PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF  (Read 22805 times)

markecky2

Re: Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2017, 12:11:47 PM »

It wasn't just down to the snow, which obviously was a contributing factor, but the pitch was waterlogged from the rain over the past few days.

The ball wasn't bouncing an inch at times during the inspection  
Farce the club did nothing to get the game on - what snow what rain theres been hardly any of either

Why weren't the covers used? What happened to the usual call for volunteers?

Another shambles, or maybe be we wanted it off

Years and years of this nonsense, when will it ever end?

This almost tops the one where you said Sinnott called the game off as he could not be arsed driving.

Virtually every game in the region is off, why is it only ours that such stuff is being talked about?

It's about 50/50

I didn't look at it too in depth to be honest, woke up post Xmas do with the hangover from hell, looked at my twitter and saw loads if 10am pitch inspections and then off's.  

My point really was that we aren't the only ones affected today.

So you agree that your statement that virtually all games in the region were off was incorrect and purposely misleading? Why did you say that without checking? Poor form to try to call me out when by your own admission you have got it wrong in your rush to defend the club at all costs

Your right we werent the only ones affected today, but other clubs did something to get their games on.

Tell me what we did to get our game on today? Base it on fact of what you know about this club not what other clubs did or didn't do

Not mad keen on carrying this on but you have called me out of some points so I have too.

Do you think my life is so sad that i would purposely make misleading statements, it's just a football match that has been called off on a day loads of other football matches have had games called off.  

Like you, I have no idea what the groundsman did to get the game on or off but what I know of him he works hard and seems to do a decent job.

Anyway I think we should both be quite satisfied with the outcome.

I said there was torrential rain on Thursday night. You told me that was nonsense, 4-5 people have now confirmed it happened along with the thunder that accompanied it.

You put on a group of thousands of people that our manager was scared of Shaw Lane implying that he had called it off, I reminded people you had form for doing this to prove a point to point out how bonkers that was.  Then you denied it so it was quoted to you but then ignored.

You got the chance to say I defend the club at all costs and have a happy agenda (and probably far worse on the whatsapp groups!)

Sad to see Andrew being taken down the "all my friends think your x" route though, sounds very familiar to me this...

Luckily he knows that hundreds of people think his daily voluntary work on the clubs social media is of the highest standard and is one of the real plus points of the club in recent times.

Welcome back Ecky

I'm not arguing with you over the weather its stupid, my comment about Parkinson being scared by the way was supposed to be ironic but no real surprise that was lost on you (find it a bit odd your talking facebook on here you don't have facebook stop stalking)

All that aside I'm sure the postponement helped all the team management and chairman get to the airport in timefor their xmas do flight to Dublin. Stroke of luck that

You then go onto to talk more sh*t about being the victim again, change the record lad and man up. Andrew is a big boy I'm sure he doesn't need your intervention, he has been trying to pick a fight with me on here for months. Although I'm sure none of your happy clappers will see it that way though to blinkered and unable to see anything objectively

Don't think anyone has said anything negative about the media team? I haven't been critical of the media team in anyway? I agree they do a very good job.

Bore off now

You've got so far away from the actual point of football matches i.e a social occasion to see if your team can score more goals than the other team it's frightening. 

Another unloading and outpouring of bile and accusations that could be dissected with ease but whats the point? 

Missed irony (yeah course it was) stalking, playing the victim, manning up, boring off..... it's a lot for me to take on board in one post on a football forum or the dying embers of one.

At least we agree on one thing that the social media team do a cracking job so on that looks like a good place to not bore people any further with it and "bore off"

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2017, 12:35:33 PM »

I think a few people on here need to think about what they are saying before just bashing away at a key board. 2 games were played in the league above yesterday, 3 in our own i believe. There are no conspiracies, nobody is scared of anybody. The weather has just been sh*t. Thats it.

This is the only club in the world where fans get like this over a postponed game. It just wouldn't happen anywhere else. Get over it! On to next week

Just about sums it up
Full time and proud of it

AltySupporter

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2017, 12:44:14 PM »

You've got so far away from the actual point of football matches i.e a social occasion to see if your team can score more goals than the other team it's frightening.

Mark,

Totally bang on the money. Well said. Someone needed to.

Col

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2017, 01:13:50 PM »

Firstly the problem appears to be, as it has been since the days when Jack Thorpe was groundsman, the height of the water table.

Anyone with a sensible solution to that please step forward.

Secondly,Jamie and Martin, if you REALLY think that nothing has been done to try to get the game on today then your level of delusion exceeds all my estimates.

Thirdly can someone explain what value putting covers on after the event would have other than sealing the water in and killing the grass.

We play a winter sport in winter weather and stuff like this happens.  sorry but that's just an unfortunate truth

There werer Football Lwage games which fell victim to the weather - today too

Why've you singled my name out Phil? I haven't said anything about not trying to get the game on,I just mentioned on a separate thread that the pitch can't have been too well looked after.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »

Mark,

Col

I have to agree here and you've got a bit too personal on a public forum tbh Jamie. If you've got your differences with Ecky then fair enough but it shouldn't be played out on here. IMO a fair few posts need removing here.

GB Alty

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2017, 02:03:36 PM »

Mark,

Col

I have to agree here and you've got a bit too personal on a public forum tbh Jamie. If you've got your differences with Ecky then fair enough but it shouldn't be played out on here. IMO a fair few posts need removing here.
Disagree

Ecky started all this with his "Years and years of this nonsense, when will it ever end?" post yesterday which was a totally unprovoked attack on me, just because I dared to say something he disagreed with.

Who the f**k does Ecky think he is to speak to me like that? I've had enough of it

Go back and read the history, I'm sick and tired of being lambasted just because I have a different view to this isn't everything rosy bullsh*t

Enough is enough

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2017, 02:16:50 PM »

Jamie you are an absolute embarrassment not only to the club but surely to yourself and it seems to me that you are the only one who can't see that. I post infrequently these days as this forum has become toxic, you being in my opinion the main reason.
As regards the pitch, doesn't the name Moss Lane give a clue? Generally the pitch as I can see is in great shape but as we are on a "moss" i.e. boggy ground it will never take much water as there is simply nowhere for it to go. Water finds its own level, you cannot drain below where the water is, basic physics.
Shape up lad, no need for all the pent up crap, if there is, find someone to talk to.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2017, 03:10:38 PM »

Mark,

Col

Disagree

Ecky started all this with his "Years and years of this nonsense, when will it ever end?" post yesterday which was a totally unprovoked attack on me, just because I dared to say something he disagreed with.

Who the f**k does Ecky think he is to speak to me like that? I've had enough of it

Go back and read the history, I'm sick and tired of being lambasted just because I have a different view to this isn't everything rosy bullsh*t

Enough is enough

It's not about who started it mate,I just think you've taken it a bit too far. It's obvious that you and Ecky have your differences but don't take it too far in public.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham v Shaw Lane AFC : Match OFF