Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 06:11:06 PM
270648 Posts in 22132 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  1874 Northwich Match Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 1874 Northwich Match Thread  (Read 4332 times)
thegazelle
Regular First Team

Like this post? +270/-89

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 09:58:14 PM »

they have won 10 games on the trot . we should not be too complacent

Still pissing in a green and white pot, after all these years and all those miles
Mallorca Alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +66/-75

aka Cestrian Alty

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 11:24:33 PM »

1874 10/3
Draw 5/1
Alty 2/5

90 mins betting. I think they have got the prices wrong on the draw and 1874.

What bookies is offering odds on the Cheshire Senior Cup?!
Bet365

We should be beating teams like these
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +293/-304

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 01:54:46 PM »

1874 10/3
Draw 5/1
Alty 2/5

90 mins betting. I think they have got the prices wrong on the draw and 1874.

What bookies is offering odds on the Cheshire Senior Cup?!
Bet365

Paddy Power go:

1874 Northwich 10/3
Draw 9/2
Altrincham 4/9

Altrincham to Win & Over 2.5 Goals 1/1 looks a nice price.

Still Fabio Bassangue's English tutor.
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +57/-222

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 07:17:16 PM »

I wouldn't expect to see Harrop....he's deservedly in the first team at the moment.

Well, I'm surprised. Five of Saturday's starting XI.  Maybe PP is taking this seriously.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:42:00 PM by One Foot in the Grave » Logged
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +57/-222

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 09:50:10 PM »

So we march on. Let's hope this tinpot cup doesn't interfere with us winning this tinpot league.
wayno
Regular First Team

Like this post? +322/-362

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »

We really should be beating teams like this etc.

ParkINson's red and white army
Teasierbeaver
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »

We really should be beating teams like this etc.

All the more odd that we did for a change!
Uncle Globnasty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +322/-130

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 10:25:32 PM »

So we march on. Let's hope this tinpot cup doesn't interfere with us winning this tinpot league.

+1 Absolutely spot on. Never have liked this annoyance of a competition and never will (and yes I've been to finals).....probably stems back to us getting fined 500 pounds (which were worth a hell of a lot more back then; for several reasons)  by the Cheshire FA for fielding a reserve side away at Cammell Laird on a bloody Tuesday afternoon for fecks sake (back in very early 80's).

I would have been happy to see us out of this, even at the hands of those of a green and white persuasion.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
jiminlondon
Regular First Team

Like this post? +31/-24

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »

Completely understand your point of view Globby but I think we should go and win some trophies.
Iím amazed that people canít see the connection, whenever teams at all levels play a weakened team and lose it disrupts their momentum- the thing we have going for us right now is the belief that we will win every game.
robininstockport
Regular First Team

Like this post? +135/-165

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 10:32:25 PM »

An unwelcome distraction no doubt, but sounds like we put in a professional performance. Aside from Peers' yellow card a good night's for the fringe players

We're Alty FC, we're on our way back
Uncle Globnasty
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 10:38:59 PM »

Completely understand your point of view Globby but I think we should go and win some trophies.
Iím amazed that people canít see the connection, whenever teams at all levels play a weakened team and lose it disrupts their momentum- the thing we have going for us right now is the belief that we will win every game.

I understand that point of view also, but it's the risk of first team players getting injured that worries me more than anything else.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 11:11:38 PM »

I understand that point of view also, but it's the risk of first team players getting injured that worries me more than anything else.

We could have lost Shaun Densmore for a very long time following that tackle in the first half. Horrendous, straight red was completely warranted but not a true reflection of a game that was played the right way by two teams who kept it on the ground and clearly wanted to progress.

Their fans have every right to feel aggrieved following our second, there was a quite blatant foul on a Ď74 player in the build-up. It wouldnít have changed much though. The writing was on the wall when we named such a strong defence, they were reduced to snatching at half chances of which I can only remember two. Professional and assured, as you would expect.

I know itís not a night for negatives but I must say I expected more of Sean Miller, who played as a #9 but didnít really influence the game as youíd expect. Perhaps we were just trialling him as a forward, as the more natural choice would have been Peers #9 Miller #11.

Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 11:15:13 PM »

Will add, Johnstonís goal was superb and itís a real shame the majority of you will never get to see it. Probably in our top five of the season so far.

Lots of their fans seem to still really dislike us. I wouldnít have it any other way. Hopefully they progress as a club and work their way back up to our level.

Graham
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +4/-118

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2018, 11:25:13 PM »

We could have lost Shaun Densmore for a very long time following that tackle in the first half. Horrendous, straight red was completely warranted but not a true reflection of a game that was played the right way by two teams who kept it on the ground and clearly wanted to progress.

Their fans have every right to feel aggrieved following our second, there was a quite blatant foul on a Ď74 player in the build-up. It wouldnít have changed much though. The writing was on the wall when we named such a strong defence, they were reduced to snatching at half chances of which I can only remember two. Professional and assured, as you would expect.

I know itís not a night for negatives but I must say I expected more of Sean Miller, who played as a #9 but didnít really influence the game as youíd expect. Perhaps we were just trialling him as a forward, as the more natural choice would have been Peers #9 Miller #11.

That's why football is a great game. Riley's tackle was a yellow at most and if it was a red why wasn't 't your lad sent off late in the second half for the same thing. Didn't like the way your keeper and six players surrounded the ref....

We competed really well and if it had stayed 11v11 who knows. Also tell your radio guys we are 1874 not Vics
Uncle Globnasty
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 11:29:24 PM »

That's why football is a great game. Riley's tackle was a yellow at most and if it was a red why wasn't 't your lad sent off late in the second half for the same thing. Didn't like the way your keeper and six players surrounded the ref....

We competed really well and if it had stayed 11v11 who knows. Also tell your radio guys we are 1874 not Vics

Aye, aye, the condiment chompers are still as bitter and twisted as ever.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »
    Jump to: