PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joel Bembo-Leta goes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Joel Bembo-Leta goes  (Read 10680 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Joel Bembo-Leta goes
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 05:14:31 PM »

Joel has joined Witton Albion on a month's loan deal, and he will be unable to feature against us on New Year's Day.

This information comes out of a chat I had PP when asking for confirmation.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »

Main site says Joel has been released, but won't play against us on New Years day.

Good Luck Joel, thanks for all your effort over the time you were here with us.

andrewflynn

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 11:59:49 AM »

I guess we can't technically loan a player who isn't on a contract with us. He's been allowed to go to Witton as they were in a right pickle, I'd imagine we have the ability to bring him back after a month if needed.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »

I guess we can't technically loan a player who isn't on a contract with us. He's been allowed to go to Witton as they were in a right pickle, I'd imagine we have the ability to bring him back after a month if needed.

I appreciate you like him but why would we need to bring him back?Densmore is much better and we have signed White. We have Short and Hampson for left back and Hampson can also play centre back. Surplus to requirements, unless we become very unlucky and lose a few to injury.

Alty5678

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »

I think you've answered your own question with your last sentence.

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 01:56:11 PM »

I appreciate you like him but why would we need to bring him back?Densmore is much better and we have signed White. We have Short and Hampson for left back and Hampson can also play centre back. Surplus to requirements, unless we become very unlucky and lose a few to injury.

I thought he played a good part in our unbeaten run, performances like Hednesford away for example proved he had something to offer us. I'd argue that his time here has brought the best out of Dens, who would probably be the first to tell you that he's never had to fight for his place until now.

I agree that now we've signed White, Joel isn't necessarily needed anymore, but he was always steady and did a decent job.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 02:06:26 PM »

Densmore isn't miles better.

Nice options to have. 

I assume White will be straight in when fit
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 02:45:23 PM »

I thought he played a good part in our unbeaten run, performances like Hednesford away for example proved he had something to offer us. I'd argue that his time here has brought the best out of Dens, who would probably be the first to tell you that he's never had to fight for his place until now.

I agree that now we've signed White, Joel isn't necessarily needed anymore, but he was always steady and did a decent job.

You are actually right. Dens does look like he has been fighting for his place which is good. To be fair PP has got everyone fighting for places which means players have to keep on top of their games.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »

I remember we did something like this some years ago when we "released" a player (Ged Kielty, but I might be wrong?) to Trafford, with a "gentlemens' agreement" with a club we trusted, that he would return four weeks or whatever later. At that time, I think there was a limit to the number of loanees in a match and over a season, so he didn't count towards that.
If he is non-contract, there is nothing to stop him staying at Witton, just as there would be nothing stopping them from asking for notice to approach him if he was warming our bench. Anyway, I liked him and good luck to Joel whatever happens.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2017, 07:03:14 PM »

I remember we did something like this some years ago when we "released" a player (Ged Kielty, but I might be wrong?) to Trafford, with a "gentlemens' agreement" with a club we trusted, that he would return four weeks or whatever later. At that time, I think there was a limit to the number of loanees in a match and over a season, so he didn't count towards that.
If he is non-contract, there is nothing to stop him staying at Witton, just as there would be nothing stopping them from asking for notice to approach him if he was warming our bench. Anyway, I liked him and good luck to Joel whatever happens.

These deals are nothing new. Omotola, Walsh and is are all currently subject to similar arrangement.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2017, 07:10:23 PM »

These deals are nothing new. Omotola, Walsh and is are all currently subject to similar arrangement.

Yes, definitely. It's just strange how this is officially announced as a player being released while the other noncontract players you mention are described as loanees.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »

Sent off after 20 mins for 2 yellows today for Witton. Oh dear.

G E

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »

As stated previously he's a wonderful signing  :o

So glad he can't play against you on Monday.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Joel Bembo-Leta goes