PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ejected from the ground
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ejected from the ground  (Read 12140 times)

Man of Moss

Ejected from the ground
« on: January 01, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »

The guy on the half way line who wears the flat cap was forcibly ejected from the ground today. It saddened me to see how it was handled by the stewards. The guy clearly has issues for whatever reason and was quite verbally abusive during the first half, however by the time he was approached by the steward dressed like a paramilitary he was calm, the said steward was quite aggressive and only one outcome was ever going to happen, hats off to the second steward (SIA trained I believe) who was very calm in this situation. But to drag this guy out in front of the support in this manner was a disgrace, could have handled this a lot better and taken him to the quiet side of the ground. In this time of mental health awareness I am disappointed. After all there was plenty of foul and abusive language from the singer's at the Golf Road end in front of families which I understand was the initial source of the complaint from a group of Albion fans.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ejected from the ground
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »

Not the first time he has caused issues at the ground and yes he does seem to have some issues going by his behaviour over the years, but surely there has to be a point where he Is given at least either a final warning, if not a permanent ban from the ground.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 07:46:58 PM »

Im sure he was banned several years ago for a racial abuse incident - I wouldnt expect that ban to ever be changed hence is still in force ?

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »

Im sure he was banned several years ago for a racial abuse incident - I wouldnt expect that ban to ever be changed hence is still in force ?

Altrincham FC
25 March 2012 ·
Altrincham FC chairman Grahame Rowley has issued the following statement regarding the incident at yesterday's game:

"Following the behaviour of one of our supporters, Dennis Birch, during the game this afternoon, the Board have decided to ban Mr Birch from Moss Lane. His behaviour is unacceptable to the club.

I have apologised on behalf of the Football Club to the player involved, his manager and the Chairman of Solihull Moors. They have accepted the apology and, as far as both clubs are concerned, this is an end to the matter. As stated recently in the matchday programme, racial abuse will not be tolerated at Altrincham Football Club".

Man of Moss

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 07:53:21 PM »

No arguing with that, why let him in then?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »

Was it Denis today or David ?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 07:56:36 PM »

The other thread says it was Dave Birch that got thrown out today and he isn't banned from the stadium.
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 07:58:03 PM »

No arguing with that, why let him in then?

that was Dennis, his brother who was banned for racial abuse
today it was David , his brother who was ejected. it isn't the first time he has been abusive, the Steward did ok considering David was attempting to hit him at one point.

AntonDeck

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 08:04:32 PM »

The guy on the half way line who wears the flat cap was forcibly ejected from the ground today. It saddened me to see how it was handled by the stewards. The guy clearly has issues for whatever reason and was quite verbally abusive during the first half, however by the time he was approached by the steward dressed like a paramilitary he was calm, the said steward was quite aggressive and only one outcome was ever going to happen, hats off to the second steward (SIA trained I believe) who was very calm in this situation. But to drag this guy out in front of the support in this manner was a disgrace, could have handled this a lot better and taken him to the quiet side of the ground. In this time of mental health awareness I am disappointed. After all there was plenty of foul and abusive language from the singer's at the Golf Road end in front of families which I understand was the initial source of the complaint from a group of Albion fans.

What was the steward surposed to do after being hit?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 08:13:47 PM »

I was stood right next to him along with several well humoured Witton fans. He just snapped and went on a rant for a few minutes, didn’t really say anything untoward but swearing several times with kids in front of him has obviously led to someone complaining. By the time the whistle went for half time I didn’t hear anything more so surprised he got booted out. He clearly has a mild mental issue

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 08:39:22 PM »

Not there today and wasn't therefore going to comment. Feel I have to though, David Birch along with his brother Dennis have been lifelong Alty fans, home and away. Sadly Dennis crossed a line and was rightly banned however they both are not the brightest and get a bit emotional in their passion for what is probably one of the only meaningful points in their lives. I would never consider either to be a physical danger to anybody, at most a verbal nuisance. Recent reports suggest a game or games have been attended by a group of 20 or so 17ish kids, chanting aggressively, drinking and looking for trouble with away supporters without any obvious sanction. How does this work? Easy option perhaps for a steward who probably doesn't know him seeing as our regular ones were relieved of duties? Discussion perhaps?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »

Fair comment but look at David, he's just a eccentric old idiot who needs a talking to. The Wealdstone Raider was a similar prat and he became a minor celebrity!!

AntonDeck

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 08:54:11 PM »

I was stood right next to him along with several well humoured Witton fans. He just snapped and went on a rant for a few minutes, didn’t really say anything untoward but swearing several times with kids in front of him has obviously led to someone complaining. By the time the whistle went for half time I didn’t hear anything more so surprised he got booted out. He clearly has a mild mental issue

He started swearing and shouting again at HT - the steward asked him to calm down. He didn't - he was then asked to leave - he then went for the steward.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 09:02:15 PM »

OK wasn't there but I reckon a regular steward would have known him and dealt with him in a caring manner. My main point is that issues again have been raised today about game management, despite the level we are now at.

AntonDeck

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 09:04:14 PM »

OK wasn't there but I reckon a regular steward would have known him and dealt with him in a caring manner. My main point is that issues again have been raised today about game management, despite the level we are now at.

The steward did nothing wrong
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ejected from the ground