PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a load of rubbish
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What a load of rubbish  (Read 8214 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What a load of rubbish
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 09:08:55 AM »

Agree, complete over reaction. I’ve spent enough miserable afternoons out at gravesend & northfleet thanks. The 6 grand would have come in handy, but let’s refocus and go again on Saturday. As for the evenings other incidents, not a great surprise after we’ve been blagging it for so long. This why we need investment desperately, you can’t  rely on goodwill for everything if you want to be a proper football club once more.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 09:37:57 AM »

You may have read it wrong. I mean Jones and Harrison as our pairing. Harrison is our best centre back by a distance,top defender at this level.

Yes I had misread it (must have been my teary eyes).  Totally agree about Harrison. I like Jones, but don't think he's as good as Hanningan.

Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 10:55:59 AM »

Downright poor. Once we scored  (great strike from Hulme) we seemed to think we'd done the job and dropped deeper.

On the 13th.January the league may rearrange a fixture. The options are Barwell at home or Stafford away.

We've got Workington at home.

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »

Huge overreaction to our first defeat for ages, 2 goals in the last 5 mins and missed a sitter at the end, its hardly the end of the world.  It does seem to me that there are some who must have been gutted we kept winning for so long, must have been bursting to post.

Agreed. Back to business Saturday.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »

Downright poor. Once we scored  (great strike from Hulme) we seemed to think we'd done the job and dropped deeper.

On the 13th.January the league may rearrange a fixture. The options are Barwell at home or Stafford away.

Workington are away at Weston-Super-Mare in the Trophy that day.

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »

Workington are away at Weston-Super-Mare in the Trophy that day.

Of course! I forgot they beat Hartlepool.

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 04:34:15 PM »

Of the two I'd prefer Stafford away. There would be a certain logic in bringing that one forward as Stafford are still in the League Cup & March 10th (the date currently set for that game) is designated for League Cup semi-finals - mind you, it seems to me that logic doesn't necessarily play any part in Evo-Stik League fixture "planning". Moving Barwell forward from mid-April has far less reason behind it & at the moment we might be better served not playing at home, given the state of the pitch & particularly the surrounds last time I saw it.
(Can't comment on last night as I wasn't there!)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 12:16:40 AM »

Disappointed to go out of the trophy but, hopefully, serves as a wake up call to those who thought we had things sewn up, that the competition we face means that this league is far from won.  While some will say that being able to concentrate only on the league is a good thing, I tend towards wanting to win every match regardless as I believe it builds momentum.  Saturday's match now feels as though there is more riding on it and should things not go our way, it won't be long before doubts are raised.  Reading some of the comments here, I do worry why it is that we tend to sit back on the slimmest of leads.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a load of rubbish