Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 02:31:55 PM
269467 Posts in 22031 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Farsedly Celtic - Match Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Farsedly Celtic - Match Thread  (Read 6605 times)
Snork Maiden
Regular First Team

Like this post? +284/-227

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 09:04:51 PM »

Hannigan is the best defender in the league by a country mile,just hope is fitness issues are behind him.

I agree but Harrison is just as good.
It wasnt that long ago many experts on here saw Hannigan as an injury prone luxury Shocked Huh
How wrong they were Grin

I was one of them tbh Pukka. His ability was never in doubt,he's a class act,it was just his injury record which is hopefully now behind him.
Paul Cain's Chip Pan
Regular First Team

Like this post? +376/-275

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »

Delighted with another 3 points today. Keep it going lads!

Come on Alty!
SammyH8
First Team Squad

Like this post? +11/-17

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »

getting more and more confident that we'll piss this tinpot league. up the reds
Matt Taylor
Reserve Team

Like this post? +159/-38

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2018, 12:31:33 AM »

Hannigan is the best defender in the league by a country mile,just hope is fitness issues are behind him.

It wasnt that long ago many experts on here saw Hannigan as an injury prone luxury Shocked Huh
How wrong they were Grin

Have a day off Ian. Any criticism last season was fully justified. He was signed on big money (relative to our budget), with a big reputation, was a massive disappointment, and was a big part of the worst season weíve ever had.
Itís not like he was pulling up any trees in the games he was fit for.

Good on him (and the current management team) if he has regrouped over the summer, got himself fit, and is doing well at a lower level than we signed him to play at. But any fans expressing concerns with Tom Hannigan during last season deserve more respect than your condescending drivel.

Sarf London Alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +143/-102

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2018, 09:35:46 AM »

How wrong they were Grin

Have a day off Ian. Any criticism last season was fully justified. He was signed on big money (relative to our budget), with a big reputation, was a massive disappointment, and was a big part of the worst season weíve ever had.

Good on him (and the current management team) if he has regrouped over the summer, got himself fit, and is doing well at a lower level than we signed him to play at. But any fans expressing concerns with Tom Hannigan during last season deserve more respect than your condescending drivel.

Absolutely spot on. The fact that TH is now one of our key players (and long may that continue) does not erase a season of crushing disappointment from a player who joined us with a very big rep. If he leads us to the North AND continues to perform next season at the higher level then the debt is paid.
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +280/-298

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2018, 10:20:16 AM »

How wrong they were Grin

Bang on the money. Iíll hold my hands up and say I gave him plenty of stick, especially away at Fylde last season. Every player deserved it last season. Well done to those who felt indebted enough to stick around, but quite frankly, after the atrocities of last season the very least the likes of Hannigan can do is boss a league they werenít even signed to perform in.

Him and Harrison have been sublime, should it continue we will have this league wrapped up with games spare.

Still Fabio Bassangue's English tutor.
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2018, 10:22:13 AM »

Sounded like a great win. Winning ugly is a good trait to have. Today Mark Simpson on RR said we haven't conceded a goal in the league since Whitby (10th October) with Hannigan in the team. That's a great stat.

Good shout as I believe he was substituted before Mickleoverís consolation in the 1-2 away victory? Nice stat. Definitely not pinching it.

The Thriving Jezza
Regular First Team

Like this post? +531/-1240

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2018, 11:25:38 AM »

After the Nantwich game when Tom got himself sent off I lost patience and said we should tear up his contract.....

I'm delighted that Tom has since proved me wrong and that PP stuck with him...for me if he helps us get out of this league he will have repaid his debt....

His attitude and play have been spot on this season...

Please step to the side and allow the club to move forward Grahame, you have no right to hold it for ransom over your personal ego.....
PukkaPieman
Regular First Team

Like this post? +90/-320

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 06:01:45 PM »

It just shows what can be achieved with a positive management approach and talented players.
I always thought he was a good player, unlike many on here as some have admitted,... but he just got injured early on and was not well managed last year,...
It now seems most fans agree how well Tom is doing as to be fair are all the players in my opinion.

robininstockport
Regular First Team

Like this post? +134/-158

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 09:35:45 PM »

Reading PPs interview on the main site looks like it got a bit heated from their fans as our players walked off the pitch

We're Alty FC, we're on our way back
wayno
Regular First Team

Like this post? +318/-359

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »

Reading PPs interview on the main site looks like it got a bit heated from their fans as our players walked off the pitch
i do like the way phil articulates himself

It's good we are finally getting under the skin of people after rolling over for such a long time

ParkINson's red and white army
Hamish de Bretton-Gordon
Regular First Team

Like this post? +547/-367

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 09:03:28 AM »

He needs to stop taking to heart bits of stuff off the internet though. Football is a game of opinions. Also, plenty of people, who are genuine supporters rather than spectators, unfortunately wonít have anything positive to say about any aspect of the  club until changes at the top are seen and fresh investment/ideas are on board. Thatís not his fault, and I appreciate he wants togetherness but To be fair nothing is detracting from getting behind the team from those that still attend. Hell, imagine the backing if everyone still went
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:12:40 AM by Trent Sainsbury » Logged
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 09:26:33 AM »

He needs to stop taking to heart bits of stuff off the internet though. Football is a game of opinions. Also, plenty of people, who are genuine supporters rather than spectators, unfortunately wonít have anything positive to say about any aspect of the  club until changes at the top are seen and fresh investment/ideas are on board. Thatís not his fault, and I appreciate he wants togetherness but To be fair nothing is detracting from getting behind the team from those that still attend. Hell, imagine the backing if everyone still went

The quickness to pick up on the most minor of criticism is a growing concern of mine.

Hamish de Bretton-Gordon
Regular First Team

Like this post? +547/-367

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 12:22:44 PM »

Also, I notice a glib remark on a recent story on the clubs official Facebook page. The remark in question was made by a Liverpool fan that I havenít seen at moss lane for a decade or more. I fully Understand wanting a feel good factor, but social media will always produce nonsense, we all know that and most engage in nonsense in one way or another. Itís genuinely not important. On wards to Stafford 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:24:28 PM by Trent Sainsbury » Logged
cheshire cat
Regular First Team

Like this post? +55/-144

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »

The quickness to pick up on the most minor of criticism is a growing concern of mine.

For me, it is good that he is seeking feedback. I'm not necessarily expecting him to react to it but operating in a vacuum with no awareness of how your product is being perceived is a high risk approach and the trait of a poor manager whether that be football or anything else.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
« previous next »
    Jump to: