News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2018 and all that

Author Topic: 2018 and all that  (Read 4591 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
2018 and all that
« on: December 31, 2017, 09:57:45 AM »

What a contrast between last New Year and this New Year. The club is on the up and has it's destiny in it's own hands now. We have the board, management team and players to take the club forward now. We have built some great results this season so far. We have 15 clean sheets, a long run of games undefeated, aside from the FA Trophy result. And we all look forward to games with anticipation.

I for one am grateful to the players, management and board for turning this round and giving us so much to look forward to, and I hope this run continues as we should fear no other teams in this league. Also, how great was it for Shaun Miller to get his name on the score-sheet again; I hope this restores his confidence after such a long injury.

Well done to you all for the latter part of 2017, lets make 2018 our year and restore continued pride back in our club again. 

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 and all that
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »

Yes things on the pitch are going well, But else where we still have problems like the lack of stewards.
I hope 2018 things get better.
@AltyDaz

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »

Agree with both previous posts.

On the pitch we are on the up. Lets keep it going, I believe we can.

Happy New Year to all people involved with the club, players, managers, staff, supporters, all the other sections such as the Juniors, ladies, reserves etc.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 11:09:10 AM »

Full credit to everyone for the improvement in football and results. We couldn't have asked for much more since the summer and we are going in the right direction.

But the club as a whole still needs big changes and improvements.   Heres hoping the reinvigoration seen on the pitch is repeated off it too.

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »

I agree with all your thoughts except one line.
Heres to competing at the top of the conf north this time next year and a united well run club again.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 01:32:32 PM »

I’m enjoying watching Parkinson’s Alty this season because after two years of dross it’s just nice to see a professional Alty team that gets results. Winning the league is the bare minimum requirement at this level for me, but it doesn’t take away from the enjoyment I’ve got out of the season so far.

It looks like we’ve made a strong appointment in PP but let’s not forget that we are at the very least a Conference North standard club, so perhaps we should be waiting to see how we fare at that level before really singing the praises of our successes on the field. Again, though, full credit where it’s due for hitting the ground running and doing everything asked of AFC at NPL level.

There are quite clearly an abundance of issues with the club, most of which needed fixing two seasons ago.We desperately need refreshing through investment. As I said, winning this league is the minimum requirement - so while we’re top and I am very much enjoying watching Altrincham from 3-5, let’s not become oblivious to the very real challenges that face us. Challenges that will become more and more apparent should we go on to achieve promotion back to a proper level of football.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »

I’m enjoying watching Parkinson’s Alty this season because after two years of dross it’s just nice to see a professional Alty team that gets results. Winning the league is the bare minimum requirement at this level for me, but it doesn’t take away from the enjoyment I’ve got out of the season so far.

It looks like we’ve made a strong appointment in PP but let’s not forget that we are at the very least a Conference North standard club, so perhaps we should be waiting to see how we fare at that level before really singing the praises of our successes on the field. Again, though, full credit where it’s due for hitting the ground running and doing everything asked of AFC at NPL level.

There are quite clearly an abundance of issues with the club, most of which needed fixing two seasons ago.We desperately need refreshing through investment. As I said, winning this league is the minimum requirement - so while we’re top and I am very much enjoying watching Altrincham from 3-5, let’s not become oblivious to the very real challenges that face us. Challenges that will become more and more apparent should we go on to achieve promotion back to a proper level of football.

Too right Flynny. As terrible as it is quality-wise (and it really is rubbish), you can’t physically do more than assemble a squad to win the league you are in. Which we will do with ease. So I’d be surprised to hear that anyone wasn’t happy to end 2017 clear at the top.
I’d also agree it’s somewhat papering over the other major issues that still exist at the club off-the-field. There were plenty of problems with the way the club is run long before Neil Young arrived to darken our door. Most of which still, unfortunately, haven’t been addressed.

Looking at the top half of the conference at the moment breaks my heart. It’s loaded with clubs no bigger than us. However, being more optimistic, that means there’s no reason at all we also can’t be right amongst those clubs ourselves again with the right investment and off-field leadership in the future.

Best wishes to all, and here’s hoping 2018 will be the year we finally move forward properly as a football club.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »

A lot of very sensible posts. Phil Parkinson has made a superb start to what I hope will be a long career at Altrincham and cannot be blamed for what has gone before, but, given the resources available, we should be doing well at this level. That's not his problem, though, and I salute him and the players.

On the other hand, there are a lot of mistakes, despite the undoubted successes on the community side, off the field, such as the lack of stewards,  for example, which cannot just be forgotten, despite the successes on the field, even if some people hope they will be.

AltySupporter

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »

Great positive post Steve - congrats to all at the club who have turned the ship around and entertained us this season (don't agree that the football is a rubbish standard and I watch to be entertained anyway).

Happy New Year to all

Col

Cider Alty

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 06:07:20 PM »

Very happy to be top of the pile. Unfortunately the pile is a dung heap. We shouldn't be here.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »

Very happy to be top of the pile. Unfortunately the pile is a dung heap. We shouldn't be here.
Maybe we're not really here.....

anglo alty

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 10:06:16 AM »

What a difference a year makes, the club and team is on the up. Lets win the league and get back to where we should be, looking forward to seeing everyone at Stourbridge (home game for me)

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 02:11:57 PM »

What a difference a year makes, the club and team is on the up. Lets win the league and get back to where we should be, looking forward to seeing everyone at Stourbridge (home game for me)

No it isn’t. Let’s be quite clear, the team is doing very well, the club is still in a shambolic state.

These aren’t cracks that can be papered over by winning the league, if anything a promotion would just bring all of the problems to the fore. We are where we are because of a small minded approach from the people that have run the club to the lowest level in our history. It’s farcical and, despite the fact even more errors are being made, people have become oblivious to it because the team are doing well.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2018 and all that