PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF  (Read 22947 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »

FOR the record, Nuneaton are equally annoyed and questioning the use of covers in their build up.
It's all my fault.

Alty5678

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 03:29:51 PM »

FOR the record, Nuneaton are equally annoyed and questioning the use of covers in their build up.

Frozen pitch, I can see their point on the cover usage, or lack of.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »

Inside job. The powers at be needed to go Christmas shopping. A dark day for the club. When will it end?
Think of your dignity man, I know he's given you a job but last year you were staunchly Rowley out. Now your so far up his arse and his rotten regime, it's cringeworthy to see

Talk about principles ???

You're well boring and you could have said this to me at any of the three, maybe four away games we've been to together. You use online platforms for a reason.

I've not been given a job in any way, I volunteer my time in the interest of progressing the club.

Despite the situation and context people can actually act constructively, you are completely destructive and need to wobble your head.

In fairness Jamie, to Andrew, he’s Pro-club Anti Rowley like a few of us.
A job would implied it’s paid, and quite frankly neither of us get paid, and one of us doesn’t even get the decency of respect. Andrew and I do spend money to promote the game. So we’re raking a loss of doing it.

However, the club really need to grow some f’ing backbone. If Jamie wants to be critical, he’s entitled to be.

The club needs to realise after two piss poor years, that people are still expecting faults and mistakes. Therefore do the decent thing:

• Put a notice “game off”
- follow it up with the decision of the ref including why he’s called off the match and what the club did to activately put the game on.
- finish with mistakes learnt and improvement (we will be launching a fundraising driver for covers or take suggestions on how to get games on)

If you’ve done all you can to do so, then the opinions of others making inaccurate comments don’t matter

Unfortunately due to criticism, the club have a chip on their shoulder which means they can’t accept criticism.
It's all my fault.

GB Alty

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »

Inside job. The powers at be needed to go Christmas shopping. A dark day for the club. When will it end?
Think of your dignity man, I know he's given you a job but last year you were staunchly Rowley out. Now your so far up his arse and his rotten regime, it's cringeworthy to see

You're well boring and you could have said this to me at any of the three, maybe four away games we've been to together. You use online platforms for a reason.

I've not been given a job in any way, I volunteer my time in the interest of progressing the club.

Despite the situation and context people can actually act constructively, you are completely destructive and need to wobble your head.
Fair enough, but I'm only saying what everyone else thinks (that I associate with anyway)

You need to take a look at yourself and what you stand for

I have let it go to date, but you picked one to many fights with me on social media lately - so I'm letting you know how it is now

andrewflynn

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2017, 03:43:19 PM »

Fair enough, but I'm only saying what everyone else thinks (that I associate with anyway)

I have let it go to date, but you picked one to many fights with me on social media lately - so I'm letting you know how it is now

I'm happy to talk this out with you when we're next together because we're all Alty fans when it's all said and done.

I know exactly what I stand for and I think that, with one to one communication, I can at least try to show you why I feel how I feel, and do what I do.

I don't aim to pick fights with you, we share the same friends albeit you've known them a lot longer. If I'm honest, I'm surprised they've not had a word. I just disagree with a lot of your posts because I believe them to be deconstructive. There's a way to go about things towards the end goal we all want and I don't think you're helping.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2017, 03:50:29 PM »

It's worrying that the pitch doesn't seem to be durable during some bad weather. The last thing we want is a fixture pile up due to games being called off.
They really should be beating teams like us

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »

i remember my first game watching Alty,FA cup game mid week at home to Wrexham in about 1964. The pitch had about 2 inches of snow on it ,the snow was cleared from the lines and the game went ahead using an orange ball.The game was only called off when the fog game in and you could see no one.None of this 'oh we have a dusting of snow we must call the game off'.Mind you the schools did not shut either,they had us kids clearing snow from the steps and then putting salt down.we have all got to soft.
Harold

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »

I'm happy to talk this out with you when we're next together because we're all Alty fans when it's all said and done.

I know exactly what I stand for and I think that, with one to one communication, I can at least try to show you why I feel how I feel, and do what I do.

I don't aim to pick fights with you, we share the same friends albeit you've known them a lot longer. If I'm honest, I'm surprised they've not had a word. I just disagree with a lot of your posts because I believe them to be deconstructive. There's a way to go about things towards the end goal we all want and I don't think you're helping.
If I'm honest I have no interest in discussing anything with you. I would rather not be associated with you in any way at all. I don't like turncoats

As I have said I have taken your happy clappy goading against whatever I post for long enough. So now I'm telling you how it is, something I have been wanting to do for sometime but others have persuaded me not to before

I don't think you're helping either I think your part of the problem. You were happy to campaign Rowley out when we we're losing? A few wins against tinpot opposition and apparently all is forgiven? Never for me
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:09:27 PM by Turd »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2017, 04:15:46 PM »

Poor form all round this playing it out on the forum.

The board will have a good laugh at this and see any movement against them splintering and falling apart.

Other clubs will just have a good old laugh at it too.

For the record I’m amazed that given we’ve known about the fixture for a while, had no game for a week and known they weren’t full strength and we are or are abouts, that we somehow failed to get the standing water off the pitch. It’s pretty tinpot and whilst I think it’s ludicrous to believe it was done on purpose I do think it’s typical of the clubs failings off the pitch.

Also, having a go at the people who give up time and money to do a fantastic job making the club look professional through social media or whatever is not on.

andrewflynn

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2017, 04:16:30 PM »

If I'm honest I have no interest in discussing anything with you. I would rather not be associated with you in any way at all. I don't like turncoats

As I have said I have taken your happy clappy goading against whatever I post for long enough. So now I'm telling you how it is, something I have been wanting to do for sometime but others have persuaded me not to before

I don't think you're helping either I think your part of the problem. You were happy to campaign Rowley out when we we're losing? A few wins against tinpot opposition and apparently all is forgiven? Never for me

I'll take that as a rejection of one-to-one dialect, and with that, I think we'll leave it there.

EDIT: it's DIALOGUE init?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:20:50 PM by Andrew Flynn »

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 04:22:18 PM »

Poor form all round this playing it out on the forum.

The board will have a good laugh at this and see any movement against them splintering and falling apart.

Other clubs will just have a good old laugh at it too.

For the record I’m amazed that given we’ve known about the fixture for a while, had no game for a week and known they weren’t full strength and we are or are abouts, that we somehow failed to get the standing water off the pitch. It’s pretty tinpot and whilst I think it’s ludicrous to believe it was done on purpose I do think it’s typical of the clubs failings off the pitch.

Also, having a go at the people who give up time and money to do a fantastic job making the club look professional through social media or whatever is not on.

There's 2 sides to every story so maybe jumping to the media team's defence maybe a bit hasty?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »

Hug it out in the red lion next Saturday 😍

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »

So....how many neutrals were costed into whatever calculation of today's attendance was undertaken ? Because if we were simply talking about our core support, and two blokes in flat caps with a whippet, the cost of hiring covers may have been unjustified.

And also a waste of time after Thursday's downpour (Turd must be a very heavy sleeper if he missed the thunder !)

Stockport and FCUM almost certainly covered their pitches with their own equipment.  The only games on in our league were in coastal towns where the worst of the weather could have blown further inland (though Costa Del Workington did surprise me somewhat).

It all comes down to money in the end, and we all know that the club is already operating over budget. And I'd suggest that Shaw Lane will be more worried about a fixture backlog than we will.

It's off, it's gone, let's all man up and move on.

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »

Hug it out in the red lion next Saturday 😍

Gladly! I don't want to make enemies with anyone here, you all know that.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2017, 05:06:01 PM »

So....how many neutrals were costed into whatever calculation of today's attendance was undertaken ? Because if we were simply talking about our core support, and two blokes in flat caps with a whippet, the cost of hiring covers may have been unjustified.

And also a waste of time after Thursday's downpour (Turd must be a very heavy sleeper if he missed the thunder !)

Stockport and FCUM almost certainly covered their pitches with their own equipment.  The only games on in our league were in coastal towns where the worst of the weather could have blown further inland (though Costa Del Workington did surprise me somewhat).

It all comes down to money in the end, and we all know that the club is already operating over budget. And I'd suggest that Shaw Lane will be more worried about a fixture backlog than we will.

It's off, it's gone, let's all man up and move on.

I must also be a heavy sleeper because I heard no thunder although I do live near Oldham so it may not have thundered here.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:10:21 PM by Snork Maiden »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF