PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF  (Read 22793 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »

Anybody fancy an early flight to Dublin ? So predictable ! 

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 11:13:05 AM »

i thought we had covers, but I might wrong.

Bit bizzare if we have sprinklers but no covers. Guess you don't get FA funding for covers.
Full time and proud of it

ToffeeBlue

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 11:45:59 AM »

Rugby Union at the AJ Bell if you're interested.   Sale Sharks v. Cardiff Blues in the European Challenge Cup. Kick off 3.00pm.  Warburton Bridge is toll free (from 1.30pm) paid for by the Sharks.

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »

It wasn't just down to the snow, which obviously was a contributing factor, but the pitch was waterlogged from the rain over the past few days.

The ball wasn't bouncing an inch at times during the inspection 
Farce the club did nothing to get the game on - what snow what rain theres been hardly any of either

Why weren't the covers used? What happened to the usual call for volunteers?

Another shambles, or maybe be we wanted it off

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »

Rugby Union ???? I'd rather go shopping with the boss  >:(   Any Rugby League avaliable :)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 12:00:17 PM »

There's a game on at Heywood Road too. Sale FC v Blaydon.

I'm disappointed but not suprised the game was off. There was standing water in the Golf Road goal mouth on Thursday lunchtime.

Alty5678

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »

It wasn't just down to the snow, which obviously was a contributing factor, but the pitch was waterlogged from the rain over the past few days.

Farce the club did nothing to get the game on - what snow what rain theres been hardly any of either

The pitch inspection was called yesterday before snow had even hit, so there must have been a doubt then due to the pitch being waterlogged, so there must have been a good level of rain recently and my back garden agrees. Putting covers on every time it rains is just not feasible (if we do indeed have covers) in my opinion.

I can't think of a reason anyone at the club would want the game off today, can you?

markecky2

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 12:34:46 PM »

Years and years of this nonsense, when will it ever end?

This almost tops the one where you said Sinnott called the game off as he could not be arsed driving.

Virtually every game in the region is off, why is it only ours that such stuff is being talked about?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »

This almost tops the one where you said Sinnott called the game off as he could not be arsed driving.

Virtually every game in the region is off, why is it only ours that such stuff is being talked about?

Whilst Jamie is usually over the top with his posts. FC United is on, as is Sale FC game.

I do find it strange we didn't arrange covers for a game that would have been one of biggest gates of the season.

I find it bizarre we only have covers that only cover "parts of the pitch". Winter comes arround annually, you'd think by now we'd have arrange to either fundraise for our own, or enter a deal with LCCC in exchange for free entry for their members when they're needed or something.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:48:56 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 12:46:57 PM »

Its a pity it was called off .. A very good money spinner game will now be relegated to a Tues night in deepest winter with half the crowd we would have got today ...

GB Alty

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 12:50:17 PM »

I know your not local Ecky put there is no snow in Alty, the little we had this morning didnt even stick and its not been particularly wet or cold

I understand its heavy snow in Heald Green and Wilmslow but its not here for sure

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »

I was at the ground earlier dropping off tins for the food bank.

The pitch is waterlogged at the golf road end, especially in the corner. The heavy rain earlier in the week put paid to the fixture I guess. Not the snow. Drainage is the issue and has been for numerous years. I guess if the ref had played it would have ruined the pitch for months to come.

markecky2

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 01:09:58 PM »

I know your not local Ecky put there is no snow in Alty, the little we had this morning didnt even stick and its not been particularly wet or cold

I understand its heavy snow in Heald Green and Wilmslow but its not here for sure

I'm six miles away.

I would imagine the torrential rain on Thursday night has done the damage, and the subsequent freezing and thawing of that rain has caused waterlogging.  As dull as that theory is.

You are doing a similar thing now to the Sinnott thing on Facebook groups talking your own team down saying that maybe the manager is scared of Shaw Lane?

We are in superb form but if the manager was scared of Shaw Lane, how do you start that conversation and get the ball rolling in influencing the match referee to call the game off?

Fascinates me....

Alty5678

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 01:14:45 PM »

It wasn't the snow, it was a waterlogged pitch from what I saw. Putting covers on a saturated pitch isn't going to help dry it! It needs to dry out naturally (unless you want the club to invest in undersoil heating too?).

Seems like any excuse to have a go at the club (I'm guessing Chairman more than club) when there's not a lot that could have been done to save the game in reality. It was the ref who called it off, not Alty!

This could have been the biggest money spinner of the season yet you believe the club (Chairman) wanted the game to be called off??

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 01:27:41 PM »

Hyde, Atherton and Stockport games all still on as far as I am aware.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF