 0-2 Alty (Hancock Hulme)
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »

Is Poole definitely injured then?

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:41:27 AM »

It was described as a slight thigh twinge, in Brian's interview with PP after the game at Alfreton - probably a late decision.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 09:55:18 AM »

I wouldn't be risking him with Shaw Lane and Warrington being the next 2 fixtures
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 10:00:49 AM »

I wouldn't be risking him with Shaw Lane and Warrington being the next 2 fixtures

Agreed - PP will ultimately know best.

Your team above - but JJ HAS to be on the left.

Going forward - given Hancock's effectiveness at No10 - it would be good to see him and Poole alternating a bit more (as oneedham has suggested). I do really like Poole though, he ties everything together and I suggest that whereas Hancock is more effective in front of goal, Poole gets the ball out to JJ quickly and more often. Good mix to have.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »

Back to normal assuming no other injuries or recovery.

Thompson

Densmore. Harrison Hanigann Hampson

Moult. Harrop

Johnson Hancock. Peers

Hulme

Mickleover 0-2 Alty (Hancock Hulme)

Agreed but with JJ left and Jones in if fit.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 07:40:57 PM »

Let's be honest, when the league fixtures were released back in July, this game was the first one that we eagerly scanned the list for....  
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:42:42 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »

Let's be honest, when the league fixtures were released back in July, this game was the first one that we eagerly scanned the list for....  

Haha, the excitement palpable amongst London Alty Cult. I’m looking forward to a good day on the ales round one of the more underrated UK circuits. I’m especially looking forward to bumping into any Burton fans (away at Derby in their dream local derby on Saturday) and them asking us what league we play in these days, oh dear. The Don Amott Arena looks quite the venue too, appears to only have 3 sides. It’s games like this we just have to keep on grinding out and hoping next season it’s back to normal away days at Stockport, York etc. The first XI have had a week off and did the business up the road against far tougher opppsotin last Saturday so sure it’ll be another 3 points on Saturday. Shaw Lane vs Warrington on Saturday too so all the more important we get the win.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 09:06:45 PM »

I resisted the temptation to stay overnight in Derby. It's one of the best places in England for real ale aficionados.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 09:50:25 PM »

I resisted the temptation to stay overnight in Derby. It's one of the best places in England for real ale aficionados.

you wouldnt make it for the match if you did .... im not jealous at all
FFS

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 11:59:28 PM »

Haha, the excitement palpable amongst London Alty Cult. I’m looking forward to a good day on the ales round one of the more underrated UK circuits. I’m especially looking forward to bumping into any Burton fans (away at Derby in their dream local derby on Saturday) and them asking us what league we play in these days, oh dear. The Don Amott Arena looks quite the venue too, appears to only have 3 sides. It’s games like this we just have to keep on grinding out and hoping next season it’s back to normal away days at Stockport, York etc. The first XI have had a week off and did the business up the road against far tougher opppsotin last Saturday so sure it’ll be another 3 points on Saturday. Shaw Lane vs Warrington on Saturday too so all the more important we get the win.

Having been to the Don Amott Arena before, I can confirm it does have an open side, shared with the cricket ground, and also that there are some very good pubs in Derby, although the ones near the station and therefore Pride Park may be packed out. Mickleover have come a long way in the last future years, but have lost more than they have won at home, so we should reasonably hope to win, without being arrogant about it.

Don Amott, who is the club chairman (and gives his name to the ground, which I hope gives nobody else any ideas),  is the "king of caravans" and has been responsible for some top quality TV adverts back in the day.

https://youtu.be/MNDGd_iK6Lk]https://youtu.be/MNDGd_iK6Lk]https://youtu.be/MNDGd_iK6Lk

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 06:46:10 PM »

Having been to the Don Amott Arena before, I can confirm it does have an open side, shared with the cricket ground, and also that there are some very good pubs in Derby, although the ones near the station and therefore Pride Park may be packed out. Mickleover have come a long way in the last future years, but have lost more than they have won at home, so we should reasonably hope to win, without being arrogant about it.

Don Amott, who is the club chairman (and gives his name to the ground, which I hope gives nobody else any ideas),  is the "king of caravans" and has been responsible for some top quality TV adverts back in the day.

https://youtu.be/MNDGd_iK6Lk]https://youtu.be/MNDGd_iK6Lk]https://youtu.be/MNDGd_iK6Lk

Marvellous ads ;D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 02:06:14 PM »

Don Amott, who is the club chairman (and gives his name to the ground, which I hope gives nobody else any ideas),  is the "king of caravans" and has been responsible for some top quality TV adverts back in the day.

I am also reliably informed that Don was also the DCCC chairman for several years
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 07:31:20 PM »

We won.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mickleover- Match Thread