PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1874 Northwich Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 1874 Northwich Match Thread  (Read 13808 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 1874 Northwich Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 11:39:45 PM »

Sounds like a useful workout ahead of another tough away game on Saturday. Does anyone know what round we are in now? Quarters next or Semis?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 11:49:21 PM »

Sounds like a useful workout ahead of another tough away game on Saturday. Does anyone know what round we are in now? Quarters next or Semis?

Even the thought of Gresty Road isn't giving me a semi
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

GB Alty

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »

Bit sad to be so disrespectful to a competition we've been playing in for 100 years, could understand it if we were flying high in the conference, but we're evostick sh*t now and should be grateful of the opportunity

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 12:15:55 AM »

Bit sad to be so disrespectful to a competition we've been playing in for 100 years, could understand it if we were flying high in the conference, but we're evostick sh*t now and should be grateful of the opportunity

Bore off
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 08:39:52 AM »

Is the final at Gresty Road then?

roytonmike

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 09:27:14 AM »

We are now in the quarter-finals; Hyde & Stockport also won their games this week; Alsager v Stalybridge (along with Winsford v Warrington) was postponed. The other outstanding (?) ties are Stockport Town (who I think used to be Woodley, then Stockport Sports?) v Cammell Laird, Runcorn Linnets v Crewe & Sandbach United v Nantwich. Cheshire FA website has no details of draw or dates for next round as yet. The venue for the final seems to rotate between Wincham Park and Nantwich these days, by the way.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:39:29 AM by roytonmike »

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »

We could have lost Shaun Densmore for a very long time following that tackle in the first half. Horrendous, straight red was completely warranted but not a true reflection of a game that was played the right way by two teams who kept it on the ground and clearly wanted to progress.

Their fans have every right to feel aggrieved following our second, there was a quite blatant foul on a ‘74 player in the build-up. It wouldn’t have changed much though. The writing was on the wall when we named such a strong defence, they were reduced to snatching at half chances of which I can only remember two. Professional and assured, as you would expect.

I know it’s not a night for negatives but I must say I expected more of Sean Miller, who played as a #9 but didn’t really influence the game as you’d expect. Perhaps we were just trialling him as a forward, as the more natural choice would have been Peers #9 Miller #11.

That's why football is a great game. Riley's tackle was a yellow at most and if it was a red why wasn't 't your lad sent off late in the second half for the same thing. Didn't like the way your keeper and six players surrounded the ref....

We competed really well and if it had stayed 11v11 who knows. Also tell your radio guys we are 1874 not Vics

Because Tom Peers' challenge wasn't as bad as the abysmal one that saw a red card in the first half. The only reason the referee would have given a red card would have been to even the numbers out of guilt. I'm glad he was strong enough to avoid that, albeit his overall performance was pretty abysmal. I'd agree that you competed well and I hope you go on to win the FA Vase this season.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 11:21:44 PM »

Runcorn Linnets 0-2 Crewe

Sandbach A-A Nantwich FOG OFF

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 11:23:33 PM »

Runcorn Linnets 0-2 Crewe

Sandbach A-A Nantwich FOG OFF