PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Inclusion and Diversity update
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Inclusion and Diversity update  (Read 6746 times)

Inclusion and Diversity

« on: December 10, 2017, 12:39:25 PM »

This was due be in yesterday's programme but I thought I would share it on here to add a little festive cheer.

Firstly I would like to welcome the volunteers from Trafford South Foodbank, who do a fantastic job by helping people in crisis. Foodbanks are under tremendous pressure at the moment as they struggle to bring in donations to match the increasing demand so thank you to anyone that has made a donation today, it really will make a difference.

At half-time we will also be announcing the winners, of our Design an Alty shirt competition in partnership with our sponsors Smart Storage and Altrincham art charity, Art with a Heart. We launched this competition on non league day and invited our local young people to Design a shirt that welcomes the differences in our community. Entry forms were distributed with support from six local primary schools and Altrincham, Hale and Timperley libraries. We were overwhelmed with over 200 fantastic entries and I am proud to say that we have 3 fantastic winners, who have had their designs turned into their very own Alty FC replica shirt, thanks to Ian Senior's SK Kits.

Congratulations to our winners:

Emily Bennett aged 6
Holly Sachro aged 7
Joseph Snape aged 10

and to our Runners-up:

Zayed Elgergawy aged 5
Leo Glasspole aged 6
Reuben Snape aged 7
Yara Ali aged 7
Travis David Millar aged 10
Nicolette Anakwe-Umek aged 10

Unbelievably, its over 2 months since Non-League Day when we were 1 of 4 clubs to celebrate Fans for Diversity on behalf of Kick it Out and The Football Supporters' Federation when we launched our Inclusion Strategy.

The launch of the Inclusion Strategy though was just the beginning - we have built up a great relationship with the Altrincham and Hale Muslim Association and I was proud to be invited to their annual dinner to represent the Club and present the Chair with one of our match worn Fans for Diversity shirts. We are also supporting their Friday night football sessions with offers of coaching and equipment in partnership with The Football Supporters Federation.

On the 17th February when we play Sutton Coldfield Town the match will be designated to the Football v Homophobia campaign which exists to challenge discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and expression at all levels in football and we will play our part to show that the J Davidson Stadium is an inclusive place for LGBTQI supporters, players and officials.

You may have seen our new disabled shelter, in front of the main stand. This was only possible thanks to the kind support of Manchester Metalcraft Limited who constructed the frame and Manchester Glass, who supplied and fitted the Perspex. We are also working with Judy Henson, the Community Manager to develop activities for disabled people and to set-up a disability team to compete in the Cheshire Ability Counts League and with the Board looking at how we can improve the matchday experience for disabled supporters.
I’d like to give my thanks to Bill Waterson, who has been unwavering in his support for Inclusion and Diversity, Phil Parkinson for his commitment to our cause, the Social Media team of Andrew Flynn and Jack Jolly and of course Our Honorary Head of Inclusion, Jacqui Forster.

If you would like to support any of our work, get involved or want further information you can email: inclusion@altrinchamfc.co.uk or check out @AltrinchamFCInc on Twitter.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Inclusion and Diversity update
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 02:19:56 PM »

That's brilliant and heartwarming, any chance of a glimpse of the kits?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »

It's all my fault.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »

I like the middle one particularly. It pays respect to the traditions of the club as well as encouraging inclusion. Well done to everyone who took part.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 05:03:42 PM »

Brilliant, love that. Well done to all the kids.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 05:40:19 PM »

Just shows how creative we can be with our kits, rather than staying with just red and white block stripes.
It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »

Just shows how creative we can be with our kits, rather than staying with just red and white block stripes.

Many people prefer just red and white stripes.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »

I said "block" red and white stripes.
It's all my fault.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 10:35:36 PM »

It was truly humbling what these local children did.  I spoke to them all and asked about their inspiration for their art, they were all so genuine in telling me how they did their designs.  I was a very proud Altrinchaminan yesterday afternoon.

The players were brilliant and were themselves incredibly impressed by the designs which showed what the young artist thought depicted Inclusion and diversity.

And we had a full crate of food donated for the Foodbank collection, many donations from all players, the Foodbank were totally delighted and the collection point is there all week at the club offices, folks if you want to still donate and help our local less fortunate families to have a good Christmas  ;)

Wow, the local inclusive yet diverse community of Alty, led by AFC, eh?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 11:50:27 PM »

It was truly humbling what these local children did.  I spoke to them all and asked about their inspiration for their art, they were all so genuine in telling me how they did their designs.  I was a very proud Altrinchaminan yesterday afternoon.

The players were brilliant and were themselves incredibly impressed by the designs which showed what the young artist thought depicted Inclusion and diversity.

And we had a full crate of food donated for the Foodbank collection, many donations from all players, the Foodbank were totally delighted and the collection point is there all week at the club offices, folks if you want to still donate and help our local less fortunate families to have a good Christmas  ;)

Wow, the local inclusive yet diverse community of Alty, led by AFC, eh?

Well done Jacqui, and all involved.
What a brilliant job you and all have done with the food bank collection.
Lets try and help the less fortunate than us.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 09:38:06 AM »

I said "block" red and white stripes.

Apologies,many people prefer just "block" red and white stripes.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 06:31:43 PM »

Down through the years, we have had quite a few kits that haven't been Red & White block stripes.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 06:48:09 PM »

Down through the years, we have had quite a few kits that haven't been Red & White block stripes.

I remember a few of them,red and black stripes,red and black checks,the 1995 kit which sort of white with red flashes(probably a bad description!) and also the 'Southampton' kit which was white in the middle and red on the edges.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »

Indeed, I would like to see a few of our old designs come back.

It's all my fault.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 08:10:18 PM »

The beauty about new "sublimated" method of kit manufacture, anything can be achieved, as can be seen by the 3 shirts produced for winners.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team