PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a load of rubbish
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What a load of rubbish  (Read 8207 times)

VofD

What a load of rubbish
« on: December 19, 2017, 09:43:21 PM »

Alty 1 - 2 Warrington  >:( >:(

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What a load of rubbish
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:45:56 PM »

Our much celebrated forward line is once again ineffective against a quality, well-organised defence.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 10:00:54 PM »

I keep saying but Poole doesn't do enough in games and is too deep.
Thompson's kicking is absolutely terrible,his body positioning is bizarre. Should have stayed on his line for the first goal.
Harrop keeps playing well in midfield even though he was at fault for the second goal.
Get Densmore back at RB. That's two open nets Bembo-Leta has missed.
I know we conceded two late goals but I do prefer Jones and Harrison.
I would play Hancock number 10 for a few games.
Moult has looked sluggish in the last two games but still wins a lot of headers.
Sean Williams has stood out in the three games against Warrington. A decent player who is full of energy, rarely makes a mistake. I liked him at Alty and should have been given more time.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »

Downright poor. Once we scored  (great strike from Hulme) we seemed to think we'd done the job and dropped deeper.

On the 13th.January the league may rearrange a fixture. The options are Barwell at home or Stafford away.

Happy clapper

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 10:26:31 PM »

As soon as we started to drop back we looked in trouble. Not sure if it was just us thinking we had won it or if they just started to play out of their skins but up until we scored there was only one team in it

Good luck to them in the next round

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 10:27:34 PM »

Big mistake sitting back on 1-0. Gave them too much time with the ball, and worringly they looked a lot fitter at the end. Don't like losing, and i'm sure the club would have liked the money, but let them have the exhausting trip to Kent and hope they get a replay, while our players have less games and hopefully can work on their fitness.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 10:35:17 PM »

On past experience the league will rearrange a fixture if it possibly can, even if it means moving an existing Saturday fixture, so I expect us to have a game.

Tonight, Warrington were worthy winners for their second half performance, and I genuinely wish them well against Ebbsfleet, as well as knowing that the unbeaten run would eventually come to an end, but the way it did was so disappointing.

Obviously, the focus on the pitch now has to be to bounce back on Saturday.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 10:58:31 PM »

Thompson's kicking is absolutely terrible,his body positioning is bizarre. Should have stayed on his line for the first goal.
Harrop keeps playing well in midfield even though he was at fault for the second goal.
Moult has looked sluggish in the last two games but still wins a lot of headers.
Sean Williams has stood out in the three games against Warrington. A decent player who is full of energy, rarely makes a mistake. I liked him at Alty and should have been given more time.

I agree with most of this, but Jones in front Harrison? Not for me.

And I can't really have a go a Bembo-Leta for missing another sitter.

Although I'm not too arsed about not going to play ebbsfleet tonight has posed much bigger worries.
The pitch is dreadful in certain areas, if we get rain between now and Saturday I don't hold out much hope for the game to be on

We have no plan B. In the 3 games against Warrington we've created very little and if it wasn't for genuine bit of class from Hulme we wouldn't have scored in 4.5 hours of football, and their keeper is wank.

Huge game (if on) Saturday
Full time and proud of it

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 11:13:12 PM »

Mostly bilge from both sides to be fair, but Warrington upped it late on and clearly wanted it more at the end. That is a bit of a disgrace from Alty's point of view.

Is it true that the squad went off to Dublin for a weekender recently? (If so it seems a very bad idea).

Kids behind the goal second half were very tedious in a small crowd.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 11:38:24 PM »

Disappointing though it is getting knocked out of the Trophy by a side we’d have played our reserves against 5 years ago I think there needs to be a sense of perspective. Number 1 the season above all else is getting out of this league. Warrington are welcome to go and lose 2-1 in front of 850 standing on that open terrace at the arse end of the Thames estuary in mid-January, hopefully we’ll have a league game to focus on that day instead. Back to the real business on Saturday and I’m confident we’ll get a result which will set us up nicely for Christmas. Top on Christmas Day will do me.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 06:53:05 AM »

I agree with most of this, but Jones in front Harrison? Not for me.

And I can't really have a go a Bembo-Leta for missing another sitter.

Although I'm not too arsed about not going to play ebbsfleet tonight has posed much bigger worries.
The pitch is dreadful in certain areas, if we get rain between now and Saturday I don't hold out much hope for the game to be on

We have no plan B. In the 3 games against Warrington we've created very little and if it wasn't for genuine bit of class from Hulme we wouldn't have scored in 4.5 hours of football, and their keeper is wank.

Huge game (if on) Saturday

You may have read it wrong. I mean Jones and Harrison as our pairing. Harrison is our best centre back by a distance,top defender at this level.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 07:53:54 AM »

Huge overreaction to our first defeat for ages, 2 goals in the last 5 mins and missed a sitter at the end, its hardly the end of the world.  It does seem to me that there are some who must have been gutted we kept winning for so long, must have been bursting to post.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »

Huge overreaction to our first defeat for ages, 2 goals in the last 5 mins and missed a sitter at the end, its hardly the end of the world.  It does seem to me that there are some who must have been gutted we kept winning for so long, must have been bursting to post.

Totally agree.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 07:58:33 AM »

I think it is clear from last night that the league is the priority as it should be, hence the rotation.

Thought both teams were poor overall. Hitting the post twice in the final minutes sums up the evening really. Think they had 2 shots on goal all evening, we certainly had more. There substitutions made a difference ours did not, they wanted it more as you could see from looking at the dugouts.

Hopefully on Saturday it will be back to business as usual.

Over the pitch, the grass is laid on a sand blinding, so if it rains then it cuts up easily, becomes slippy etc. Drainage is what it is, the culvert by the allotments which drains the pitch water away looked blocked when I walked down there the other week and maybe backing the water up a bit?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »

I agree. Let's be fair, our form recently has been excellent, hence why we sit top of the league. Last night we never got going, and only Hulme performed anywhere near their capabilities. Let's hope this defeat refocuses the group and we can go on another run of wins.
Still believe we need a central midfielder , and I do expect more from James Poole. Talented player but isn't influencing the matches like I had thought he would.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a load of rubbish