News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1874 Northwich Football Club

Author Topic: 1874 Northwich Football Club  (Read 6456 times)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 29, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »

I know we as a club always had our rivalry with Northwich Vics, and when the new club 1874 was formed, that rivalry was lost, but as a non league football fan, I'm sure all fans would like to pass on their condolences to all at 1874 following the passing of Paul Stockton, their Chairman who was a major contributor to the formation of 1874 Northwich Football Club. RIP Paul.

Jezza

Re: 1874 Northwich Football Club
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:38:58 PM »

There is a statement on 1874s fb page where you can leave your respects.....1874 on a similar run to us at the moment...

GB Alty

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:12:33 PM »

Paul was my head of year at school and a very decent bloke, RIP

Ashley Alty

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 07:52:35 PM »

I am totally devastated by this news.  I have known for for about 10or 12 years as I worked with Vics fans throughout my Supporters Direct career, firstly the old Distant Vics which helped me set up Alty in Exile with so much advice and help and then I worked with the fans to establish and register their Supoorters Trust.  That was the group who I worked very hard with to convince successive Vics owners to let the fans take the reins.  Eventually, a good number of trust members and Vics fans had enough and I worked closely with Paul to democratically set up their own fans club, the FCA would not allow their preferred registered name, so I came up with that!  North Community Football Limited!  Me an Alty fan  ;D.  I have been close to 1874 throughout the young club,s life and am a member.  Paul and I were good friends, not just in the work relationship, he was a skier and we talked lots of stuff.  I shall miss him dearly and was always hoping that I can make our Cheshire Senior Cup Match on 9th and hoped, of course to see Paul as I haven’t actually for months, though we texted each other as I.knew he wasn’t too well but had no idea of the seriousness.

He was proud that Alty played friendlies against 1874 and we always had a little joke about my long Alty supporting.  I have shared some 1874 Community work with our amazing Alty Inclusion and Di resitting team, we can all help each other off the pitch.

I am devastated and so terribly sorry.  

Jacqui Forster
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:08:52 PM by Opposite Alty »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 09:31:43 PM »

Football rivalry causes strong emotions and is part of why we all love the game. However, irrespective of all that, when sad things like this happen it puts everything into perspective.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.
Come on Alty!

Ashley Alty

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 11:09:25 PM »

Just remembered....... and he taught Jamie Newhall 🤔
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team