News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You are PP

Author Topic: You are PP  (Read 3185 times)

Jezza

You are PP
« on: January 02, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »

What tinkering would you do as Alty manager?

Bit of an odd signing White...I'd be looking to start with dens Harrison hannegan and Hampson....so defensively I'd be looking at cover players...sounds odd but he is abit too good to sign in a position where we have a first on the team sheet type player in dens...

I think JJ has begun to play like he did at the beginning of the season, running down blind alleys like an out of control fifa player....PP dropped him then and then bought him back and he was superb....I'd think of doing the same again for a few games...

I'd like to see Richman and Poole in midfield and drop Moult, do we need a covering player??....think Moult has played reasonably well btw just want to move Poole back to find room for my next move....

Sign the centre forward from Buxton to help Hulme and the right winger from Matlock......
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:17:53 PM by The Thriving Jezza »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: You are PP
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »

Can't drop JJ unless he is fatigued. Yes he has been slightly off the boil but didn't get many balls to him. We were far too slow at switching the play last game,especially first half.
Moult looked tired,I would recall Taylor or have Richman holding and have Harrop as the advancing mid to recharge Moult.  
Poole hasn't got the engine for centre mid,he has spurts of pace but can't maintain it in centre mid.
We are now short on full backs with losing Short and Disney. Both I am gutted about.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 05:36:56 PM »

We also need to utilise Peers and Miller more.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 10:34:20 AM »

I'd carry on as before, no tinkering required.  One defeat is not the end of the world, team ethos and togetherness are the most important aspects
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 11:36:42 AM »

White covers both left and right full back positions, so will be invaluable to us. I also don't believe that tinkering is really necessary. The conditions were the leveller on NYD, so no knee her reactions required.

Having said that, JJ has looked a bit out of sorts for a bit, so he does need a rest.
We've lost a lot of players recently, so I'm thinking that possibly room is being made for a new player. If we are really serious about winning this league, I'd be asking the question of Lee Shaw at Grantham or Hardy at Buxton. There's no harm in asking!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 02:02:27 PM »

If I was the manager, I would bring Hannigan and Dens back into defense.

Give JJ a rest and give Miller/Peers a go.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »

I trust PP to make the right decisions, he has ALL the facts and knows what he's doing ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You are PP