PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Matlock Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Matlock Match Thread  (Read 7427 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Matlock Match Thread
« on: December 21, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »

Bit more pressure on this game after our last 2 outings. I assume we'll stick with the tried and tested.

Thompson

Bembo-Leta  Harrison  Hannigan  Hampson

Moult   Richman

Johnson  Poole  Hancock

Hulme

I'd rather we were a bit more adventurous.

Alty 2-0 Matlock

With Man U kicking off at 7-45pm the youth from Tuesday may will be back.

Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Matlock Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 10:11:10 AM »

Densmore in for Bembo-Leta
Hancock for Poole as number 10.
Miller out right with JJ on the left. Miller needs minutes for fitness and confidence.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 10:42:13 AM »

Thought Miller looked quite sharp on Tuesday. I'd be tempted to play  4-4-2 with Johnson and Miller as wingers (as both prefer to be on the left let them swap it about) .

Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 10:43:00 AM »

Agree with Oneedham here, need Hancock behind Jordan. Drop Poole and bring in either Miller/Peers on the right. JJ on the left. Densmore for Bembo.

Back to winning ways please.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 11:47:37 AM »

Thought Miller looked quite sharp on Tuesday. I'd be tempted to play  4-4-2 with Johnson and Miller as wingers (as both prefer to be on the left let them swap it about) .

We obviously weren't watching the same game. Miller didn't strike me as near to being fit enough to start.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 12:20:25 PM »

Obviously, Dens at full back. I can understand the argument re. Miller; we are becoming a bit predictable up tops, particularly against well-organised opposition. Still think we'll have enough to win 2 0 (hope Hannigan is fit).

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 06:27:03 PM »

I thought Dens looked back to his old self on Saturday. He was sharp and up for it. Where was he on Tuesday, at a Christmas do?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »

Alty 4/9
Draw 16/5
Matlock 9/2

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 11:15:41 PM »

I'll put the cat amongst the pigeons and suggest that rather than the 4-4-2 line ups suggested above we switch to 4-3-3! A good number of people on here are critical of James Poole but in my opinion we aren't getting the best out of him because he needs to be 10 - 15 yards further up the pitch, alongside Jordan. James scored 20 goals in his part-season at this level with Salford, so there's the goal scorer people are asking for in the other thread.

I also think the same situation of not getting the best out of a player applies with Jake Moult. He doesn't need to babysit the back-four as much as he does and should also be another 10 - 15 yards up the pitch. Remember the player he was when we got promoted!

I'd hazard a guess that most supporters would agree that our most successful teams over the last 40 years or so have been set up as a 4-3-3 line up, maybe it suits the pitch dimensions etc.

With this in mind, I'd have a midfield three of Richman, Moult and Harrop, with a front three of Poole, Hulme and Johnston (or Hancock).

AltySupporter

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »

I'll put the cat amongst the pigeons and suggest that rather than the 4-4-2 line ups suggested above we switch to 4-3-3! A good number of people on here are critical of James Poole but in my opinion we aren't getting the best out of him because he needs to be 10 - 15 yards further up the pitch, alongside Jordan. James scored 20 goals in his part-season at this level with Salford, so there's the goal scorer people are asking for in the other thread.

I also think the same situation of not getting the best out of a player applies with Jake Moult. He doesn't need to babysit the back-four as much as he does and should also be another 10 - 15 yards up the pitch. Remember the player he was when we got promoted!

I'd hazard a guess that most supporters would agree that our most successful teams over the last 40 years or so have been set up as a 4-3-3 line up, maybe it suits the pitch dimensions etc.

With this in mind, I'd have a midfield three of Richman, Moult and Harrop, with a front three of Poole, Hulme and Johnston (or Hancock).

Poole is a quality player at this level and, certainly on Saturday and also on Tuesday, gets targeted and kicked to bits. Earlier on in the season he was getting a lot more opportunity to shoot from just outside the area but more recently he's been playing deeper.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 11:49:18 PM »

Poole is a quality player at this level and, certainly on Saturday and also on Tuesday, gets targeted and kicked to bits. Earlier on in the season he was getting a lot more opportunity to shoot from just outside the area but more recently he's been playing deeper.
[/quote]

Teams have obviously sussed out that the best way to nullify James is to man mark him and crowd him out, as you say, just as Warrington did this week. Move him forward as I suggest and it's not as easy to employ these tactics and I'd like to see some of the centre-backs in this league trying to handle James and Jordan!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 04:09:19 PM »

I expect normal service to resume tomorrow with a good win against Matlock

3 - 0 Alty
pre Christmas attendance of 693.

enjoy Christmas on top of the league... when did we last say that..

Happy Xmas folks

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 06:16:50 PM »

Good win in pretty testing conditions. Perfect response to Tuesday. Bit patchy initially but only going to be one winner once Johnstone swopped wings. Glad the pitch will get a weeks rest now. Let’s hope for a prolonged dry spell, look very heavy out there today, not a criticism, it’s just by dint of nature

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »

I expect normal service to resume tomorrow with a good win against Matlock

3 - 0 Alty
pre Christmas attendance of 693.

enjoy Christmas on top of the league... when did we last say that..

Happy Xmas folks
great prediction
ParkINson's red and white army

arnald

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 06:37:04 PM »

Do marine have the same ground ? 2 sides  and you can't walk round
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Matlock Match Thread