PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Farsedly Celtic - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Farsedly Celtic - Match Thread  (Read 18123 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Farsedly Celtic - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 12:54:57 PM »

He needs to stop taking to heart bits of stuff off the internet though. Football is a game of opinions. Also, plenty of people, who are genuine supporters rather than spectators, unfortunately won’t have anything positive to say about any aspect of the  club until changes at the top are seen and fresh investment/ideas are on board. That’s not his fault, and I appreciate he wants togetherness but To be fair nothing is detracting from getting behind the team from those that still attend. Hell, imagine the backing if everyone still went

The quickness to pick up on the most minor of criticism is a growing concern of mine.

Fully agree. The football being served up is excellent but PP shouldn’t mix that up with correct and deserved criticism of our off the field operation. I suspect he has only heard a rather one sided version of events with regards to what has happened off the field at the club over the past 2 years.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »

Hannigan has been brilliant alongside Harrison. I don't think we have conceded a goal when Dens has STARTED at RB. He came on against Witton and didn't start against Warrington in the trophy replay. Dens has been quality. The whole defence have been spot on.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2018, 03:11:32 PM »

Hannigan has been brilliant alongside Harrison. I don't think we have conceded a goal when Dens has STARTED at RB. He came on against Witton and didn't start against Warrington in the trophy replay. Dens has been quality. The whole defence have been spot on.

Absolutely and going for the cliche coupon buster, if you hold possession like we are doing this season, the opposition are less likely to have chances to score. I do think it's fair to say the Workington and Witton defeats were down to very specific circumstances and they account for 9 of the 21 goals conceded thus far. It means we've let in 12 goals in the other 24 games played, which will always give us a more than even chance of winning, as Saturday showed.   

We might be seeing a lot more of those Witton circumstances though and I hope that the management team have taken that on board and prepared  accordingly. I have some faith that they have.

I imagine PP is surprised at the state of the pitch. If we want to play sexy football in this league then we need to have a decent playing surface at home because we cant reply on the opposition for that.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2018, 03:46:18 PM »

There is no doubt the surface does/will effect the style of play that PP likes to play and no slight on the ground staff whatsoever but I would love to see a concerted effort at the season end to rectifying the problem once and for all. perhaps a brainstorming meeting with the likes of the council and if possible a rep from MUFC (as I think there under 18s use it) and whoever else to sort the drainage problem once and for all.

I do think it would probably entail a fair bit of work though.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2018, 03:49:38 PM »

Absolutely and going for the cliche coupon buster, if you hold possession like we are doing this season, the opposition are less likely to have chances to score. I do think it's fair to say the Workington and Witton defeats were down to very specific circumstances and they account for 9 of the 21 goals conceded thus far. It means we've let in 12 goals in the other 24 games played, which will always give us a more than even chance of winning, as Saturday showed.   

We might be seeing a lot more of those Witton circumstances though and I hope that the management team have taken that on board and prepared  accordingly. I have some faith that they have.

I imagine PP is surprised at the state of the pitch. If we want to play sexy football in this league then we need to have a decent playing surface at home because we cant reply on the opposition for that.

4G?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2018, 05:29:26 PM »

There is no doubt the surface does/will effect the style of play that PP likes to play and no slight on the ground staff whatsoever but I would love to see a concerted effort at the season end to rectifying the problem once and for all. perhaps a brainstorming meeting with the likes of the council and if possible a rep from MUFC (as I think there under 18s use it) and whoever else to sort the drainage problem once and for all.

Haven't we already been down that route though?

http://www.footballfoundation.org.uk/digitalpublications/fsif-focus-2017/?page=10
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2018, 05:54:54 PM »

4G?

I would personally hate 4g, it isn't the same game. However our pitch is terrible this year, when other pitches at our level are OK. Just needs addressing this summer.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2018, 06:06:13 PM »

Haven't we already been down that route though?

http://www.footballfoundation.org.uk/digitalpublications/fsif-focus-2017/?page=10

Fair comment, perhaps there is a problem/ blockage somewhere in the system.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2018, 08:57:21 PM »

Farsley are investigating an allegation of a fan spitting at one our playing staff.

Dirty bastard (allegedly)
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2018, 09:02:35 PM »

Farsley are investigating an allegation of a fan spitting at one our playing staff.

i got spat on once in the face at work in the trafford centre . I wanted to throw him over the top balcony
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2018, 09:09:45 PM »

i got spat on once in the face at work in the trafford centre . I wanted to throw him over the top balcony

If it's the same culprit we'll sort it
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2018, 09:12:55 PM »

Well, if you will insist on getting involved in a heated fracas with Bob Carolgees....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2018, 09:29:41 AM »

I wouldn't have minded but he had halatosis
ParkINson's red and white army

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2018, 05:31:04 PM »

Easily the better side, and could have been two up at the break but for their keeper.

But why do we make life hard for ourselves but dropping deeper as the game wears on ? We only needed to cock up once and two points could have gone down the pan.

If Farsley beat Shaw Lane 4-2, the latter can't be THAT good. And by the time they get to that playoff 6 pointer at Workington, they should need a telescope to see us. We will win this league by a margin of at least 10 points, and I fancy Grantham or Warrington for the playoffs.
Well said that man!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Farsedly Celtic - Match Thread