PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Share update
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Share update  (Read 10880 times)

andrewflynn

Share update
« on: January 10, 2018, 08:59:27 PM »

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/news.htm#180110shares

What better opportunity to actually make a go at advertising them, now?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Share update
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »

Seems fair. If they can't even be arsed to have a meeting it sounds like they weren't particularly serious.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »

Time for the club to start exploring new ways to seek investment.
It's all my fault.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »

Seems fair. If they can't even be arsed to have a meeting it sounds like they weren't particularly serious.

Can’t criticise the club if these people didn’t engage properly, clearly not serious. Agreed though that the topic of how we attract new investment now needs to be revisited. We’ve effectively been on the market for 9 months now and not attracted one serious bid.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »

Can’t criticise the club if these people didn’t engage properly, clearly not serious. Agreed though that the topic of how we attract new investment now needs to be revisited. We’ve effectively been on the market for 9 months now and not attracted one serious bid.

Does anyone know we’re up for sale that doesn’t read the clubs website, the matchday programme or this forum?? What have these people charged with brokering the sale of the club been doing? The only thing I’ve seen is in an industry magazine and that didn’t come from the football club

Matt Taylor

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 09:58:24 PM »

To be fair to Grahame Rowley and the board, they recognised that the skills and contacts required to sell the shares don’t currently exist at board level, and took the sensible decision to engage the services of a third party to operate on their behalf. Therefore, I’d be interested to know,

* Where is the glossy brochure, or ‘investor pack’, to sell the club to potential investors?

* Where are the ‘investor days, we should be holding at the club?

* Where is the social media plan to raise awareness?

* Why are we not utilising every available media opportunity at the club (of which there has been many) to talk about the shares?

* Has anything else happened to advertise the shares since the club released a 3 paragraph statement on John Laidler’s website last June?

In short, what the f**k is actually being done, proactively, by this third party to raise awareness and sell the shares? Does anyone at the club still think that the current third party is the right one to act in the best interests of the club? And, who at the club is responsible for over-seeing this to make sure they are doing everything they can to find the right investors?

I think most people recognise that making a formal offer (such as in this case) doesn’t automatically make anyone the right people to take the club forward, but the above questions are not unreasonable for the board to be answering given the lack of action and progress over the past 9 months.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:35:26 PM »

To be fair to Grahame Rowley and the board, they recognised that the skills and contacts required to sell the shares don’t currently exist at board level, and took the sensible decision to engage the services of a third party to operate on their behalf. Therefore, I’d be interested to know,

* Where is the glossy brochure, or ‘investor pack’, to sell the club to potential investors?

* Why are we not utilising every available media opportunity at the club (of which there has been many) to talk about the shares?

* Has anything else happened to advertise the shares since the club released a 3 paragraph statement on John Laidler’s website last June?

In short, what the f**k is actually being done, proactively, by this third party to raise awareness and sell the shares? Does anyone at the club still think that the current third party is the right one to act in the best interests of the club? And, who at the club is responsible for over-seeing this to make sure they are doing everything they can to find the right investors?

I think most people recognise that making a formal offer (such as in this case) doesn’t automatically make anyone the right people to take the club forward, but the above questions are not unreasonable for the board to be answering given the lack of action and progress over the past 9 months.

I'll throw in the FCUM direct mail idea for the seventh consecutive thread.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 11:33:21 PM »

A social media campaign to raise awareness of the investment opportunity is more than achievable. We’ve just never been given the green light.

I know you’re aware, but just so everyone else is, I’ve not been asked to advertise the shares on the club’s social media channels. I did enquire about what I can possibly post, but I never had a response. Obviously this is a sensitive area, and one that I don’t have an understanding of, so I naturally haven’t pursued it further in case it jeopardised something.

It’s quite obvious what we need to do to really make a go of attracting potential suitors. Matt’s post above is, as usual, a good one.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 11:42:19 PM »

"To be fair to Grahame Rowley....."

Now THERE'S a novelty !

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 08:25:47 AM »

A social media campaign to raise awareness of the investment opportunity is more than achievable. We’ve just never been given the green light.

I know you’re aware, but just so everyone else is, I’ve not been asked to advertise the shares on the club’s social media channels. I did enquire about what I can possibly post, but I never had a response. Obviously this is a sensitive area, and one that I don’t have an understanding of, so I naturally haven’t pursued it further in case it jeopardised something.

It’s quite obvious what we need to do to really make a go of attracting potential suitors. Matt’s post above is, as usual, a good one.

This truly baffles me, are we serious about trying to move the club forward and attract new investment or not, as it appears we are trying to market the opportunity with both hands tied behind our back. Its stuff like this that Parky needs to understand when he gripes in post game interviews, not the football, not the team but the current custodians of the club who are holding us back.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »

Now is the time to strike whilst we are easy meat and a reasonably good buy.

Flying high at the top of the league but with enough headroom (Conf North success and Conf National establishment) for the new people to be able to say "I did this".

We are the point for extreme attractiveness; let's get out there and get thoroughly laid.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Alty5678

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 08:42:09 AM »

How attractive are the shares to potential investors?

For me, there are two categories of people who may be interested.

1. Those that are interested in investing, in anything, to make a profit. To sell Alty to them for this purpose must be very difficult as I don't see it as a way of making a quick return.

2. Potential investors who are passionate about the club, who have money to spare and don't really care about a return on their investment, as it is going to the club they follow.

The people in the second category,  given they already have that passion for Alty, will already know about the share issue.

The people in the first category would need one hell of a glossy brochure/social media campaign/mail drop to spike their interest to the level they would invest their hard earned.

That said, more updates would be good as to what is happening and more transparency in what we are getting for the money we are surely paying this third party.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »

1. Local football fans who wish they could, or have tried and failed, to invest in a local league club.

How many people have stopped watching United and City? Or wish the could invest there but can't.

Examples: Glenn Templin or the bloke at Fylde.

2. People who want to build something, have their ego stroked.

Sell the shares as a chance to go on the journey to the football league, to become giant killers again.
It's all my fault.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 11:36:12 AM »

This is no surprise: we'd need someone with serious money to get beyond the due diligence stage. I can't see the Club attracting this kind of investor without a convincing, ambitious and engaging strategic vision: the Club doesn't have one. It had a "strategic review" which wasn't strategic. But there are people with serious money out there - the evidence is already there to see elsewhere.  The danger is, that ultimately the shares will end up being sold off in chunks, because we'll need the cash to fight the fires of semi-pro football and creaking infrastructure.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:41:54 AM by Graham Bennetts Perm »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »

1. Local football fans who wish they could, or have tried and failed, to invest in a local league club.

How many people have stopped watching United and City? Or wish the could invest there but can't.

Examples: Glenn Templin or the bloke at Fylde.

2. People who want to build something, have their ego stroked.

Sell the shares as a chance to go on the journey to the football league, to become giant killers again.

These are our two best options.....but for every Fleetwod there's a Rushden. If we can persuade someone to come in on that sort of basis, we must ensure that we are in a solid position when the time comes for them to walk away.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Share update