PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF  (Read 22806 times)

GB Alty

Re: Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »

It wasn't just down to the snow, which obviously was a contributing factor, but the pitch was waterlogged from the rain over the past few days.

The ball wasn't bouncing an inch at times during the inspection 
Farce the club did nothing to get the game on - what snow what rain theres been hardly any of either

Why weren't the covers used? What happened to the usual call for volunteers?

Another shambles, or maybe be we wanted it off

Years and years of this nonsense, when will it ever end?

This almost tops the one where you said Sinnott called the game off as he could not be arsed driving.

Virtually every game in the region is off, why is it only ours that such stuff is being talked about?

I know your not local Ecky put there is no snow in Alty, the little we had this morning didnt even stick and its not been particularly wet or cold

I understand its heavy snow in Heald Green and Wilmslow but its not here for sure

I'm six miles away.

I would imagine the torrential rain on Thursday night has done the damage, and the subsequent freezing and thawing of that rain has caused waterlogging.  As dull as that theory is.

You are doing a similar thing now to the Sinnott thing on Facebook groups talking your own team down saying that maybe the manager is scared of Shaw Lane?

We are in superb form but if the manager was scared of Shaw Lane, how do you start that conversation and get the ball rolling in influencing the match referee to call the game off?

Fascinates me....

I don't think we should be calling games off based on what the weather is 6 miles away and feeling justified to do so because other games are off. I also don't think such local games should have pitch inspections at 10am we need to give it a chance of being on. The covers werent even used, the groundsman has confirmed that

What torrential rain on Thursday night? Been none in Alty all week and it hasn't been particularly cold. We don't need to influence referees to call games off we just do nothing to get them on!

And its fact we have a history of soft postponements, sorry if that doesnt sit well with the happy agenda. Incidentaly where have I said PP wanted the match off? I think your reading things in a way to suit your own agenda

markecky2

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 01:38:50 PM »

It wasn't just down to the snow, which obviously was a contributing factor, but the pitch was waterlogged from the rain over the past few days.

Farce the club did nothing to get the game on - what snow what rain theres been hardly any of either

This almost tops the one where you said Sinnott called the game off as he could not be arsed driving.

Virtually every game in the region is off, why is it only ours that such stuff is being talked about?

I know your not local Ecky put there is no snow in Alty, the little we had this morning didnt even stick and its not been particularly wet or cold

I understand its heavy snow in Heald Green and Wilmslow but its not here for sure

I'm six miles away.

I would imagine the torrential rain on Thursday night has done the damage, and the subsequent freezing and thawing of that rain has caused waterlogging.  As dull as that theory is.

You are doing a similar thing now to the Sinnott thing on Facebook groups talking your own team down saying that maybe the manager is scared of Shaw Lane?

We are in superb form but if the manager was scared of Shaw Lane, how do you start that conversation and get the ball rolling in influencing the match referee to call the game off?

Fascinates me....

I don't think we should be calling games off based on what the weather is 6 miles away and feeling justified to do so because other games are off. I also don't think such local games should have pitch inspections at 10am we need to give it a chance of being on. The covers werent even used, the groundsman has confirmed that

What torrential rain on Thursday night? Been none in Alty all week and it hasn't been particularly cold. We don't need to influence referees to call games off we just do nothing to get them on!

And its fact we have a history of soft postponements, sorry if that doesnt sit well with the happy agenda. Incidentaly where have I said PP wanted the match off? I think your reading things in a way to suit your own agenda

I don't think we should be calling games off based on the weather 6 miles away either. That would be odd.  We don't call games off though do we, didn't the match referee come and look at it, roll a football about on it and decided it was waterlogged.

Do we have Lancashires CC's covers the moment?  i haven't seen them this season..

Nothing happy about today, was looking forward to a decent game.

Your comment was made on facebook on the NPL group, again that would be another thing that would be odd to invent:

It said:

"Another shambles, or maybe be we wanted it off. PP scared of Shaw Lane"

Not sure how many ways you can read that really or what my agenda is.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 01:39:51 PM »

I have to agree that to call it off at 10am seems too early and we do also have a reputation for soft postponements. Macc playing and the conditions are always worse there.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »

It's about 50/50

Alty5678

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »

Macc game was live on BT Sport wasn't it? They probably helped them out where needed to ensure the game was on (or Macc had more money to throw at it due to this additional revenue coming in from BT?)

Not comparing apples with apples there.

10am is early though but the ball wasn't bouncing then so I imagine the ref made the call it would be no better in a couple of hours.

markecky2

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 02:18:50 PM »

It's about 50/50

I didn't look at it too in depth to be honest, woke up post Xmas do with the hangover from hell, looked at my twitter and saw loads if 10am pitch inspections and then off's. 

My point really was that we aren't the only ones affected today.

GB Alty

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 02:34:29 PM »

It's about 50/50

I didn't look at it too in depth to be honest, woke up post Xmas do with the hangover from hell, looked at my twitter and saw loads if 10am pitch inspections and then off's. 

Just watching Macc vs Wrexham on TV on a totally snow covered pitch with blizzad and then looking out my window to see no snow and comparitively barmy conditions, just wondering why we're not playing? Ah 10am pitch inspection was it. Complete farce

Alty5678

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 02:41:24 PM »

It's about 50/50

Just watching Macc vs Wrexham on TV on a totally snow covered pitch with blizzad and then looking out my window to see no snow and comparitively barmy conditions, just wondering why we're not playing? Ah 10am pitch inspection was it. Complete farce

Not sure if anyone has mentioned yet but it was a waterlogged pitch, not just because it had been snowing. It was clearly not, in the ref's opinion, going to dry out significantly enough in time for kick off.

He threw the ball fifteen foot in the air and it bounced 0cm, which in the ref's opinion wasn't playable.

andrewflynn

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2017, 03:02:16 PM »

Inside job. The powers at be needed to go Christmas shopping. A dark day for the club. When will it end?

GB Alty

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2017, 03:04:15 PM »

It's about 50/50

So you agree that your statement that virtually all games in the region were off was incorrect and purposely misleading? Why did you say that without checking? Poor form to try to call me out when by your own admission you have got it wrong in your rush to defend the club at all costs

Your right we werent the only ones affected today, but other clubs did something to get their games on.

Tell me what we did to get our game on today? Base it on fact of what you know about this club not what other clubs did or didn't do
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:06:30 PM by Turd »

Alty5678

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »

What could we have done to get the game on, based on the postponement being brought about by the pitch being waterlogged over the last couple of days, from rain?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2017, 03:09:25 PM »

No mention of water-based postponements anywhere officially.

No good getting the FA cup to moss lane if you can’t get the basic messages out ::)
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2017, 03:10:52 PM »

It's about 50/50

So you agree that your statement that virtually all games in the region were off was incorrect and purposely misleading? Why did you say that without checking? Poor form to try to call me out when by your own admission you have got it wrong in your rush to defend the club at all costs

Your right we werent the only ones affected today, but other clubs did something to get their games on.

Tell me what we did to get our game on today? Base it on fact of what you know about this club not what other clubs did or didn't do

Bet you're gutted considering you were 100% going to the game today.

GB Alty

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2017, 03:16:33 PM »

Inside job. The powers at be needed to go Christmas shopping. A dark day for the club. When will it end?
Think of your dignity man, I know he's given you a job but last year you were staunchly Rowley out. Now your so far up his arse and his rotten regime, it's cringeworthy to see

Talk about principles ???

andrewflynn

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 03:19:50 PM »

Think of your dignity man, I know he's given you a job but last year you were staunchly Rowley out. Now your so far up his arse and his rotten regime, it's cringeworthy to see

Talk about principles ???

You're well boring and you could have said this to me at any of the three, maybe four away games we've been to together. You use online platforms for a reason.

I've not been given a job in any way, I volunteer my time in the interest of progressing the club.

Despite the situation and context people can actually act constructively, you are completely destructive and need to wobble your head.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF