PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Witton Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Witton Match Thread  (Read 20171 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Witton Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »

There were a number of obvious problems today.

We changed a winning team....it may work in the Premier League, but not at this level.

The pitch was awful...same for both teams, but we made no allowances, especially passing backwards and forwards across our penalty area.

We over elaborated at the other end far too often.

We failed to make substitutions early. Hannigan for Jones most obviously.

On the upside, the pitch now has nearly 4 weeks to recover.

I only felt Thompson could have done better with the third. Generally I'm happy with him.

good post Phil. very much my thoughts.

FOOTNOTE.... David Birch ejected from the ground for hostile abuse to some decent Witton fans stood by me. The bloke needs banning he was physically aggressive with the Stewards...

The bloke gives Alty FC a bad name. Yes I expect the guy has problems but this was unacceptable...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 07:40:17 PM »

I thought both the Birch brothers were banned ?
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2018, 07:42:06 PM »

No one there to enforce it.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2018, 07:42:17 PM »

They must be over 70 now

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2018, 07:56:51 PM »

Thought Witton just about deserved their win today, first half they just seemed to want in more especially in midfield and adapted to the conditions better than we did. Second half we came back into it but apart from the two goals I don't remember us creating many more clear chances despite all the possession and getting to the byline a few times. Witton weren't creating much themselves but when they did break they just seemed to be that bit more dangerous. Bit of a wonder goal for the fourth but to me they did seem to be the  stronger team at 3 3. Not sure what can be done about the pitch over the next few weeks other than hoping it doesn't rain too much, it's the worst I've seen it for quite a few years.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »

just Dennis is currently banned, as far as I'm aware

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2018, 08:32:12 PM »

Thought Witton just about deserved their win today, first half they just seemed to want in more especially in midfield and adapted to the conditions better than we did. Second half we came back into it but apart from the two goals I don't remember us creating many more clear chances despite all the possession and getting to the byline a few times. Witton weren't creating much themselves but when they did break they just seemed to be that bit more dangerous. Bit of a wonder goal for the fourth but to me they did seem to be the  stronger team at 3 3. Not sure what can be done about the pitch over the next few weeks other than hoping it doesn't rain too much, it's the worst I've seen it for quite a few years.
thank heavens we have the sprinklers now .

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2018, 09:15:17 PM »

Top tease of the year so far

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2018, 09:36:08 PM »

just Dennis is currently banned, as far as I'm aware

Correct

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2018, 09:40:04 PM »

Dreadful first half, worst ive seen us play under PP, but a great reaction and show of character to get ourselves in a winning position. The last 10 minutes showed a naivety in our team. We should have closed the game down instead of trying to play passing football on a pitch that was clearly not fit for this and subsequently losing the possession in key areas. Is it just me or is Jake Moult a passenger in this team? He's slow, drops too deep and his distribution apart from the occasional 40 yard cross field ping is awful. Why wasn't he or Simon Richman picking the ball up off the centre halfs in the first half to start the moves going?
Also where is Max Harrop?

Jordan Hulme was excellent again with very limited service.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2018, 10:18:30 PM »

I'll take it even though it's day 1 of 2018

AFC SLO

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »

It’s only day 1 of 365 Wayno...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2018, 10:25:06 PM »

It’s only day 1 of 365 Wayno...
plenty of time to tease

G E

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »

Most of you are magnanimous in defeat yesterday. I thought it was a great advert for non-league football on a very wet New Years Day & credit to the referee for getting through the 90-odd minutes. I don't fancy the groundstaff's job now though.

I thought we wanted it more - too many of your star players didn't fancy it (were Poole & Hancock playing?) whereas in the glorious sunshine back in August you played us off the park. Goes to show that you've got to compete whatever the weather.

Nice to be able to go to an original ground, have a thousand speccies in, great atmosphere, no aggro (oh yes, you have you own topic on that) & a great game + from my perspective a good result.

You might be playing in a "tinpot league" but you'll only get out of it if you show up. Workington, Shaw Lane & Grantham will look at your result yesterday & fancy their chances.

GE

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2018, 04:57:31 PM »

Most of you are magnanimous in defeat yesterday. I thought it was a great advert for non-league football on a very wet New Years Day & credit to the referee for getting through the 90-odd minutes. I don't fancy the groundstaff's job now though.

I thought we wanted it more - too many of your star players didn't fancy it (were Poole & Hancock playing?) whereas in the glorious sunshine back in August you played us off the park. Goes to show that you've got to compete whatever the weather.

Nice to be able to go to an original ground, have a thousand speccies in, great atmosphere, no aggro (oh yes, you have you own topic on that) & a great game + from my perspective a good result.

You might be playing in a "tinpot league" but you'll only get out of it if you show up. Workington, Shaw Lane & Grantham will look at your result yesterday & fancy their chances.

GE

I fancy ourselves more against Shaw Lane now then ever before. Workington lost at home to a side without a win in 13.

It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Witton Match Thread